EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The 6 warranty on my 2014 Enclave is expiring in March 2021. I purchased it new and have not had any real issues so far at 61000. I am wondering if I should purchase an extended warranty. I do plan on keeping it and as you can tell from the mileage I don’t travel a lot these Days.
thanks

·
Super Moderator
262 Posts
Extended warranties are a matter of personal choice. Some folks always buy them and some never do. I have purchased only one in all the years I have been buying cars. When I bought a Grand Cherokee in 2012 it was my first vehicle that had a plethora of technology so I thought an extended warranty might be a good idea. I was wrong. The only problem I ever had was a bad rear strut early on which was covered under the factory warranty. So I basically had a seven year insurance policy and I wouldn't buy another one.

I don't know if GM will offer warranties that go past 100k miles, but even if they do, I'm sure the cost will be pretty high. I would not advise buying a warranty from an aftermarket company.

·
Registered
968 Posts
We purchased our 2013, 46k mile used CPO Buick Enclave in June 2017. At the dealership, we also purchased a non-GM aftermarket extended warranty for 60 months and/or 125k additional miles. The warranty has a $0 deductible and covers most repairs till June, 2022 or 171.3k miles. Since we bought it from the dealer.....all covered items were taken care of without any issues. The cost of the warranty was far less then the 3 covered repairs. I would purchase an extended warranty from the GM dealer which would give you coverage coast to coast.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We purchased our 2013, 46k mile used CPO Buick Enclave in June 2017. At the dealership, we also purchased a non-GM aftermarket extended warranty for 60 months and/or 125k additional miles. The warranty has a $0 deductible and covers most repairs till June, 2022 or 171.3k miles. Since we bought it from the dealer.....all covered items were taken care of without any issues. The cost of the warranty was far less then the 3 covered repairs. I would purchase an extended warranty from the GM dealer which would give you coverage coast to coast.
Thanks for the info I will definitely look into it with my dealer

·
Registered
968 Posts
Also....know your driving needs. Do you need a high mileage warranty or a warranty that has fewer miles but for a longer duration.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Also....know your driving needs. Do you need a high mileage warranty or a warranty that has fewer miles but for a longer duration.
I called my dealer and yes they do have the extended warranty available. Price sounds reasonable...I very much appreciate your feedback! I plan to keep my Enclave and with my mileage history I can probably chose longer duration most likely....There may be a short burst of more mileage once this pandemic is past us...
Thanks again

1 - 7 of 7 Posts