EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Under normal driving conditions, the adaptive cruise works pretty well. But if the traffic ahead slows quickly the system takes too long to react, causing the vehicle to lurch. This is particularly true in the closest and medium following distance settings. I'm pretty sure the dealer will say there is no adjustment for it.

Has anyone else experienced this?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Well, I have used mine for several thousand road miles in the last few months and I don’t really have any complaints. I have my settings on medium. Now, my wife and other family driving it , dislike the feature and turn it off. Just today, I was on a narrow two lane road with cruise set on 68 and a car in front of me stopped in the road to turn right into a driveway. I decided to see what the cruise would do. It slowed, then stopped, after the car cleared the road, my car returned to 68 mph in a very normal manner.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the reply. Most of the time mine works fine on medium at slower speeds, but at hwy speed we get rocked forward if traffic slows quickly. I sometimes hit the brake because it feels like it won’t stop in time to prevent a collision, even though it always does.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
2 Participants
Alvenir
EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community
We’re a forum community dedicated to Buick Enclave SUV owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades, towing capacity, reliability, and more!
Full Forum Listing