EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I noticed yesterday that the A/C on my 2017 Buick Enclave wasn't cooling like it should. It's a dual climate control system and it is blowing cold air out of the two drivers side vents, and only slightly cool air out of the two passenger vents and the ceiling vents for the 2nd and 3rd row seating. When I turn the heat dial up on either Sync heating or single heating, it gets hot and when I turn it back it goes back to the slightly cool setting. Would this be the blend door actuator? How many blend door actuators are there on the dual climate control Enclaves? One on drivers side of the dash and one on the passenger side? Can anyone tell me exactly where they're located? How about part numbers?

Thanks for the help!!!

·
Registered
6,976 Posts
here you go.
2017- that still the gen 1 body?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, generation 1 body. I tried removing the hvac fuse from under the glove box, but it did not appear to reset the system. I turned on the key and set the system to auto, removed the fuse, put it back in and started the vehicle, and nothing happened. I have previously used this procedure on my 2004 and 2007 Rainier and it goes through the whole cycle. Is the procedure the same for the 2017 Enclave?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Has anyone run into this issue because of low freon? I just read that this can be one of the issues with dual climate systems so I'm wondering if this may be my problem as the temperature does change by adjusting the knob, it just doesn't get as cold on passenger side or in the rear.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Had the same issue when I had to disconnect my battery a couple years ago to replace the engine mount under the fuse block. It took a couple tries (my impatience more than anything) to recalibrate the actuator properly by following the procedure exactly as outlined in the post rbarrios shared above.

Maybe that’s not your issue, but it took me a couple tries for it to work and it has been fine ever since. Hoping it’s a cheap fix like it was for me. Good luck and I hope this helps.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Had the same issue when I had to disconnect my battery a couple years ago to replace the engine mount under the fuse block. It took a couple tries (my impatience more than anything) to recalibrate the actuator properly by following the procedure exactly as outlined in the post rbarrios shared above.

Maybe that’s not your issue, but it took me a couple tries for it to work and it has been fine ever since. Hoping it’s a cheap fix like it was for me. Good luck and I hope this helps.

Well, I thought that maybe the actuator got out of whack a little bit. I haven't done any repairs on the vehicle, so I'm not sure why it would be. I just thought I would try to recalibrate but when I put the fuse back in and hit the ignition, nothing happens. The display goes back to what it was set on before I set it to Auto to begin the recalibration process.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I did have this same EXACT issue when I had low freon. A charge did the trick. But only for 10 months. Now there is no cooling at all. I think I'm in for one of the dreaded expensive AC repairs!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think I'm in for one of the dreaded expensive AC repairs!
I was traveling when I first posted this about my Enclave, and I noticed as I was driving the 180 miles home on Tuesday, that the drivers side vents no longer felt as cold as they should. I had the fan blowing pretty much full blast and the temp as cold as it gets. It was only 74 degrees and it kept me comfortable, but at that outside temp, it should have froze us out. I did add freon when I got home, and it did seem to help, but I haven't driven it for a distance yet while it is hot out. I believe this was the problem and like you, feel there must be a leak in the system.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I feel I was lucky that it resolved the problem for 10 months at least! Now the problem has gotten much worse I'm sure and needs a real repair. Good luck, hopefully the AC recharge will hold you over for a while!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts