EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I inherited grandma's 2011 Buick Enclave. Prior years I always felt that the vehicle was always hot and she would say "it's a big vehicle and alot of glass, AC is on dear".
After getting the car about 6 months ago, my first time driving it in years, zero cold air blowing. I took it to a shop, paid their 150$ diagnostic fee (dye), they charged the system, said it was low, additional 200$ for that. Returned 2 weeks later as instructed, they said no leak detected. AC worked.
Fast forward 4 months, slight cold snap, literally switched to heat for 2 days..day 3 Florida weather resurfaced, attempted to turn the AC on...and AC button blinks 3 times. While driving 1st attempted to hold the recirculation and AC button to "reset" it. Temp on dash switched from 85 to 86 degrees. Button still flashing. Blowing fan only, rear AC not blowing cold either.
Now moving to this morning, Brother in law came over to charge it for me (his idea, thinking leak is somewhere) he puts the gauge on the low end and it won't read anything. He says "it should read something, I don't even hear the compressor coming on". I then explain to him the 3 flash light and inform him that I feel it went out suddenly and feel like it's not getting the memo that we want AC. He humors me and I went to this forum to try and reset the system. He checked the front HVAC fuse under the hood, we then moved to the fuse box at the passenger floorboard area. He got under there, comically positioned, pulled the 15A fuse. We waited a minute. He put it back in. We waited a minute. Started the car, turned off the AC immediately. The temperature on the dash said 55 degrees!!! Tried turning on the AC and still have a blinking light (3 times). I did the recirculation and AC button and the dash switched to 86/85 and kept switching between the 2 numbers. This is more accurate than the crazy 55 degree it said when inputting the fuse.
So I thanked him for attempting the "simple recharge" he thought and he left. Lol I told him to just leave everything as is (panel off to the fuse box inside the car).
5'1 105lb lady here that can't take this heat much longer! Determined to fix this today (or Monday if I need to order a part lol) I figured I'd start here hoping for some direction before I watch multiple YouTube videos and read massive amounts of threads. (I've already read many before creating this acct and asking for help) If we had cold weather in the near future I would just suffer through it, however mother nature is trying to skip our Florida winter it appears!! Breaking weather records down here 馃サ
Please help! Fairly handy lady here. What's wrong with the darn AC???
Car has 101K miles

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for replying. Unfortunately the temp resets from (just now) 85 degrees to 87 degrees. I thought if there is a leak the ac won't be a cold. I went from ice cold AC used heat for 2 days, now AC button blinks 3 times.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts