EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Interesting Michael Burton Quote
Michael Burton, Director of Interior Design for GM was quoted several times in a very interesting article in the August 30, 2007 edition of the Pittsburgh Post Gazette:

"I'm a big fan of 'old school' cars, and my team was a lot younger than I am," Mr. Burton explained. "So what we did was actually look back at Buicks built in the 1920s and '30s and the kind of character that resonated from those vehicles. We also looked at the 1963 Buick Riviera interior, one of the nicest designs ever done."

Most Beautiful GM Design in Years
The Article also says, "Meanwhile, the all-new Buick Enclave crossover is widely considered one of the most beautiful designs coming out of GM in years, and it's being hailed as Buick's "comeback" car, selling out in dealers everywhere."

The 63 Buick Riviera Interior
Note how closely the blue interior color scheme matches the blue exterior!

The 2008 Buick Enclave Interior

I have posted this elsewhere but it is worth seeing again,

[b]The 63 Buick Riviera Exterior[/b]

[IMG]

[b]Entire Pittsburgh Post Gazette article:[/b]

[url]http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07242/813258-28.stm[/url]

·
Premium Member
7,065 Posts
That does not look like my Enclave interior, similiar...yes, maybe pre-production?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
MRBUICK,

Point me to a better picture and I will replace it.

Thx, Steve

MRBUICK said:
That does not look like my Enclave interior, similiar...yes, maybe pre-production?

·
Registered
86 Posts
MRBUICK said:
That interior picture is an Outlook.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
i like old cars and that 63 riviera is so sharp. i can see the resemblence in style in the interiors, save, the pimp dice hanging in the window lol.

·
Premium Member
7,065 Posts
1965 Buick Riviera Inspired the Enclave says GM's Director of Interior Design

By the way, that is a 1965 Riviera, distinguished by the hidden headlamps and tail lights in the bumper, the third year of this body style. (Starting in 1966, it shared a body shell with the Oldsmobile Toronado.) Yes the 63-65 is a beautiful design, and is one of cars on my wish list. Make mine a GS model please. :cheers:

·
Registered
222 Posts
:notworthy: I was not even born yet.....

·
Registered
221 Posts
Oh, you guys are making my day. My Riviera GS is a '65 model. Real walnut trim, round gages in chrome, wooden (actually plastic) steering wheel, extremely deluxe interiors, etc. Yes, there are similarities. Enclave doesn't run like the dual four 425 though. Not expected to either. They look great sitting side by side in our garage and the Enclave is twice as tall.

Galen

·
Premium Member
7,065 Posts
The 65 Riviera GS is one of my all time favorite cars, enjoy yours!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
53 Skylark - Another Phenomenal Buick Design!

Since we are talking about gorgeous Buick's, the 1953 Skylark is hard to beat. Here is what I think the Enclave's design begins to share with classics such as the Riviera and the Skylark:

Luxurious, Classy, Powerful & Clean:

Wouldn't you love to take a cruise in this baby!!!!

Contrast the Enclave's Beautiful Front End

·
Registered
208 Posts
WOW - I SO NEVER would have complained about my husband's 1994 Buick Skylark that he brought into our marriage had it looked like THAT!!!!!

·
Registered
221 Posts
Thank you MrBuick. I do and I will, most certainly. I've never had to apologize for my beauty. So classy, yet powerful. It is in a class all by itself. Just like the Enclave. Those '53 Skylarks are really something too. I got to drive a green one a while back. Oh, that might have been one of those dreams!

Galen

·
Registered
484 Posts
The red convertible is absolutely LUSCIOUS! I love the hood ornament. Is the V for V8?

The Riviera interior is still classy and I think I prefer it to today's sedan interiors. I almost had TechnoMarvel talked into test driving a Lucerne until he looked at the interior.

Way back when I was in high school, I used to knit those angora dice for some of the fellas with customized cars. That was when George Barris was pinstriping and cars were flamed. There were Car Clubs back then and it was lots of fun. Used to go on Poker Runs, cruise the drive-in restaurants and the boulevards, caravan to picnics at parks that took a long drive to get to. (I swear American Graffiti was filmed in my town.) The car clubs all had metal placards they placed in their rear windows with their car club and logo on it. 8) Anyone out there in such a club or remember these things? Oh, I am really thinking way back when, like about 50 years ago.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts