EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sometimes after I open the rear hatch with the remote and close it agani with the remote, I try locking the car and it seems to lock but won't honk the horn upon locking to let me know. After about a minute, trying again, it honks horn when locking. Is this a programable thing I need to fix or has anyone else had the same problem?

·
Registered
46 Posts
I've noticed the same thing with my car also. I have discovered it has to do with my trying to lock the car when the back hatch hasn't completely closed. The hatch might look closed, but if you stand by it and listen you will discover that it takes a couple of seconds for the motor that closes the latch to finish its cycle. If the hatch isn't finished its cycle then the door is considered open and the remote locks will not engage. I have found that if I wait just a couple of seconds after the hatch is closed then everything works fine.

·
Registered
134 Posts
bondguy said:
Sometimes after I open the rear hatch with the remote and close it agani with the remote, I try locking the car and it seems to lock but won't honk the horn upon locking to let me know. After about a minute, trying again, it honks horn when locking. Is this a programable thing I need to fix or has anyone else had the same problem?
There is a built in delay that locks the doors about 15 seconds afrer the last door/hatch is closed.
If you push the remotes lock button before that, the doors will lock but the horn will not sound.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
no more using the hatch for me...I will get everything in and out through the side doors (just kidding). Thanks for the info...it seems like a long 15 seconds though but I will try that next time.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts