EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For some reason, my wife went with me to the '06 auto show and fell in love with the Enclave concept. In '07 we saw the production version (albeit on a revolving platform) and examined the Outlook and Acadia. We went directly to the local Buick dealer, ordered it and took delivery in late May! Sometimes one must leap before looking! :)

Here's an article that explains the current shortage. It's on purpose, gang!

http://money.aol.com/news/articles/...t-make-fewer/20071108132109990001#addNewCmmnt

Jay

·
Registered
509 Posts
Yes, we already have at least 2 threads linked to the same story...it's old news.

Aggravating news for many, but already covered a few times :thumb:

·
Registered
405 Posts
I just don't know if this is such a great strategy. I decided to go with the Acadia or Outlook because I knew the Enclave would be difficult to find and I did not want the added aggravation, I didn't want to pay above MSRP and I wanted a new vehicle without waiting 12 weeks. I did not really even seriously consider the Enclave for that reason...Then I discovered a dealer with one in stock and decided to take a look and that's when I decided I wanted it. BUT, if I had not stumbled upon that dealer, I would be driving an Acadia or a Outlook.

·
Premium Member
1,997 Posts
Actually I think this is excellent strategy. There are two main reasons people cite for buying imports over American made cars. 1. Quality 2. Resale Value

Buick just tied Lexus for long term reliability according to J.D. Power & Associates - That takes care of the reliability issue. And the way to improve resale value would be to improve quality and avoid saturating the market with too many vehicles. GM is making a really good long-term marketing decision with the limited production of the Enclave. Once the resale value of a Buick is on par with that of an import, GM will be back on track.

·
Registered
47 Posts
axiama said:
Actually I think this is excellent strategy. There are two main reasons people cite for buying imports over American made cars. 1. Quality 2. Resale Value

Buick just tied Lexus for long term reliability according to J.D. Power & Associates - That takes care of the reliability issue. And the way to improve resale value would be to improve quality and avoid saturating the market with too many vehicles. GM is making a really good long-term marketing decision with the limited production of the Enclave. Once the resale value of a Buick is on par with that of an import, GM will be back on track.
Hey it worked for Harley Davidson..... I remember when I bought my first one back in the early 80's I walked in to the show room an had my pick of any bike no waiting......Same way for for my 90 fxstc.... but after that they started limiting production....... and well the rest is history.
Rob

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Personally, I l♥ve the fact that I don't see "hundreds" of them on the road. So now that I have mine...it works for me! LolLolLolLol! [/color] ::)

·
Registered
758 Posts
I think its good for everyone for GM to keep a steady supply, not over or under-produce. Shortages bring price gouging which also lowers public interest in the vehicle.

TM

·
Registered
661 Posts
Interesting strategy. Industry learned this strategy in supply, as part of the quality movement. In inventory it is called "Just-in-Time." The idea being to avoid large inventory of parts that won't be needed for X days.
Mine was supposed to be built this past week. I called Buick Satudar, but the area that has that data was closed on Saturday and they are going to call me monday (I hope).

I bnought a used Ford explorer some years ago, the prices were high and they were scarce as used vehicles. A few months later huge numbers came off leases and my car dropped like a rock. Ihope that does not happen to my Enclave! But, if it turns out the way I expect, I will drive it for many years as it is just going to be a "road car."

·
Registered
405 Posts
Hey Red, I called Saturday, too! And I am supposed to get a call back Monday between 2pm and 4pm. We'll see!
As far as huge numbers coming off lease, according to my dealer the leasing numbers are really outrageous. He said he does not understand why anyone would lease the Enclave with the numbers being quoted. I think he said the CXL he leased the night before I ordered mine worked out to over $800 a month! I guess only if the business is paying for it and they wanted it... He was really wishing that GM would come out with better numbers.

·
Registered
325 Posts
I recently returned from a 2500 miles trip from Illinois to SC & several points in between and only saw (2) Enclaves on the entire trip! Both were in the Indianapolis area. While visiting relatives in the NC area none of them had ever seen one or even knew what it was. Saw plenty of Acadia's in the SC area though...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts