EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know other people on this forum have been waiting longer than I have for their vehicle, but I just need to get this off my chest.

I don't mind waiting for my Enclave. I placed my order thinking it would take 6-8 weeks for delivery (as my dealer stated), and I don't have a problem with that. However, when I read posts from others on this forum who have ordered theirs AFTER I have ordered mine, and they have received theirs before me upsets me tremendously.

I'm going on 10 weeks, and I STILL don't know if it has even been built yet. This is flat out ridiculous! The ordering system is extremely flawed. All GM is doing is discouraging people from ever going through this process again. I know I will NEVER subject myself to this kind of torture again. We live in an age where I can order a $5 product from China, track it online, and know when to expect delivery. Why can't I do the same for a $40k+ vehicle? WAKE UP!

If I wasn't so close to getting my vehicle, I would look elsewhere. This truck will not last me forever, and I can assure you that I will remember what I went through with GM and protect myself from this type of treatment in the future. This was my first new GM purchase, and it will be my last.

I don't want to hear anybody on here jump on my a$$ about posting negative stuff. I am disgusted and tired of playing this game. My cash is just as green as everyone else's. It makes me sick to know that I am giving my hard earned money to a company who doesn't seem to care about me at all! :confused:

I know I will love my Enclave when it finally does arrive, but I will NEVER forget the hassle I had to endure to get it. There will be many great vehicles available when my Enclave does finally die. When the day comes to purchase a new vehicle, I will feel no loyalty toward GM to purchase whatever they may offer at that time. Great job! :thumb:

·
Premium Member
1,997 Posts
NOLA Saints said:
We live in an age where I can order a $5 product from China, track it online, and know when to expect delivery.
And your dog will die, your kid will get lead poisoning then light up like a torch from the high levels of formaldahyde in their clothes.

:blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: Suck it up. Stop your whining. Get over it. ;)

R

·
0 Posts
axiama said:
And your dog will die, your kid will get lead poisoning then light up like a torch from the high levels of formaldahyde in their clothes.

:blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: Suck it up. Stop your whining. Get over it. ;)
:ditto:

thankyou for posting before me, because i wouldn't have been as nice as you :drunk:

·
Premium Member
1,997 Posts
I'm just messing with him cause it was too hard to resist. I'll feel bad for you in October, OK Nola?

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
HA! OK ... so I am whining a little bit. But I am very upset. I will suck it up and wait like everyone else. I think it's important to let whoever from GM may be reading this forum that this process has left me sour.

Also, I said I didn't want any crap from anyone about my post! Did you guys miss that part? ha.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Ouch. I have to agree with most of what you said here. My sister feels the way you do and says, "I'd just buy an Acadia, today! This is just too much BS from Buick!" Well, I can't say I haven't thought of it. But, I really want this Buick. And I think there are probably some foreign cars that I'd like. But I am loyal to domestic cars, GM in particular. I know I am half cRaZy, as most of us are here. I ranted for a while because of the wait, but then I decided if I chose to wait I'd better accept the wait. It ain't good for my blood pressure to hang on to the anger. And my car wouldn't get here any sooner.

I see, NOLA Saints, that you haven't even ordered items that are on constraint, which I did. And I can totally agree...YOU SHOULD HAVE YOUR CAR! 10 weeks is a **** of a wait! I sympathize with you, completely, but maybe a better tactic is to run around the block a couple times when you get to dwelling on not having your Enclave. As everyone is saying here (and I am trying to remember), "it's worth the wait~it's worth the wait~it's worth the wait"...arrrrrrrrrggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! Hang in there! It'll be here soon. [/color]

:cheers:

·
Registered
1,429 Posts

Suck it up. Stop your whining. Get over it.
Ewwwwww, you can be mean Axiama :angryfire:
I didn't know that about you until now. Thought you were a sweet, young working-mom. Remind me to always stay on your good side.[/color]
:angel:

·
Premium Member
1,997 Posts
Notice the ;). He can take it.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
noticed that, she removed it from your quote.
Oops, sorry guys but the smiley icons never copy over for me. Didn't mean to "remove" it and no, I didn't notice that Axiama, but I was just teasing you away... :notworthy:

·
Premium Member
1,997 Posts
NOLA Saints,

Sorry we stole your thread. Post a new one and I promise to behave. (I"m not making promises for Thunder, thougt.)

Axiama

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
Rosita2001 said:
Ewwwwww, you can be mean Axiama :angryfire:
I didn't know that about you until now. Thought you were a sweet, young working-mom. Remind me to always stay on your good side.[/color]
:angel:
Trust me. She can be down right nasty. She's kicked my hind end a couple of times now. :angel:

·
Premium Member
1,997 Posts
I only pick on people I like. :p

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
axiama said:
I only pick on people I like. :p
Darn it. You're

(inside joke) >:D

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
NOLA,

you have every right to be upset and this is definitly the place to post it because GM is getting the info from this forum for sure. There is so much unscrupulous crap going on behind these lambda's especially the enclave until it is unreal. these dealers are playing games w/consumers and trying to pad their a$$es and in the meantime they are making gm (buick) look very bad. i dont purchase american and this is my first one and i be dog-gone if this isn't the worst car buying experience i have ever had. i have never known a new car to be introduced and you couldnt even find one on a dealers lot to even look at. something is definitely wrong w/that picture. why is it that i can find more of these cars on the rental lots can i can find being personally owned by regular consumers?

i sure hope you can get yours soon NOLA.... i can't even get one on order for a decent price. they want me to put money down (nonrefundable), they give me a aproximate price and we complete the deal once the car comes.... they must really think i am a fool. either that or as i have posted before in other threads they are asking 1500. over the msrp....

·
Registered
222 Posts
I have to agree 100% with NOLA. This is my first GM Order to get a vehicle. It has been an absolute miserable process. I ordered the Dodge Durango the first year it was produced and it was the smoothest most efficent process for us and the Dodge arrived in no time.

I try to only buy American (last 3 cars have been), but I will definately shop around when the time comes. That said though my dealer has been great and I would do business with them again, but this whole ordering process blows. :banghead:

·
Registered
444 Posts
The customer has every right to be upset – I don’t think they mind the wait as much as the not knowing. I just hate reading stuff like this.

One this I can tell you is because of your posts GM and Buick is being made aware of these issue’s.

I am sorry for your inconvenience and please know that we do appreciate your business.

·
Premium Member
978 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
I feel your pain and frustration with GM. This is the first Buick I have ever considered driving. I placed my order on 5/10 and my dealer said the vehicle should be assembled sometime in September. I should also mention that I ordered a CXL AWD w/20" wheels and the dealer installed dual DVD's in the headrests which may account for some of the delay. I guess I do not mind waiting because I've driven two Enclaves and they are such a superior product to any domestic car I have tested to date. I'm trading in a Dodge Magnum R/T in on the Enclave and my only wish is that GM would offer a V8 as a choice to the V6.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Listen folks its a car not your whole life. The old saying "good things come to those who wait" is so appropriate. When the modern Honda Oddy came out in late 2000 there was more demand than supply and people waited and waited. People were paying MSRP+ with regularity. I blame the dealers and Buick for not informing people placing orders the wait time. But if you were reading this forum 11+ weeks ago you knew better that the wait would be 11-14 weeks possibly more . I found out about the long wait and ordered appropriately in Mid-June. I feel that people who really need a vehicle now are in a bind if they want an Enclave, keep in mind if you need to purchase a vehicle immediately i.e. car totaled your selection of cars could be limited.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts