EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The warning light for the airbags came on intermittently and, when the dealer found a "loose wire" in the steering wheel bag he declared our Enclave "unsafe to drive." To his credit, he provided a rental car while we wait the three days for the replacement part to arrive.

The reason I'm posting this is to let my fellow Enclavers know that if the warning light does come on you shouldn't drive without having the system checked. :eek:hno: Anyone else have this issue?

Jay

·
Registered
54 Posts
I have had 'other' issues..not that though.

Of course you would be provided a rental. GM covers that while the Vehicle is under warranty and the Vehicle will take a little time to get back on the road.....mine offers me a Loaner when it is in for an oil change? Which is not necessary...I rather enjoy sitting in their comfy chairs watching TV while it is being done!

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
KarenL said:
I have had 'other' issues..not that though.

Of course you would be provided a rental. GM covers that while the Vehicle is under warranty and the Vehicle will take a little time to get back on the road.....mine offers me a Loaner when it is in for an oil change? Which is not necessary...I rather enjoy sitting in their comfy chairs watching TV while it is being done!
WOW! You have an excellent dealer! Care to advertise them? I would LOVE a loaner when I go to a GM dealership for "those 30,000 mile etc. service visits that are more than just oil change, tire rotation, etc as it usually takes a few hours.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Well--first of all, they are a LONG way from you! LOL

Secondly..I always dealt with a particular GM Dealership fo 20++ yrs. They always gave me a car--if the job was a short one, and if it was a longer issue, then the Warranty kicked in and a rental would be arranged. When I switched to this Dealership..last car (GMC Envoy XL) I went looking around and they asked "what will it take to get your business"? I told them. Always, I need my car. Always. If the car is in for anything...I want that option. This is my 2nd Vehicle with them and they are true to their word. I most often wait for it..but when it was in for a recall (6 hrs?) they gave me a car and last time, wiper motor replacement, they dropped a rental to me. I had no idea this wasn't the norm?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts