EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

A/C button blinks 3 times

154K views 35 replies 13 participants last post by  rbarrios 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
I noticed today that when I pressed the A/C button with the auto control, it just blinked 3 times. The outside temp was 20F, so I don't know if that was the reason. I also noticed a similar issue with the recirculate button. I tried pressing it, and it just blinked 3 times and would not go on.

Any thoughts?

#29 ·
GoldEnclave said:
I am sorry to be the barer of bad news. :(
cfedor and goldenclave hit it on the head. Evap coil. $2k. Good news is that it is covered under some warranty that came with the car. Had no idea I had it. I spent last night preparing a missive I was going to fire off to GM looking for some relief on a $2k repair to a car less than 5 years old with less than 60k miles.

Anyway, thanks for the guidance. The contributors here are an invaluable resource.

#30 ·
KITT said:
cfedor and goldenclave hit it on the head. Evap coil. $2k. Good news is that it is covered under some warranty that came with the car. Had no idea I had it. I spent last night preparing a missive I was going to fire off to GM looking for some relief on a $2k repair to a car less than 5 years old with less than 60k miles.

Anyway, thanks for the guidance. The contributors here are an invaluable resource.
:happy: :( at the same time. Just wait a year, You might be in the same boat as I was and need the rear evap coil done.

#31 ·
cfedor said:
:happy: :( at the same time. Just wait a year, You might be in the same boat as I was and need the rear evap coil done.
Holy smokes! You needed rear evap later? Just curious if you think I should push to get both replaced? Would I have grounds to do so?

That's frigging ridiculous!!!!

#32 ·
KITT said:
Holy smokes! You needed rear evap later? Just curious if you think I should push to get both replaced? Would I have grounds to do so?

That's frigging ridiculous!!!!
You could ask them to check the rear coil for leaks, but if it passes the test there would be no grounds to replace it under warranty.

#34 ·
Sad to read about A/C evaporator coils needing to be replaced. Have a 2008 with 95K miles on it and A/c seems to be fine. I wonder if those that use AUTO MODE rather than MANUAL MODE have a higher rate of failure on these coils. I never use AUTO mode as it seems to run the compressor significantly more than manual mode. Not sure there is any correlation here or not. Comments?

#36 ·
ENCLAVEDUDE said:
I never use AUTO mode as it seems to run the compressor significantly more than manual mode. Not sure there is any correlation here or not. Comments?

Ive wondered the same thing...
I rarely use my AC.
It was 105 in my neck of the woods yesterday. No AC. As long as air is flowing- its good enough for me.
On the way home- I hit heavy traffic on the freeway- crawling along... I hit the instant update- temp showed up as 116.
Still no AC.

Though once home- I picked up mom--- I turned AC on for her....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.