EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I have brought my 2018 Enclave to the dealer numerous times since purchasing Dec 2018.
About 3 months after purchase (very low mileage maybe 2k) the vehicle was making a racket according to the technician a piece of cardboard was in my AC system - cardboard was removed and all was good.
until our weather warmed up and I noticed the hissing and warm air blowing.
Stop 馃洃 for any reason with engine running - you鈥檒l notice the car not cooling. Shortly after you begin driving you will hear a hissing sound and wait for it a lovely blast of warm air.
According to techs - AC system is working fine and this is normal. Help - is this normal. The vehicle is unbearable in our summer weather.

Registered
It's not normal. Take it to another dealer (does not have to be Buick; our local Chevy dealer does better service -- and out of warranty for MUCH cheaper labor -- than the local Buick dealer). It should cool fine at a stop, as it uses electric fans to move air through the condenser.

A hiss makes me think it is a little low on refrigerant, but that's just a guess.

Registered
Sounds like a sticky blower motor that turns occasionally, only noticeable during a stop. I fixed one a few years back where I found the blower motor shaft was sticky, a few drips of light sewing machine oil did the trick, and it is still working.

Registered
Hopefully not a leaky evaporator. That's a $2k job to repair but your symptoms match. That could be why the dealer does not want to deal with it. Get it fixed while still under warranty.

Registered
2018 would still be under warranty.

Registered
I had this hiss on my 2009 Enclave after I owned it for only 2 years and 13,000 miles. It was my front evaporator that was leaking. The first dealer kept saying everything is fine, but it wasn't. All you have to do is find where the evaporator hose comes out of the dash into the engine compartment. One of them should be ice cold with condensation, and if not, you've got a leak. On the older 2009 Enclave this hose was on the driver's side and went from the evaporator to the compressor.

The reason the dealership is trying to say everything is fine is because GM warranty pays a flat rate for this, and more than likely it will take the tech a lot longer. He will lose money, so he doesn't want to fix it.

If you're out of warranty I bet they would jump at fixing it because they would be compensated better. Note that to do this job your entire dashboard and steering column would need to be removed. And you hope the tech won't take any "short cuts."

1 - 6 of 6 Posts