EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking an Estate option would be cool for the Enclave with the faux wood on the side. I love the old Roadmasters and Estate wagons from the 60s to 90s. Does anyone offer this option?

·
Registered
186 Posts
I don't mean to affend you, but well....YUCK! I like to think of the Enclave as a hip, cool , times of the future kind of ride. I do not see where making it look old and fuddy duddy will do buyers any good. I would cringe if I seen any of them on the road with that old "my grandparents 70's station wagon look".

·
Premium Member
7,065 Posts
How about some 3" wide white wall tires so we complete that Country Squire look. :sosad:

I love that 50-60-70's wagon look, but NOT on the Enclave!

·
Registered
509 Posts
Yeah, not on an Enclave. It's meant to be a very modern, smooth, and voluptuous beauty that attracts people of all ages & backgrounds....not turned into a tacky paneled wonder with stick on woodgrain.

Not that it can't be a cool look, but ONLY on the classic wagons it originated on...such as the vaunted Roadmaster. Those days are long and gone, however, and that's a good thing.

I have seen it done on a new Suburban, which was awful and just looks like the decision of someone who was blind and felt like ruining a glitzy new $55k SUV, and also on a new Jeep Liberty (which actually wasn't bad, but still not my taste--as a "Wagoneer" motif), and a new Jeep Commander which was awful.

Start doing it with an Enclave, and there goes the downfall already of something that has so far been an unadulterated eye-catcher...which will hopefully continue with new Buick sedans, as they move farther away from lending themselves to nasty aftermarket cloth tops and trunk racks.

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
One thing about this forum, nobody has strong opinions ;D ;D ;D

·
Premium Member
7,065 Posts
We all agree to disagree, keeps things interesting. 8)

R

·
0 Posts
bsox said:
One thing about this forum, nobody has strong opinions

you hold grudges dont you ???

but on topic here, i have to agree with everybody else here, i think that the wood panaling is out with the old "woodys" as my dad called them, the beach boys come to mind here. The enclave is all about new styling, i think that the idea of putting the wood on the Pt cruzers also wrecked them, I didn't like them to begin with and that just made them worse. If you go around in a wood trimed enclave people who dont know much about cars will think that is the only way to get an enclave and they will (slowly) become less popular in your area.

·
Premium Member
7,065 Posts
Someone is bound to "woody" an Enclave, sooner or later. :banghead:

·
Premium Member
1,997 Posts
MRBUICK said:
Someone is bound to "woody" an Enclave, sooner or later. :banghead:
Helllllo, Mr. Buick. I was starting to worry about you. It's nice to see you here again. :thumb:

·
Premium Member
7,065 Posts
axiama said:
Helllllo, Mr. Buick. I was starting to worry about you. It's nice to see you here again. :thumb:
Thanks axiama, not feeling great lately, but better now.
I needed a break.......before I broke :help:

·
Premium Member
1,997 Posts
MRBUICK said:
Thanks axiama, not feeling great lately, but better now.
I needed a break.......before I broke :help:
Well, you know that's going to start happening more and more now. Men your age need to take it easy. Take a nap once in a while, watch some Matlock reruns, etc. ;)

Just teasing - I hope you're feeling better.

·
Premium Member
7,065 Posts
Just can't away from this age fallacy, I know, it's all in fun.
I had a good laugh (needed that :thumb:)

·
Registered
49 Posts
CTCLAVE - PLEASE tell me you are pulling our chain. Faux wood paneling on the side of an Enclave?!!!!!!! PLEASE tell me you are joking. I wonder if the Lexus, BMW and Benz SUV sites have folks asking about placing fake wood "contact paper" on the side of their luxury SUV.

·
Premium Member
7,065 Posts
How about "PIMP MY 'CLAVE" :banghead:

·
Registered
86 Posts
The new Ford Flex could be made into a classic styed "woody". It was styled after those classics of yester-year.

www.fordflex.com

But on the Enclave . . . uh, no. To many curves and character lines.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I'm not sure the wood grain would look good, but I'd sure like to see some discrete pinstriping. Has anyone done this? Any pictures?

·
Registered
39 Posts
I'd have to see a drawing firsy, but I don't think it is such a terrible idea. For decades Buick offered wood (real and fake) on the Estate wagons. In fact, I read somewhere the Enclave was inspired by the 1953 or 54 Estate wagon, which had wood.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I do think the Woody would be a great idea. Buick offered one for decades and they are all now collectors items.

·
Registered
2,851 Posts
Someone figured it out for a Subaru Forester. I spotted this one in Utah a few months ago.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 50 Posts