EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am wanting to purchase a Enclave but can't decide on the bench seat (8 person) or captain chairs (7 seater). Can you give me your pros and cons if you own either?
Thanks!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
358 Posts
Hi there! I use the third row daily so the 7 passenger set up was a must. I have two carseats in the captains row and a booster in the third row with the additional third row seat used with a seatbelt. I haven't had three people across in the third row and I really don't think it's possible unless they are children. If you will only need the second row the bench option may be the way to go in order to save money (I think it was -$450). Good luck on your new Enclave.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
405 Posts
I was in the third row with a booster seat and a big 9y/o. I was very comfortable, not squished with lot's of leg room.
I like the captains seats because I like the aisle access to the third row. Plus I like the armrests on the captains seats.
But if I NEEDED the bench seat, I certainly would not have hesitated.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,429 Posts
I had a bench seat in my Rendezvous (I know, not an Enclave) and I liked it a lot. Decided to go with the Captain's Chairs for the access to the rear for my dogs. Kinda wished I'd ordered the bench, but the Captains Chairs look very classy![/color]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
333 Posts
akin187 said:
I am wanting to purchase a Enclave but can't decide on the bench seat (8 person) or captain chairs (7 seater). Can you give me your pros and cons if you own either?
Thanks!
What are you hauling??

We have two (older) kids so we *need* the seperation the Captain's chairs provide for our sanity. Also, when we haul their friends it makes access to the third row easier, and finally, going out to dinner with another couple gives everyone "First Class" seating (after we wipe the kid goo off the seats anyway!)...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
WE have a 17 month old daughter and a baby on the way. I wasn't sure if I wanted car seats in the captains seats or to keep the bench like a regular vehicle. The cargo area is smaller, so if I needed to flip the 3rd row down, it would make for a "regular" vehicle. But, still would love to hear more to help me make my decision. Some good points have been brought to my attention! :thumb:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
509 Posts
Have always stuck with a bench, and when we started Enclave shopping, expected to stick with the same. After trying a few, the seat is large, but it just really makes the middle of the vehicle and especially the 3rd row seem more cramped and closed off. Tried out one with the captains and they not only felt better (like sitting in a front seat, but in the middle), but the space between them made it seem much more open and the 3rd row is not blockaded off.

Of course, many still do need that extra 8th spot...but as I found out, we just simply prefer the captain's for the big difference in how the interior space just feels with them in comparison and the slight extra comfort.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
758 Posts
We need the 8 passenger capacity and like having extra luggage space while having 3 sitting in the middle. 4 kids does that. Access to the third row has not been any more difficult than it would be with captain's chairs for us.

No regrets about getting the second row bench.

TM
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
333 Posts
akin187 said:
WE have a 17 month old daughter and a baby on the way. I wasn't sure if I wanted car seats in the captains seats or to keep the bench like a regular vehicle. The cargo area is smaller, so if I needed to flip the 3rd row down, it would make for a "regular" vehicle. But, still would love to hear more to help me make my decision. Some good points have been brought to my attention! :thumb:
In your situation I would, and did, have vehicles with second row captains chairs. Once you strap the car seats in the bench it's impossible to get anyone in the third row without disassembling the car.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
758 Posts
johnt26 said:
In your situation I would, and did, have vehicles with second row captains chairs. Once you strap the car seats in the bench it's impossible to get anyone in the third row without disassembling the car.
Huh?

We had a 9 passenger Suburban with triplets. The middle seat had a car seat on the left side. Getting to the back was easy from the right with the single seat folding down. Same on the Enclave.

TM
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
333 Posts
Tin Man said:
Huh?

We had a 9 passenger Suburban with triplets. The middle seat had a car seat on the left side. Getting to the back was easy from the right with the single seat folding down. Same on the Enclave.

TM
I was thinking about putting the car seats outboard in the second row, that way you don't break your back getting them in and out and the 2 year-old doesn't mess with the baby! So you put 2 of the triplets in the 3rd row??
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,999 Posts
Unless you absolutely MUST seat 8, or need more luggage room on a regular basis with 5 total riders, including the 3 in the bench, (unused 3rd row can then be folded) get the Capt seats! Not just for looks, not just for roominess on floor area, but for easy access w/o folding the 2nd row seats! Just walk up the middle. As johnt26 states, getting to the 3rd row with 2 outboard baby seats is a nightmare cause how do you fold the bench w/ baby seats in them??

We found that even one baby seat allows the the other Capts. chair rider to remain seated, as my little neighbors kid scrambles past you, to gain access to 3rd row. Very convenient.

Consider your options per your lifestyle and enjoy the beautiful Enclave :thumb:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
758 Posts
johnt26 said:
I was thinking about putting the car seats outboard in the second row, that way you don't break your back getting them in and out and the 2 year-old doesn't mess with the baby! So you put 2 of the triplets in the 3rd row??
The nine passenger configuration was great: one in the middle in front, one on the far left in the middle, and one in the far right in the third row. One driver and an adult can be with each triplet. Enough room in the back for a triplet carriage too. The Suburban was great for us at the time.

TM
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top