EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I have been having good luck so far getting responses from the contact I came across regarding the status of the 2-way advanced remote (http://www.enclaveforum.net/index.php?topic=1369.0), I thought I might use the opportuntiy to provide GM with more great ideas forum members might have about other types of accessories they would like to see made available.

Ideally I like to do a poll if possible, but if we get some items to start a list I think that would be better. :cheers:

G

·
Great Idea!

I have these four items on my Enclave wish list. I plan on buying one spring of 2008.

1. Built in Bluetooth

2. IPOD direct connect (I believe GM is working on a "PAL" like thing) Just want to control my IPOD through the GM stereo controls.

3. Second row center console

4. Also would like XM-Navtraffic & or Sirus Travel Link see the product info in the links below

http://www.xmradio.com/navtraffic/get_nav.xmc

http://investor.sirius.com/ReleaseDetail.cfm?ReleaseID=275665

The only other item I am going to want to add is the headrest DVD units and I beleive GM does that already, if you special order.

Happy Holidays Everyone!

·
Registered
120 Posts
A feature that would make all of the snow fall off so I never have to use a brush.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have always liked the idea of a smart key fob that unlocks the door as you approach and then you just hit the start button. Very cool on the Lexus'.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Black47 said:
I have always liked the idea of a smart key fob that unlocks the door as you approach and then you just hit the start button. Very cool on the Lexus'.
That is something I DO NOT want. I surf. I need to leave the fob in the car. If the fob were close, such as when my stuff is in the back, someone could steal the car even though I have the key with me in the water.

I also know couples where one gets stranded because one was driving and then gets dropped off somewhere while the spouse drives away ... and the fob is still in the "wrong" pants. The car drives for a while and stops.

I personally think keyless start is a bad idea. I would not want it at all on my car.

·
Registered
333 Posts
As far as XM traffic...I went on a longish drive yesterday through Philly, Baltimore and Washington areas. Although we have Navtraffic in our Infiniti, simply listening to the traffic on 212/213/214 for a few minutes before entering the metro areas was very useable and accurate.

BTW, I saw my 2nd Enclave on the road ever on Kent Island, MD at about 6ish yesterday. I think it was silver but it was hard to tell at night in the snow. I pulled up alongside and honked the horn, the very proper and attractive lady driving it must have thought I was a stalker with road rage and kept her eyes forward...anyone here??

·
Registered
333 Posts
rwagoner said:
That is something I DO NOT want. I surf. I need to leave the fob in the car. If the fob were close, such as when my stuff is in the back, someone could steal the car even though I have the key with me in the water.

I also know couples where one gets stranded because one was driving and then gets dropped off somewhere while the spouse drives away ... and the fob is still in the "wrong" pants. The car drives for a while and stops.

I personally think keyless start is a bad idea. I would not want it at all on my car.
There are ways around leaving the FOB in the car..in the Infinity the trunk can be locked with the FOB in it and the glove compartment locked with the key after setting the autotrunk function off. You are the oddity as far as surfing and not having your key with you I think.

I have heard about the leaving the FOB behind but manufacturers are fixing that issue. If I start the car then run in the house and change jackets leaving the FOB behind, the car has a huge message display that says "NO KEY" and, I believe an aural warning as well if I try to drive away.

I personally love it now, as does my my wife...her FOB stays in her purse always now.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Here's my wish list of options for my Enclave:

1. Cloaking device (invisibility)

2. Roof-mounted laser cannon with aiming through the GPS screen

3. Puncture-proof/run-flat tires

4. Passenger ejector seat (007 model)

5. Double rear axle with split rims (total 10 tires)

6. Voice-activated slide-out seats that extend out of the car body for easy passenger loading, then retract into place

7. Front "cow-catcher" to push pesky pedestrians out of the crosswalk

8. Running boards

9. "Mr Softee" plastic ice cream cone, interior-lit, roof-mount, and third-row soft ice cream dispenser.

I'll add more as I think of them.

Big Ridiculous Larry
[/color] :beer:

·
Registered
80 Posts
nickyd said:
A feature that would make all of the snow fall off so I never have to use a brush.
Almost seems possible if manufacturers used the technology from heated ceramic tiles. Install the heated cable between the exo-skeleton and the outer sheetmetal. Run the electrical to controls in the cabin and let it tie in to the Remote Start. :thumb:

I'm sure there are many things that this completely overlooks which makes it near impossible to do, but sounds good doesn't it? ;D

·
Registered
405 Posts
rwagoner said:
...I also know couples where one gets stranded because one was driving and then gets dropped off somewhere while the spouse drives away ... and the fob is still in the "wrong" pants. The car drives for a while and stops...
Hubby made it home (2.5 miles!) after key was left with my son (teen permit driver) at a friends house. He called me in a panic thinking his Dad would be stranded somewhere just as I heard him pulling into the driveway. Nissan Altima (kids LOVE the feature!)

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
How about a button on the drivers side of the steering wheel in a hidden location that would put my SO in the mood so I could post on my favorite site SITBS!!![/color]

·
Premium Member
7,065 Posts
bsox said:
How about a button on the drivers side of the steering wheel in a hidden location that would put my SO in the mood so I could post on my favorite site SITBS!!![/color]
???

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
MRBUICK said:
Jeez Mr. Moderator Buick, how could you forget the sex in the back seat thread i.e. SITBS

·
Premium Member
7,065 Posts
Senior moment ::)

·
Premium Member
1,997 Posts
nickyd said:
There is a fix for this. It's called moving closer to the Equator. :thumb:

·
Registered
389 Posts
lewisr said:
Am I doing something wrong? My key FOB is on my key ring.
And if your key ring is in your pocket and you loan the car to someone else while your keyless ignition car is started, then the person you loaned the car to will get stuck with no way to start the car.

In spite of the arguments, I think keyless driving is stupid.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Seriously,

I would like to know what the status on the GM Personal Audio Link. Also, did I read someplace that GM was going to have a Bluetooth module for these vehicles or am I just dreaming?

·
Registered
23 Posts
I was told by one dealer that something (?) was going to be available from GM for Bluetooth, but I think they were blowing smoke up my a$$. I did hear, however, that the LCD key fob is now available to order.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts