EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

What do you think is a good replacement for an old Enclave?

• 2017 Traverse

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2018 Traverse

• Acadia

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks! My '08 Enclave w/ 137k miles is getting quite long in the tooth, and has needed too many repairs over the past few years. So, it's time to look at replacing it, currently with something similar.

Do any of you have advice about whether to get a 2017 or 2018? I know the '18 is likely to give some of the same kind of trouble I had with the '08, being the first model year of a new GM design. Any pros or cons of switching to the Traverse or Acadia? Or non-GM models worthy of consideration? (The VW Atlas looks pretty good, for example.)

Thanks in advance for any pearls of wisdom you might be willing to share!

·
Registered
795 Posts
Had a 2011 Traverse for 5 years and last fall traded it for a Ford Explorer Limited 4WD. I loved the Traverse and this Explorer is even better. When pricing out a new Traverse and comparing it to an Explorer limited you save about 4K by buying the Explorer where you get the heated and cooled front seats heat only in back and a power folding 3rd row all standard. I've had no issues with my GM vehicles over the years, I'm just really impressed with this Explorer.

·
Registered
96 Posts
After having multiple failures in my 2009 Enclave, I am also looking to replace it. I 'm not even looking at another GM. The Ford Explorer is nice, but a little expense. Really like the Jaguar X-Pace (diesel) too. The other candidate is the Hyundai Santa Fe. The Hyundai is cheaper, has a much better warranty (lessen learned from owning a GM), decent towing capacity, higher horse power (but lower gas mileage) , and all of the same electronic gadgets that the others have. I'm going to try to make it though the winter with my Buick start shopping in June.

·
Registered
462 Posts
If you don't need quite as much room I'd recommend the Acura MDX. All that Honda reliability in a great looking luxury SUV. I test drove one before we ended up buying our Enclave and I'd call it a superior vehicle in pretty much every way except not as much room. We really wanted the extra space and settled on the Enclave. If you want to give up a lot on style and a little on luxury the Honda Pilot is built on the same platform.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
I’d say another Enclave. But it would depends if you want the essence as the essence is about the same price as the current leather model. Other than that if you’re looking at the avenir model, you’re more than likely to shell out 60k

1 - 5 of 5 Posts