EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yep they were and "you people" were blaming President Obama, even though in truth, the decline started under GW Bush. Of course you will be howling and howling that I am blaming the last president when I should be blaming the current one. ****...well...tuff **** because how many time do I hear "you people" going as far back as President Jimmy Carter.

Anyway...our investments fared fairly well, not as robust as we would have like, that is, until lately. If the economy continues to grow as we all, I know you sure won't agree, as we all anticipate it will shucks we will be nearly our first full major milestone in investments. The "half major" was when we reached and surpassed the "half M" mark.

I love it when the stock markets do this. And they will continue to do so, as long as what regulations are in place now are not removed.

The financial crisis of 2007–2010 led to widespread calls for changes in the regulatory system. In June 2009, President Obama introduced a proposal for a "sweeping overhaul of the United States financial regulatory system, a transformation on a scale not seen since the reforms that followed the Great Depression."

The Dodd–Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act (Pub.L. 111-203, H.R. 4173) was signed into federal law by President Barack Obama on July 21, 2010. Passed as a response to the late-2000s recession, it brought the most significant changes to financial regulation in the United States since the regulatory reform that followed the Great Depression. It made changes in the American financial regulatory environment that affect all federal financial regulatory agencies and almost every part of the nation's financial services industry.

Romney would repeal environmental, health, and financial regulations that deliver important benefits to the economy.

The repeal of the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform would place us, the citizens investments in jeopardy again and could lead to tens of thousands of citizens loosing their savings/retirements/investments.

This would be especially devastating ESPECIALLY since Mittens wants to have Social Security placed in the hands of "wall street" investment bankers (or scavengers as I prefer to call them). Yep vulture capitalists....Vitt Vomney the Vampire and we know already how he buys and then sucks a company dry after loading them up with loans which are drained off to him and his investors. Leaving little if any cash available to pay back the banks. Hummmm....does remind me of Donald Trump and how he bankrupted not one but 4 companies, because he could and did and the banks/government paid for every one of them.

Attachments

·
Registered
43 Posts
Today, 3-1/2 years later, I guess we can blame China or the World Economy. The fact that the shortage of oil was the biggest hoax. June 15', my OWN prediction was the Stock Market was not going to do very well through the remainder of the year. I had Vanguard's VSMGX and put in safe keeping, not making anything, and watched the stock market roller coaster for 6+ months.

I predict the Market will further decline through 16', with ups and mostly downs, and pick-up in 2017, if we have a Republican President. :confused: :dancing:

I thought I would add my thoughts. One other note, we need to throw out all the "Good Ole Boys," in Congress and that includes Paul Ryan. We need true conservatives in DC, working for the people.
What more is there to say??? :banghead:

t

1 - 2 of 2 Posts