EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2010 Enclave, ~160k miles. We had a bunch of warranty work done on the AC years ago. It's worked flawless since...until we were pulling out of a car dealership looking at new cars and thinking of trading the Enclave :)
Turns out it was a hose on right side behind the tire. It connects from the compressor (I believe) to the condenser. Two hoses are shown in the image - failed one is probably the top.

I am told these connections should not be made using hose clamps. Not only that, these hose clamps are tiny and wimpy. I'm surprised they held so long. One of them I took off would not function (turned but did not worm the hose loose).

New part is $700 per mechanic. I suppose the part includes more than just a rubber hose. Not fixing it. Trading it in, so this is likely my last Enclave post.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Those hoses pictured are the Power Steering hoses, the metal tubes run in front are the power steering cooler. The Discharge line for the AC (Compressor to condenser) is higher above this. I know, I just replaced mine last night.
AC lines are crimped, never clamped. The line itself is not expensive, just make sure you get the right version if getting from UAC brand. Second version, not first. (Rock auto is about $15)
To change the line, the front bumper will have to come off, or at minimum, be pulled forward, and the bumper support removed to get at the bolt to the condenser holding in the discharge line. And the sensor will need to be switched over. For the line itself, 2 10mm bolts and a pigtail to undo, not terrible. Getting to the bolts... different story.
My rubber hose blew as well, threw oil everywhere.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Are those OEM? Generally speaking, GM does not use worm clamps.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Are those OEM? Generally speaking, GM does not use worm clamps.
Mine has the same clamps, they are factory. But as I mentioned before, they are power steering cooler lines.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts