EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've never had an additional alarm put on my car but I've also never paid so much or loved a car like this one.

I know the alarm currently covers doors being open and car starting but, does it cover window smashing?

Im just curious if it's worth me getting a secondary, more sophisticated alarm.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
civileng68 said:
I've never had an additional alarm put on my car but I've also never paid so much or loved a car like this one.

I know the alarm currently covers doors being open and car starting but, does it cover window smashing?

Im just curious if it's worth me getting a secondary, more sophisticated alarm.
I am a security contractor and my company used to install car alarms, as a side line, in the 90's. We had seen many smash-thrus and clean-outs, thru a broken window. But it was the exception. They usually opened the door. Right now, ANYTHING you leave in plain sight is an invitation to a smash-in. The Garmins and Tom-Toms GPS, dash mount devices, and radar detectors, are very big on EBAY! Hmmm.....

So in a nutshell, if you live/park in an urban environment, or anywhere, known to have a higher theft rate, and you leave anything in sight, or of value in glove box, the glass sensor is a must, ! Otherwise the factory system is sufficient, IMHO as a security dealer. Noise (Enclave horn blasts) is the 2nd most effective deterrent! Common sense is #1, light is #3.

A system could be added by most auto radio/alarm shops for about $195. They might tie it into the door light circuit and trigger the factory alarm in that manner. Your same remote would turn it off/on. ;D

Good luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts