EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
No changes from the 2010. Just read in my car mags that we will not see a change until 2013 and they stated it will be a "minor" change. They did state that GM is coming out with a "baby clave" in 2011-2012 to compete with the smaller 5 seater "utes".

·
Registered
6,825 Posts
All what you hear. I heard that for 2013 the Enclave will be all new. Not sure what they think is all new, but should be more than just lights and grill changes. As for 2011, I will make a prediction: They will make the c pillar black, instead of body color. Go to the buick website, and notice the beginning flash video with the cars moving by on the road, and the Enclave has the black c pillar, which leads me to believe they didn't want to have to change it next year, so they just made it black now. Only a wild guess here, but if I state it now, and it happens, then I can say "SEE, I told you"!

If I had a chrystal ball, this is what I would predict for other 2011 updates: I would guess the center stack, radio and climate controls, will be updated. I would say CX Enclave will not have all the goodies that the CXL's have now (no chrome door handles, no chrome roof rails, no wood on the dash, no wood on the steering wheel.) Also, I see the two tone paint schemes going away, for single color schemes. I would also think they will decontent something, like perhaps the turnsignals in the mirrors (won't be standard), or the HID headlights won't be standard.

As for new options, I would guess they may come out with rainsense wipers as an option, perhaps adaptive cruise control, and I would really think they would have body side moldings as a factory option, since the aftermarket has them already. New standard wheels for all trim levels. New color(s), deletion of color(s).

I would like to see grill, headlight, taillight changes every 3 years, that would keep the vehicles more fresh.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
I predict ZERO significant changes until 2014. The 2011 will be exactly the same mechanically as the 2010. The one change I would hope to see is a new hard-drive based NAV like the one in the Lacrosse :thumb:

·
Registered
717 Posts
GM will kill another potential winner if the Enclave goes unchanged for 3 more MYs............the outside prob wont need alot of tweaking but an MCE on the interior is in order - its not as sexy as it was in '08 and by '14 they'll prob have to change the name of the replacement......

·
Registered
16 Posts
I will be trading before 2014, maybe even this year. Although my 2008 Enclave is a very nice vehicle, I don't want to put up with the engine-transmission combination on another vehicle. Sixth gear is pretty much useless in any kind of hills or windy conditions with constant shifting. I realize they did a "slight" increase in hp and torque in the 2009 and later models but I can't believe it could make much difference. I have driven other similar size SUV's as rental vehicles and find a much better user experience.

·
Registered
469 Posts
sdres said:
I will be trading before 2014, maybe even this year. Although my 2008 Enclave is a very nice vehicle, I don't want to put up with the engine-transmission combination on another vehicle. Sixth gear is pretty much useless in any kind of hills or windy conditions with constant shifting. I realize they did a "slight" increase in hp and torque in the 2009 and later models but I can't believe it could make much difference. I have driven other similar size SUV's as rental vehicles and find a much better user experience.
I believe the 09's and newer really don't have that problem anymore. I have driven through many hilly areas this last 1 1/2 years and I really don't see a lot of shifting. That is not to say it doesn't on some pretty good size hills (Eastern TN and Southern MO), but nothing that would not be expected. On one really long uphill this past summer, fully loaded and running 70 MPH, it did shift down to 4th gear to maintain 70 once. But, that was a hill that semi's trucks were doing 15 Mph in the far right hill lane.

RCH

·
Registered
5,041 Posts
sdres said:
It's not so much the increased power & torque - it's the revamping of the transmission & its software... I've driven my sisters '10 Enclave over hilly terrain & it has none of the constant up/down shifting I've experienced with my '08...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
8 Participants
wait4me
EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community
We’re a forum community dedicated to Buick Enclave SUV owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades, towing capacity, reliability, and more!
Full Forum Listing