EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have found many of threads but am overwhelmed by them all and they aren't exactly what I am looking for really. I have a 2008 Buick Enclave CXL that I just bought with out in dash navigation. It has onstar but I'm not paying for that. What I want to do is get an after market in dash system that fits nicely and I would like it to have Navigation, bluetooth, DVD and a back up cam would be nice as well. Can anyone recommend me some good brands and some good websites.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
5,951 Posts
Pioneer AVIC-X940BT
Advent OGM-1

Look them up via Google or on Ebay. I have the Pioneer in a 2014 Nissan NV3500 for our church vehicle and people seem to like it. Although, any inputting/menu changes have to be done while parked and emergency brake is applied.

I have heard lots about the OGM-1 unit thru this board and it get rave reviews. But it has been discontinued, so prices could be falling. Or rather they could be rising since it is getting harder to find new ones.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I looked them up seem to be great options but I was hoping to keep it around $400. Any ideas?

·
Registered
5,951 Posts
Sorry. Not for 400 do I think you can find something that does all of that.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thats what I figured. I broke down today and bought a pretty nice kenwood. A little more than I wanted to spend but I think I will be happy

·
Registered
5,951 Posts
Keep us posted as to how it works for you and if the install was easy or a pain and if you need any assistance getting it hooked up right or how to take the OEM out. Pics would be good too.

·
Registered
265 Posts
sorry to chime in late but Walt at adcmobile has advent ogm-1 units for $675. I spoke to him and he assures me its a simple plug and play and fully compatible with all the original features. im planning on getting one this spring. i would be interested to know how much the kenwood is and any installation or compatibilty issues you may have.

·
Registered
5,951 Posts
mifd118 said:
sorry to chime in late but Walt at adcmobile has advent ogm-1 units for $675. I spoke to him and he assures me its a simple plug and play and fully compatible with all the original features. im planning on getting one this spring. i would be interested to know how much the kenwood is and any installation or compatibilty issues you may have.
:thumb:

·
Registered
169 Posts
It's good to see that the OGM-1s are still available for purchase, despite the discontinuance. I have an OGM-1 and Advent is still supporting the device. Keep in mind that the Pioneer would require about $200-$300 worth of additional adapters to keep your Onstar and steering wheel functions. The OGM-1 is designed to allow you to keep your factory functions without additional adapters. With the OGM-1 you will lose your factory door ajar and low fuel warnings, but the indicators will appear on your dash anyway so as the driver you'll readily see them.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Finding a good in-dash Nav for $400 might be a stretch.... Crutchfield has the Clarion NX604 on sale for $549 (normally $800), which is great unit. It's not on the level with some of the Kenwoods, but it's also half the price. They do have the NX404 on sale for $399, but I haven't read about it at all and can't offer any opinions.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I prefer my little $100 Garmin GPS to my Enclave's built-in nav....Why do I have to tell it what State/Provence I'm in every time I use it? ???

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a 2011 Enclave CXL2 with the NAV system. I really like the audio system but the NAV sucks terribly. I had a spare Magellan GPS that I hooked up in the Enclave so it comes on automatically when I turn on the ignition. I use it instead of the factory NAV (it's an absolute joke.) I upgraded the audio system in my truck (2007 Sierra) with a Kenwood DNX892 unit and I like it quite a lot. I hooked up a back-up camera and it works as expected, except the image is not reversed and the Kenwood does not allow me to change it. It also has a connection for a front camera. The display is nice and large. The NAV that came with the Kenwood is by Garmin. It is a nice unit. I paid around $1,300 CAD for it and installed it myself.

·
Super Moderator
21,166 Posts
I never considered that the display image on the screen of a backup camera system had to be reversed, but that makes sense.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I have found many of threads but am overwhelmed by them all and they aren't exactly what I am looking for really. I have a 2008 Buick Enclave CXL that I just bought with out in dash navigation. It has onstar but I'm not paying for that. What I want to do is get an after market in dash system that fits nicely and I would like it to have Navigation, bluetooth, DVD and a back up cam would be nice as well. Can anyone recommend me some good brands and some good websites.

Thanks in advance.
a bit of a late reply, however, you could consider this one, i got for my '08 enclave:

http://www.enclaveforum.net/21-audio-video-nav/11797-aftermarket-stereo-replacement-advice.html#post208387

I paid around $450 USD at the time - still working great :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts