EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys -

I recently installed a used temperature control module because the old ones buttons were peeling pretty bad. I tried turning on the AC and when I push the ac button it flashed a couple times then just goes way. The ac seats seem to work just fine. just no blowing cold air. AC worked before I switched them. Any idea?? Thank you!

·
Registered
5,918 Posts
rbarrios said:
what happens when you put the original panel back in?
:ditto: It is a same model year to same model year swap out? i.e. 2008-12 or 2013-15?

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Good suggestion by rbarrios to swap the parts again and see if the old one is working. The used one you installed may be bad.

You may also have to reset the controls by unplugging the fuse. Search the board for resetting the HVAC system. I'd try that first just to make sure it isn't something that simple.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I tried swapping the old one and same thing......no different

Yes swapped a 12 control unit into a 10, same part number.

I will try to find a way to reset the HVAC system, I will search unless someone has a link.

Thanks.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the link to the stickers but that does not fix my problem. I tried swapping in the old one HVAC module and still not any better (they are the exact part number). Tried to reset the module by removing the fuse and disconnecting the battery......still not any better. I talked to a buddy who works for GM and he said if it is flashing, then it is out of freon. He said that the cooled seats are not connected to the ac compressor and that it is only a fan that blows air through the seats. Going to see if adding freon works. thanks.

·
Registered
733 Posts
SO: Everything was working, A/C and heat, as normal when you removed the original control panel. You changed out the control, tried to get A/C to work and now nothing works? Does heater work? Defroster? Rear air won't work if compressor won't turn on. I don't think the control needs to be flashed. Try starting car, then run the temp setting all the way to high, then all the way cold. If everything was working before switching out the control, then the second control is faulty and may have futzed up something in the system.

·
Registered
5,918 Posts
rexster said:
SO: Everything was working, A/C and heat, as normal when you removed the original control panel. You changed out the control, tried to get A/C to work and now nothing works? Does heater work? Defroster? Rear air won't work if compressor won't turn on. I don't think the control needs to be flashed. Try starting car, then run the temp setting all the way to high, then all the way cold. If everything was working before switching out the control, then the second control is faulty and may have futzed up something in the system.
Very valid point, rexster!

·
Registered
6 Posts
lenoble22 said:
I tried swapping the old one and same thing......no different

Yes swapped a 12 control unit into a 10, same part number.

I will try to find a way to reset the HVAC system, I will search unless someone has a link.

Thanks.
Here, posted by nathanmac in a great post about changing actuators:
1) remove the HVAC fuse for minimum 10 seconds 2) install fuse 3) start vehicle and wait 40 seconds for control module to self-calibrate. This fuse is found in the instrument panel fuse block, which is located under the instrument panel on the passenger side of the vehicle (below/behind the glovebox).

It's a pain in the rear to pull that fuse. As someone pointed out, have a spare on hand - the Enclave allegedly won't start without that fuse and it's easy to drop iot where you won't be able to get it back.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Turns out that the AC system was just out of freon, I must have timed it perfect or since it really hasn't been that cold before I switched it, I may have thought it was working before I switched it. So if the ac light is flashing, the system is low on freon. The hvac did not have to be reset or anything.

·
Super Moderator
21,164 Posts
lenoble22 said:
Turns out that the AC system was just out of freon, I must have timed it perfect or since it really hasn't been that cold before I switched it, I may have thought it was working before I switched it. So if the ac light is flashing, the system is low on freon. The hvac did not have to be reset or anything.
Well, that is a very good reason for your problem. However, the system should not have been low on refrigerant unless there was a leak somewhere in the system. Keep an eye on the A/C's performance over the coming weeks for any signs of reduced cooling efficiency or a hissing noise (as so many have reported when the refrigerant was low). Keep us updated.

·
Registered
5,918 Posts
lenoble22 said:
I would also seem to think that just changing the control panel wouldn't deplete or lower the freon in the system either. There aren't actual pipes for freon that are plumbed to the control panel..... ;D

Glad to hear you got a resolution.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
it blows cold air but only on the drivers side.....warm air on the passenger side (no matter what the temp is set at). I am going to try to reset the control module.....can someone point me in the right direction as to where the fuse is located? I thought I read somewhere that it was by the glovebox? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Maybe.....put both sides at 65 degrees.....drivers side blows ice cold air....passengers side hot hot air......sucks.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Sounds to me as if the rear evaporator is leaking Same problem I had with my 11 After it was changed out no more problem :confused: :beer:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts