EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone got a question on my 2013 enclave.
so my water pump or so I figured it was went out on me about a month ago.
just two days ago I got stuck on a very high bridge due to an accident.
while stopping and going on incline and heavy heavy traffic I notice upon almost reaching top that my temp gauge was increasing. Of course this concerned me because I just fixed the water pump and not to mention I’m sitting in 3 lanes of stopped traffic with no where to go. I finally get up over the top on the climb down still in traffic and notice my gauge getting up around 250.I then notice my gas range on my dash is fluctuating terrible . It would go from 131 to127 to 136 to 109 to 113 to you get my drift here. This concerned me so I put it in neutral to coast and the temp gauge went down to 210 then up then down again. Everything else was fine. I do have a check engine light on and it reads that my camshaft sensor bank 1 A is faulty and it says B open bank camshaft sensor also so 2 camshaft sensors which I replaced one when I replaced the water pump but it’s saying their are two now. I don’t know what else could be wrong here.Yesterday the car ran fine no issues, today however, my temp gauge fluctuated once again up and down. Coolant levels fine, fans working. If anyone has ideas I’d love to hear them. Like to fix my Buick. :) thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2015 Enclave Leather.
802 Posts
Who replaced the water pump? Whoever did the work, MAY have left a bad connection somewhere. Check everything which may have been disturbed when the work was done and make sure all electrical connections are secure.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Who replaced the water pump? Whoever did the work, MAY have left a bad connection somewhere. Check everything which may have been disturbed when the work was done and make sure all electrical connections are secure.
Thank you for the reply. I bought the part at auto zone and my brother fixed it for me. So assuming the connections are good what would be the alternative to this if it’s not connections related do you think?

·
Super Moderator
659 Posts
I wouldn't be too concerned over the estimated range fluctuating when you're stuck in traffic. It's making a best guess based on your recent MPG's and when you're stuck idling you're basically getting zero MPG so that's going to cause it to change drastically. Assuming the actually fuel gauge wasn't fluctuating as well I think you can discount the estimated range changes as functioning as intended.

Overheating is bad though, especially after just having the water pump replaced. I know you said the coolant level is fine but are you just looking at the overflow tank or the actual radiator? When it's cool I'd pull the plastic cover over the radiator and take off the radiator cap to see if the radiator is full. I'm wondering if your brother didn't get all the air out of the system when he changed the pump.

Also, what made you change the pump in the first place? Was it leaking or did you change it because this overheating issue had been going on before the change and someone assumed it was a bad pump?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I wouldn't be too concerned over the estimated range fluctuating when you're stuck in traffic. It's making a best guess based on your recent MPG's and when you're stuck idling you're basically getting zero MPG so that's going to cause it to change drastically. Assuming the actually fuel gauge wasn't fluctuating as well I think you can discount the estimated range changes as functioning as intended.

Overheating is bad though, especially after just having the water pump replaced. I know you said the coolant level is fine but are you just looking at the overflow tank or the actual radiator? When it's cool I'd pull the plastic cover over the radiator and take off the radiator cap to see if the radiator is full. I'm wondering if your brother didn't get all the air out of the system when he changed the pump.

Also, what made you change the pump in the first place? Was it leaking or did you change it because this overheating issue had been going on before the change and someone assumed it was a bad pump?
Hi so I changed the water pump because the car had overheated and got extremely hot while sitting in a parking space and fluid was all over the ground and antifreeze all over the engine compartment so we came to conclusions it was the water pump.
the overheating and fluctuating of gas range was happening at the same exact time on the bridge. Never had the gas fluctuations happened before.
so now my car is getting above the normal 210 after driving a little almost on a daily basis now.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi so I changed the water pump because the car had overheated and got extremely hot while sitting in a parking space and fluid was all over the ground and antifreeze all over the engine compartment so we came to conclusions it was the water pump.
the overheating and fluctuating of gas range was happening at the same exact time on the bridge. Never had the gas fluctuations happened before.
so now my car is getting above the normal 210 after driving a little almost on a daily basis now.
I also yes checked the fluid in both places and overflow little empty and actual anti freeze full.
He did let all air out because he had to double check that actually and make sure he did it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey everyone got a question on my 2013 enclave.
so my water pump or so I figured it was went out on me about a month ago.
just two days ago I got stuck on a very high bridge due to an accident.
while stopping and going on incline and heavy heavy traffic I notice upon almost reaching top that my temp gauge was increasing. Of course this concerned me because I just fixed the water pump and not to mention I’m sitting in 3 lanes of stopped traffic with no where to go. I finally get up over the top on the climb down still in traffic and notice my gauge getting up around 250.I then notice my gas range on my dash is fluctuating terrible . It would go from 131 to127 to 136 to 109 to 113 to you get my drift here. This concerned me so I put it in neutral to coast and the temp gauge went down to 210 then up then down again. Everything else was fine. I do have a check engine light on and it reads that my camshaft sensor bank 1 A is faulty and it says B open bank camshaft sensor also so 2 camshaft sensors which I replaced one when I replaced the water pump but it’s saying their are two now. I don’t know what else could be wrong here.Yesterday the car ran fine no issues, today however, my temp gauge fluctuated once again up and down. Coolant levels fine, fans working. If anyone has ideas I’d love to hear them. Like to fix my Buick. :) thanks in advance.
Check the grounds.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts