EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any problem with their Enclave pulling to one side or the other ? Ours has a very distinct tendency to go left, and it is a battle to keep it going straight! It started the day we got it, and we took it back to the dealer immediately. They said they couldn't make any adjustments until it had 500 miles. So, 500 miles later we went back. The dealer checked the alignment, etc, and said it is OK. But it still pulls left. We now have 5000 miles on it and it seems to be getting worse (or maybe I am just gettign tired of it!). The dealer wants us to bring it back for another "test drive". Any thoughts?

·
Premium Member
978 Posts
Try another dealer!

·
Premium Member
7,065 Posts
vegas/coop
Good advice :thumb:

·
Registered
120 Posts
We had a similar problem with our Rendezvous. When ever it needed to be adjusted, especially after a tire rotation or new tires, I would need them to adjust it atleast 2 times. Even with balancing and alligenment. A few times it so happened that their equipment was off and that had to be recallibrated. Stay with it. I remember once the service manager checked it himself and told me so and said that it was a good as it was gonna get. I told him it pulled enough to be enoying and that it always took 2 tries to get it straight enough. That met with silence on ther other end. When I picked it up the second time it was fine.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
bannockburn said:
Anyone have any problem with their Enclave pulling to one side or the other ? Ours has a very distinct tendency to go left, and it is a battle to keep it going straight! It started the day we got it, and we took it back to the dealer immediately. They said they couldn't make any adjustments until it had 500 miles. So, 500 miles later we went back. The dealer checked the alignment, etc, and said it is OK. But it still pulls left. We now have 5000 miles on it and it seems to be getting worse (or maybe I am just gettign tired of it!). The dealer wants us to bring it back for another "test drive". Any thoughts?
MRBUICK & COOP nailed it! Try another dealer............ 500 miles???? He's a jerk. Now I assume you're not on the far left "crown" in a road , right?? Just a nice flat highway maybe?? Just checking ;D

·
Registered
29 Posts
Yes, ours drifted slight to the left, but not annoying. I had the dealer re-align at 1000 miles and he said it really was not off at all. It seems fine now, but I am going to have him re-check at the next service. Mine did not really pull - just kind of drifted left slightly if you let go of the wheel.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just turned 600 miles on my CXL AWD. I've begun to notice an ever so slight "tendency" to the right. I plan to go in for a 1000 mile oil change and check up. I'll ask them to check the allignment.

·
Registered
525 Posts
If a car pulls even slightly it's a good idea to have alignment checked. Remember though, that most roads are crowned for drainage, and that can cause a slight drifting to the right.

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
Well, after having Power Steering pump issues and front brake rotors resurfaced and new pads. Let's move on to the next issue I am experiencing.
When I am driving the steering wheel pulsates left to right. Not all that bad, but just enough to be really annoying. So, thank goodness I have a Lifetime Alignment agreement with Firestone. I am taking it in to them on Wednesday to have them balance, rotate and align the tires & wheels, in hopes this resolves this.

·
Premium Member
21,166 Posts
cfedor said:
Well, after having Power Steering pump issues and front brake rotors resurfaced and new pads. Let's move on to the next issue I am experiencing.
When I am driving the steering wheel pulsates left to right. Not all that bad, but just enough to be really annoying. So, thank goodness I have a Lifetime Alignment agreement with Firestone. I am taking it in to them on Wednesday to have them balance, rotate and align the tires & wheels, in hopes this resolves this.
Let us knew if the steering wheel vibration goes away after the service. I have had the same issue for the last few years without resolution since I struck a huge pothole. Nothing that has been attempted has made a dent in the degree of the vibration. It's very frustrating, but thankfully only noticeable at highway speeds that I rarely achieve during day to day commutes.

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
Will do.

·
Registered
441 Posts
If the alignment is fine. Have them do a roadforce balance on the tires. Or change just the front and back tires on one side with each other. My enclave has this pull also, alignment is "ok" per dealer, but my tires are on their last 1/3 of life and are worn funny due to me neglecting to rotate them (had twins and this slipped my mind until too late).

·
Registered
211 Posts
Check to see if the left front brake caliper is binding. If it is it will definitely cause the vehicle to pull left. Also, next time when you get an alignment, ask them to print you a final report. The shops can say whatever they wish, but the numbers will never lie. On the report you will find the specific alignment numbers as provided by the manufacture against the specific year/model of your car. It will also contain the before and after alignment measurements and their respective tolerances.

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
I feel like Goldenclave here.
Here I sit waiting in my "Cherry-Ot" to get work done on it. This Firestone Auto Center doesn't have a road force balance machine. At least not until the machine they do have breaks. So I will have to rely on the standard balance machine that they do have. I will be really interested in seeing what they find out about the alignment. Shouldn't be off that much since I already had it aligned a year ago. I have a knick in one of my sidewalls but it is not thread bare so should not be an issue either. Second opinion on it they say drive it...

·
Registered
795 Posts
cfedor said:
I feel like Goldenclave here.
Here I sit waiting in my "Cherry-Ot" to get work done on it. This Firestone Auto Center doesn't have a road force balance machine. At least not until the machine they do have breaks. So I will have to rely on the standard balance machine that they do have. I will be really interested in seeing what they find out about the alignment. Shouldn't pre off that much since I already had it aligned a year ago. I have a knick in one of my sidewalks but it is not thread bare so should not be an issue either. Second opinion on it they say drive it...
Uhhhhh, weren't they supposed to do a alignment when they did the new steering rack? My dealer did when they replaced mine.

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
gostate said:
Uhhhhh, weren't they supposed to do a alignment when they did the new steering rack? My dealer did when they replaced mine.
I just went out and looked. they did replace the steering rack, not just the power steering pump and a gear. A I don't know what might be the root of the "shimmy" with he steering wheel.

·
Premium Member
21,166 Posts
I am sorry to read that your steering wheel still shimmies. I am also sorry to report, as you had requested on a different thread, that replacing the front struts did not have any impact on my car's ongoing shimmy problem.

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
GoldEnclave said:
I am sorry to read that your steering wheel still shimmies. I am also sorry to report, as you had requested on a different thread, that replacing the front struts did not have any impact on my car's ongoing shimmy problem.
Ok just got it out of Firestone. Alignment was not out of normal limits. Steering wheel is steady and the thing glides like its on rails, straight and narrow! Although I got in it and made a trip around he block, and the SES light was on, so back to Firestone where they pulled the code and p0752 a1 shift solenoid is stuck on.... Whatever he heck that means. Anyway, they cleared it and I took it on the highway and no more "shimmy". Have stopped 4 times before getting into work and no SES Light. Hope it doesn't rear it's ugly head again.

·
Premium Member
21,166 Posts
cfedor, that's great news! I don't know why I am the only one stuck with a shimmy for 4.5 years since striking a pothole. I don't want to sink more money into the car to try solve it by trial and error. :eek:hno:

But, one good thing is that my Enclave tracks as straight as ever following yesterday's front strut replacement and wheel alignment. :thumb:

1 - 20 of 35 Posts