EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Enclave Avenir White Frost
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently, I was able to drive our 2021 Enclave Avenir on a lengthy trip and gave the option of Adaptive Cruise Control a true test. There were numerous times it was set at 70 MPH and as I approached several small towns with traffic signals, the vehicle was brought to a full stop using the ACC. Here is my concern and the reason for this post ~
When the vehicle is braking (and sometimes somewhat aggressively), is anyone aware of whether the brake lights are functioning to warn the vehicles behind you? Without any family member or acquaintance following to ascertain the answer, I have no idea. Just a concern. If no brake lights come on, I believe Buick should be made aware of this shortcoming, IMO, and the change should be implemented.

JCEJr

·
Registered
386 Posts
Yes the brake light work when ACC is slowing you down same as if you applied the brakes your self. Federal law says that you must have working brake lights so MFR's must comply.

·
Registered
2021 Enclave Premium AWD Dark Slate Metallic
202 Posts
I for one did not buy the Avenir because of the ACC. I won’t have it. Our 14 Lacrosse premium has it and I don’t like it at all. I don’t need nanny features to drive for me.

·
Registered
202 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes the brake light work when ACC is slowing you down same as if you applied the brakes your self. Federal law says that you must have working brake lights so MFR's must comply.
Redvett

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the reply, redvett. That makes perfect sense that the brake lights should come on when the vehicle is slowing, as you said. I have a C5 as well, a 2003 Electron Blue coupe, with 18,600 on the odometer ~ my "garage queen".

JCEJr

·
Super Moderator
354 Posts
I've been using ACC since 2011 when I bought a Grand Cherokee. I use it in almost all highway driving and like it so much that I wouldn't be without it. The only thing I'm not fond of is that the Enclave sometimes waits too long to brake when approaching slower or stopped traffic and that causes it to lurch somewhat uncomfortably. I never had that issue with the Jeep.

It's surprising that the Lacrosse doesn't have the standard CC option.

·
Registered
202 Posts
You said you didn't buy an Avenir because it has ACC, which can be turned off, so your Lacrosse example is irrelevant.
Sorry my comment bothered you so much. When I heard that the Enclave had the ACC I didn’t want it, if you can turn it off or not. I’ll leave it to you to enjoy.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Sorry my comment bothered you so much. When I heard that the Enclave had the ACC I didn’t want it, if you can turn it off or not. I’ll leave it to you to enjoy.
It doesn't bother me, it's just that your point doesn't make sense. Why would you disregard a vehicle based on a feature which you don't have to use? That's like saying you would never own a vehicle with a radio because you don't like listening to music. Fine, then don't use the radio.

Same with ACC. If you don't like it, fine, don't use it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts