EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will start a new thread on this subject. Bought a used 2014 Enclave 5-2-2014 with 39k miles. Have been looking around for a extended warranty before my Buick goes out of warranty. I have not bought a GM product for almost 40 years and do not have any idea of reliability. I have had the a/c looked at already and told it was low without any leaks. Another post on this website. But, at my age, I don't want to have to absorb a high repair cost on a fairly new car. So, I am looking to purchase a reasonably priced warranty to cover my vehicle. I asked the dealer I had purchased it from about it, but was told that since I did not ask and purchase at point of sale, they could not help me. This was two days after they delivered the car to me. Hope to get some positive responses to this question. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
oldtimer35 said:
I will start a new thread on this subject. Bought a used 2014 Enclave 5-2-2014 with 39k miles. Have been looking around for a extended warranty before my Buick goes out of warranty. I have not bought a GM product for almost 40 years and do not have any idea of reliability. I have had the a/c looked at already and told it was low without any leaks. Another post on this website. But, at my age, I don't want to have to absorb a high repair cost on a fairly new car. So, I am looking to purchase a reasonably priced warranty to cover my vehicle. I asked the dealer I had purchased it from about it, but was told that since I did not ask and purchase at point of sale, they could not help me. This was two days after they delivered the car to me. Hope to get some positive responses to this question. Thanks in advance.
If you are still under B2B warranty, you can get a GM platinum extended warranty. I'm surprised you dealer wouldn't sell you one. Google Black Cadillac. They have the best prices on the GM warranty

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Had contacted GMPP on the internet about an extended warranty and received a phone call from them today. Was told that because I had 40,000 miles on it, that it did not qualify for an extended warranty. But because I was not the original owner, he was going to do me a fabulous favor and sell me one. I asked if he could send me information on it and was told that, no, this was a one time offer that I would have to accept over the phone. I told him, no thanks. I do not like pressure sales and had the feeling that this was not quite on the up and up. So back to looking for a warranty. I have worked in the automotive industry since 1972 and this is the first time I have ever heard of such a thing.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Skippy? I'm sorry, I was under the impression that this forum was here to help fellow Enclave owners. Sorry to have ruffled your feathers.

·
Registered
2,855 Posts
Speaking of aftermarket warranties, most (or all) claim one of their main advantages is that charges for covered repairs are paid directly to the dealer/repair shop.....hence, requiring no money out-of-pocket (unless, of course, some deductable applies).

Nice enough in this best-of-all-worlds, at least until the warrantly holder learns (perhaps too late) there's absolutely no assurance the repair shop in question will actually accept their plan. With that in mind, has anyone had experience getting an aftermarket warranty Company to reimburse them directly.....and if so, how long did it take to receive a cashable check.....for a covered repair for which their shop refused to accept the warranty ??

That concern is the reason I myself have never pulled the trigger on Aftermarket coverage (well, at least beyond one sold by my selling dealer, which I bought once....and which was accepted by that dealer for covered repairs as promised).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
3 Participants
wvuguy
EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community
We’re a forum community dedicated to Buick Enclave SUV owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades, towing capacity, reliability, and more!
Full Forum Listing