EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When we got our Enclave all the way back in May, getting one the color we wanted (White Diamond) was almost impossible, so we got one the local dealer had. Not bad, except it only had entertainment package #1 - ie no DVD or Nav. Nav we solved with a Garmin Nuvi 680 unit. But the DVD is still a bit of an issue. We'd like to be able to have something for our daughter to watch, etc.

So...has anyone looked at or thought about an aftermarket radio? I was looking at a JVC unit that plays DIVX (a requirement for us) and is dual zone - so she could listen to/watch something on the dvd while we listened to something else over the radio. We haven't figured out where we'd put the actual screen - the overheads all seem to block the rear view mirror (any experience like that for anyone?). We're considering headrest screens too - but aren't sure if that will work best with dealer or otherwise (*HAVE* to match the material!!!)

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks,
Don

·
Registered
249 Posts
If you look at the Enclave brochure, you'll notice the headrest DVD option. When it becomes available, the dealer can order and install these for you. The headrest will match the seats of course. I believe other after-market headrest players will use the existing headrest to install the screen so it should be no problem. The only way I could think of installing it on the ceiling without blocking the rearview is to follow the concept look - put two screens on each side behind the driver and behind the front passenger. I've seen this done in car shows so it's not unbelievably impossible, just probably a little extreme - for now.

R

·
0 Posts
the only problem with an after market radio is that it is a gm lan so enless you got the adaptor (which i am not sure if its out yet) you loose all warning chimes, rear parking assist, onstar, and door alarms, as well as any other sound needed to hear through the gm lan.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts