EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think everyone has seen the pictures of the GM remote in the Enclave broschure. Everyone has also wondered where it is? It was suppossed to be out already. I contacted Nancy Phillipart which was responsible for the GM Blog post back in November 2006 announcing the remote. I asked her when it would be released and she personally wrote me back with the update info. Here is the updated info straight from the person in charge of releasing this product.

Thanks for your interest in two way advanced remote start for your Enclave. This product will be available from your local GM dealer before year end. We changed the introduction of this product from what had originally been planned to ensure the two way advanced remote start would meet high performance and quality expectations.

If you let me know who your preferred GM dealer is I will alert both you and him when product is available so you can purchase. Thanks for your patience. We believe we have a very exciting product coming.

Thanks,

Nancy Philippart
There you go straight from GM. It looks like we will be able to finally get this remote in the next couple weeks. The part# will be 17802071 when it is released.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Great Christmas present, Mr. Chick, if you are reading this :-*

·
Registered
27 Posts
just wondering-- will this work with the existing wiring system for those of us who have the OEM remote start already wired in the vehicle?? or will we have to upgrade/install something else in order for these remotes to work??
FYI- i had a similar 2 way remote installed in my traded toyota and the range/options were wonderful-- i actually called the installer and asked about install into the enclave and he said a new configuration would be needed and the cost would be roughly $475-$500.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Thanks for the investigative reporting orion007! I called the local dealership parts depts until I was ming blue in the face. :eek:hno: All were confused.

Now I can throw a part number at them.

Greg

·
Registered
120 Posts
Has anyone got a quote from their dealer for the price? Mine told me that they were $195 for 2 plus the programming.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
nickyd said:
Has anyone got a quote from their dealer for the price? Mine told me that they were $195 for 2 plus the programming.
Been there. Dealer ordered @195. and the same OE remotes that I have now came in, for that price. Gonna assume it's more $ for 2 of the LCD type. yet unknown............................

1 - 8 of 8 Posts