EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This ABS problem started at 3000 miles,......when the car is turned and with mild brake application the ABS comes on and the brakes pedal thumps and feedback in the steering wheel and an audible sound.

Dealer states it was caused by aftermarket tires and wheels, we put the stock ones back on and the cars still has this happen.

Car was at the "Dealer" today for evaluation and dealer says the brakes are supposed to work like that ................dealer states the "stabili-track" slows each wheel to the same speed and that there is nothing wrong with the car.

This problem has happened w/o the brakes being touched.

What the ****...I think the dealer is full of beans....we have been fighting with them over this for 2 months.

Where can I get some help for this bs with the dealer???? will GM help me confirm this,

I have never heard of ABS/stabilitrack working like this.

thanks.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Did the traction control/Stabilitrak light come on? They both use the ABS module to regulate each wheel to gain traction and to keep the car from skidding. Also, it could be just ABS trying to keep a wheel from locking up when turning as well. What were the road conditions like when it first happened?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Am I the only Enclave owner in the Country that has had a problem with the ABS system coming on when the brakes haven't been touched?????

Roads were dry...............

Also happens at slower speeds when brakes are applied.........not when first moving , this is after miles of driving.............

Anybody else having this problem?????

chicomed

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
chicomed said:
Am I the only Enclave owner in the Country that has had a problem with the ABS system coming on when the brakes haven't been touched?????

Roads were dry...............

Also happens at slower speeds when brakes are applied.........not when first moving , this is after miles of driving.............

Anybody else having this problem?????

chicomed
No problems here. It would seem as though you ought to try another dealer. This may just be a case of a bad wheel speed sensor thinking a wheel is locking up thus activating the ABS.

Can your dealer duplicate the problem?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts