EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My understanding is that by the end of next week, dealers will be informed of an increased number of allocations (again, based on past sales history and dealer size). My order was entered into the VOMS and I am going to be checking with my dealer end of next week to see if my order has moved from its current 1100 code -- I've been told that this is highly likely, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed because this would mean a late October delivery.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
When did you order your Enclave? You said you are hoping for a late October delivery. I ordered mine on August 1st and was hoping for an October 1st delivery, or around there. It sounds like everyone here is waiting a way longer period of time. The dealership told me they had one allocation for the luxury package and it was mine. Don't know how true that is, but I am hoping. Has ANYONE actually gotten their Enclave 6 to 8 weeks after ordering?

Good grief, I don't know why we need to bring this kind of stress on ourselves! :banghead:

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wrote up the paperwork @ the dealer on 7/27. Didn't get a call from the salesman (I had worked out the details of price, etc directly with the owner) until Tuesday, 7/31 when he told me that the order was entered into VOMS and was status code 1100. It was that day, 7/31 when I talked to the owner again and he said there were 5 other orders ahead of mine, meaning they were also waiting for allocation slots. We'll see if they get add'l slots this week (as I've heard that may happen) -- if so, then my order should be at 2000, accepted by GM (dealer used an allocation slot) and ultimately on its way to production. Even then if it happens, I was told not to count on less than 12 weeks.

Maybe they're being very conservative, setting my expectations low and hoping/thinking that if it arrives in 8 weeks or 10 weeks, I'll be that much happier (yes, I would be).

I'm just prepared to wait. I do wish I knew when the 2009 model will come out -- has anyone heard? I'm fairly certain there will be several enhancements and options that I'd like.

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
desgnconcpts said:
I do wish I knew when the 2009 model will come out -- has anyone heard?
No, but I suspect it will be just like the Acadia this year. They will probably start building the 2009's in late July next year, which means they should start showing up this time next year.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Rosita2001 said:
Has ANYONE actually gotten their Enclave 6 to 8 weeks after ordering?
I got mine 6 1/2 weeks after ordering. Sorry to everyone who is waiting...I hope you get 'em soon!

·
Premium Member
7,065 Posts
There seems to be no consistency with delivery times 6-1/2 weeks- -GREAT!!
ticner is waiting since 4-23
Could it be a CX/CXL issue, lux pkg, or combination of options??

·
Registered
172 Posts
MRBUICK said:
There seems to be no consistency with delivery times 6-1/2 weeks- -GREAT!!
ticner is waiting since 4-23
Could it be a CX/CXL issue, lux pkg, or combination of options??
Has to be a combination of dealer allotments, CX vs CXL and good ole GM. Even if my dealer was only allotted 1 per month, they should have had one by now. Since mine is a CX, my $35000 vehicle, probably isn't as important as a $40000 + CXL to the GM bottom line. The CXL's seem to be what's getting delivered, can't remember 1 CX that was ordered after 5/1 that has been built and delivered. Maybe somebody can correct me on that. At least, mine isn't the oldest order yet, (see jeanb1, 4/9). If there is a older one, nobody has come forward to declare it.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
:'( :mad: :angryfire:
I don't know what to think -- or what to do at the moment.
I just got a call back from the salesman -- here I was thinking that my order (July 27) might have moved forward because I had heard there were more dealer allocations scheduled for this week -- only to find out that not only am I at the same 1100 status code . . .

BUT MY PRIORITY CODE WAS DOWNGRADED FROM 2 to 3

AFAIK, this only happens at the dealer level. GM does not change priority coding in VOMS, this is all controlled by the dealer. And this makes me highly suspicious of what's really going on. The owner told me he did this by date -- and yet 2 weeks after I place my order with him, I get a lower priority!!!!

Right now I am so pissed off I can barely see straight. I am thinking of calling some other dealers to ask them about their allocation. But my concern is, just like now, how can the average person know they're being told the truth?

This crap has got to stop -- and the only ones that can stop it are GM/Buick. They have to put an end to this or it will forever damage their relationship with potential customers.
ARE YOU GM GUYS LISTENING AT ALL???
PM and I'll certainly be happy to give you my order number and the details.
If you want to lose a customer forever, you're certainly well on your way to getting there.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Boy, this sure makes me uneasy. I did speak with my dealer and he said that my order is still in front and and he has already received another allocation behind my order. They are a smaller dealer, but have moved 1 Enclave already with 1 still on the lot. I am at code 2051, but I up'ed the Ent Pkg from #1 to #4, so it might just be reflecting that change. (2050 is a order change I was at 1100 prior).

Talk about a range of emotions.... :) :'( ??? :banghead: :-[

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Muljo -- when did you put your order in? And when did it actually go into VOMS?

I'm thinking you're in pretty good shape. Not only am I still at 1100 (prelim order) but have moved further down the food chain BACKWARDS.

I just know these SOB's have moved me back because my order went in at Supplier pricing , it's pure, unadulterated :bs: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

I was told about the priority change right after the salesman said they had gotten a "low end" CX in yesterday -- that was "unspoken" for (not sold already) -- "the wheels weren't on the ground even 30 minutes before it was already sold." At a premium price no less.

I have tried to reach the owner but he was in a meeting. I can't wait to hear the explanation for the downgrade in priority, I'm sure it will be great. This is making me sick :ack: :puke:

·
Registered
222 Posts
We placed our order on July 6th. It was at 1100 with a P1 status after 1 week. Been the same up until we modified the order on July 27th. Checking on this past Monday it was at 2051. The dealer told me he put it in as a sold order, billed to us with our address.

So I guess I will remain hopeful.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well,
I did talk to the owner. This alarm kept going off while we spoke: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs:
I guess he never heard it ;D
It was just like this :deadhorse: I never really got anywhere.

According to him:
He never got any additional allocations this week, nor seemed to know about any.
He said the priority (moving down to 3 from last week's 2) didn't matter at all (I don't believe this at all)
He also told me that I was still 4 or 5 behind the 1st in line to get picked up (which to me, means that he's taken other orders and put them ahead of me, though he claims it's all by date)

The end result-- don't expect my order to get picked up for another 4 weeks (so, does he get only 1 allocation a week? and is this a lot or a little?) -- September timeframe, then a build 12 weeks from then. Oh yippee, maybe I'll have it in time to celebrate the horrible midwest winter. :help: I'm going to take up :beer: as I :banghead: repeatedly.

·
Registered
214 Posts
After several phone calls, visits and emails, my small local dealer informed me today that their next allocation won't be until September. It is supposed to be mine---but who knows. They have only received two Enclaves thus far. Both were their early dealer orders and sold in a couple of days.
I've tried to locate similar vehicles in three states, but if it is on the lot the dealers want MSRP. My dealer is across the river in another state, so I will pay my residence county sales tax, saving approx $800. They do not participate in the advertising program, saving approx $800. And are selling it to me for $500 over invoice (KBB/Edmonds).
I guess I will just wait for my order.

Wayne

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have some very disheartening news --

This morning I talked with the Gen'l Mgr of the #1 retail store in the Chicago area. We had a very pleasant (but unsettling) conversation about orders -- this was one guy who was willing to play it straight and "tell it like it is." He said they've sold and delivered more Enclaves (maybe 30 or so) than the next 4 dealers combined. The reason I called was that Buick's locator showed these guys had more in-stock than anyone else. Of what was shown as on-hand, they were all sold except 1 (5 in stock, 4 already sold and they had not even arrived at the dealer yet).

When I asked about ordering, he immediately told me "4 months." No hesitation, no hemming & hawing -- just a clear, concise answer that led me to believe I got the truth. He said that he would not take any more orders today because he knows he will not be able to fill them before the end of this year! He said that any dealer that takes an order now and tells you 8, 10, 12 weeks is blowing smoke up our collective :bootyshake: -- and he said he would be very suspect of any orders (at least in the Chicago area) that have been written by any dealer around here since the the beginning of August.

He mentioned a few Enclaves being shipped (on order) and to be delivered in about 8 weeks -- but said that they would not/could not take a chance of having those orders being kicked back out because a customer (me) wanted some specific options -- he knows they would sell the vehicle anyway "as-is" equipped and would not risk not having the order drop back out of the accepted to be built pool. He also said they customers are coming in and simply buying whatever they have, not seeming to care about colors or options!

So, I'm back to being very disgusted with this whole situation and really don't know what I'm going to do -- take a chance I'll have the Enclave by year's end? Lease a 2008 Q7 now? :help: :help:

·
Registered
96 Posts
Hmmm, been reading your posts with some interest, and appreciate your advice desingconcepts. I am not sure what to do at this point either. I just can't see leasing at 9% when back in May/June the rate was 7%.. the difference adds up to about $50 per month.. just seems crazy to agree to that. My current lease ends at the end of this year and I was even considering driving a rental car for a couple months if the prices of the Enclave became more reasonable but based on what I'm hearing it sounds like this shortage of Enclaves is not going away.. I understand now why my dealer was unwilling to negotiate though, still don't understand how so many people on this board are paying less than invoice (do you all work for GM? How are you all getting supplier pricing??) Anyway.. I am starting to think I may in the long run be better off just getting a different car based on this ridiculous backlog and bad leasing situation. ARE YOU LISTENING GM??? YOU ARE ABOUT TO LOSE A GM CUSTOMER! Maybe I will give that Audi a look, I always assumed it would be way too pricey but maybe compared to trying to get an Enclave right now it won't be... The whole thing is very depressing. I joined this board in May and was sure I would have an Enclave by the end of this year. Now I am somewhat amazed to realize that it may not be an option.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
jackiemd,
My most recent conversation with the GM of arguably the largest Buick dealer in Chicago shed more light on this. He seemed to think in 6 months that the situation will be much more "typical" and expected to have an inventory of Enclaves at that time -- and also expected other dealers to have the same. And be able to do dealer trades like they do now if your color/option combo is on someone else's lot and you would rather buy/lease at a particular dealer.

I wouldn't expect the lease rate to come down -- not for an in-demand vehicle -- and you have to look at what else is going on. The jumbo mortgage/credit market has tumbled, the Fed has "injected" a lot of money into the financial system. Rates for other leases are definitely better because the mfg is subsidizing the lease through the better rate (and sometimes also the residual value). As far as Supplier, we should set up a poll to find out how many folks actually OWN or LEASE an Enclave -- and then of those, how many paid Supplier or near-invoice pricing. I suspect most of us on this forum are Enclave wanna-be owners and we're all sharing our knowledge and war stories.

Check out the Q7 -- if you don't have to contend with sales tax @ full vehicle value (as we do in IL), it may be a great value -- I'd only do a 36 mo lease and I'd opt for the AudiCare maintenance package as it pays for itself. Increases your RV 1% and you have all your reg maintenance intervals covered (though it does NOT cover wear items, like brakes, etc as does BMW).

I'm still holding out hope for my order that was written 7/27 -- maybe that's just a pipe dream.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I had a conversation with my dealer today (actually stopped by and met him for the first time) Anyways we started talking about the build times and I mentioned how some of my forum friends have been waiting since April for their Enclave. I mentioned the GM Supplier discount and he said, "Oh, that's why. Supplier orders tend to go to the bottom of the pile." I guess if you work or are affiliated with GM they expect that you will wait and process customer orders first as the supplier discount is considered a GM emplooyee. He said that the way around it is to place the order as a regular customer sold order and then once it came in you can apply the Supplier pricing (at least that is what he would do).

For those waiting over 8 weeks I am wondering if your orders were placed with the Supplier Discount?

Although it does not help me as we are in as a paid customer order, but we are only at the 5 week mark.

Also, for what it is worth, he also said they do not typically take the conquest cash with the Supplier Discount as it puts you in the catagory of GM employees and as an employee you are already expected to be driving a GM vehicle.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
muljo said:
"Oh, that's why. Supplier orders tend to go to the bottom of the pile."
Naaah, he was blowing smoke somewhere like this :bootyshake:
Everyone I've talked with, including folks within the GM world have said this matters not a hoot -- not to GM at least -- but it does matter to the dealer. If he/they can squeeze you for MSRP, I guess they will.

What was it that W.C. Fields said -- "there's a sucker born every minute." ;) That's my opinion of those folks ponying up MSRP for an Enclave. There are very few vehicles that are worth sticker or above -- this does not qualify as one.

If the orders go to the bottom of the pile -- once again, it's the dealer shuffling the order to the bottom of the pile -- and hence, my comment again that it is the dealer network that will be the cause of much grief and heartache for GM as this whole mess muddles forward. I am all for free enterprise but I say it's time for GM and Buick to crack the whip on their dealer network.

Does anyone remember the whole Saturn Sky and Pontiac Soltice introduction? Saturn dealers were doing the same thing that Buick dealers are doing now. Here's an old article that I found on Left Lane News -- Jill Lajdziak "banned" its dealers from this kind of practice. Since this car was not on my radar screen, I wonder how effective they were in policing it? This is exactly what I expect will happen, in some form with Buick and its dealer network.

General Motors has "banned" its Saturn dealers from placing markups on the 2007 Saturn Sky Redline, according to Saturn General Manager Jill Lajdziak. In an interview published today, Lajdziak said charging a premium doesn't fit with Saturn's friendly image. While Lajdziak didn't use the word "ban" in any of the quotes provided, that was the terminology used by Edmunds, who interviewed her. Lately, markups on the Saturn Sky and Pontiac Solstice have been getting a little out of hand, with Pontiac dealers charging as much as $5,000 over MSRP, and Saturn dealers charging as much as $3,000 over the $23,690 base price. Interestingly, the Sky Redline is rumored to cost just $3,000 over the base model. So will dealers end up selling the Redline for as much as some were selling the base model for?

·
Registered
222 Posts
I guess the old adage "Baffle them with :bs:' sothat they can not figure out how the whole process works holds true..

Although I have to say that he has been pretty straight with me so far. I have our Enclave at $500 over Invoice and gives me updates and order codes without issues.

After seeing a Red Jewel Acadia on their lot today to see the color we want and the Gold Mist Enclave there as well I think that it will be worth the wait. Gosh what a Beautiful Car!!! :blob:

·
Registered
313 Posts
Our Enclave wasn't quite at MSRP, but not a whole lot lower. Certainly not near invoice or supplier pricing. So no reason for our dealer to bump another order ahead of ours for financial reasons.

In our case, I'm suspicious that as a smaller dealership they simply don't have an allocation slot with which to place the order. The story I've been given so far is that the only order ahead of ours was accepted by GM and assigned a build date, and ours is waiting next for GM to pick it up. When I ask about allocation, they insist that it isn't anything on their end but rather are simply waiting for GM to accept the order.

Needless to say, I'm skeptical. If I ask a directed question about whether they have an allocation slot available for this month, or next, etc., I expect a direct response. So far, all I get is "we're just waiting on GM at this point" which seems a very vague and dodging way to answer the question. Could mean they are waiting on GM to give them an allocation slot for all I know!

Friendly people, but they are car salesmen after all. I don't trust any of them, even if they are from my own hometown and somewhat friends of the family!

GM needs to do something to sort this mess out, for the Enclave and for any future vehicles that may actually be popular, as were the Solstice and Sky. God forbid this happen again two or three years from now and customers get shafted once again.

Ordering should be date prioritized, geographically neutral, and a fully transparent process (i.e., you ordered the lux package, so some non-lux package orders that were placed later will go ahead of yours, but on the nationwide lux-list you are #592... here, look at the list for yourself, we can keep you updated, etc.)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts