EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Our home is in the 99% total eclipse - so we went to a clear spot (away from trees) on a golf course, set up our folding chairs, and settled in for the show. We were surprised - 99% isn't very dark! Much like bright twilight. No chance for photos, because the sun still was very bright, even though it was only 1% visible! The biggest surprise to us was the drop in temperature - must have dropped at least 20 degrees. It sure was interesting to watch the moon crawl over the sun's surface.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The photo is my wife, her son (disabled and lives with us), and yours truly.
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,405 Posts
We were only in a partial eclipse for SW Ohio. But, I did snap a couple neat photographs. They are of our deck showing the sun shining through the leaves. You can see the crescent shape of the eclipse. The first one was when the eclipse was at it's peak. The second one, when the moon crossed over to the other part of the sun.

**** it, the images are upright on the computer. Why they ended up sideways...oh well, you get the "picture", LOL!!!
 

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
21,164 Posts
Those are very cool photos! In my area of NJ, the eclipse was in the 75% range, and the result was a bit like looking around outside with sunglasses on.
 
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
3 Participants
GoldEnclave
EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community
We’re a forum community dedicated to Buick Enclave SUV owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades, towing capacity, reliability, and more!
Full Forum Listing
Top