EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw the ad in the Toronto Star and applies to the purchase of a new 2008 or 2009 GM vehicle including the Enclave

- No charge maintenance 3 years or more
- 2 Year OnStar directions and conections
- 2 Year XM radio

Not sure what other incentives are still out there but if this replaces the previous $4500 reduction for cash purchase on the Enclave then I say the deals are getting worse.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I saw this ad. Checked CCC to see if any changes to incentives and there were none. But I know sometime they take a few days to update. Like you said it's interesting to see if this replaces the $4500 or and additional promo on top. GM.ca of course has not been updated - no surprise there. :banghead: Wonder how they are going to sell cars if the deals are getting worse. ???

·
Registered
116 Posts
Same ad in the Calgary Herald and Sun today. I would like to see the maintenance fine print to see what a deal it really is. OnStar should be standard to the first owner for as long as they own the car.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Just saw the CCC incentives update e-mail. $4500 cash delivery rebate is still available (March 2). On top there is a $1000 Dealer Cash Alternative option OR the All in one package (June 1).

So it's pretty good for anyone looking to buy now IMO.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Deal sweetened

vmtls said:
Just saw the CCC incentives update e-mail. $4500 cash delivery rebate is still available (March 2). On top there is a $1000 Dealer Cash Alternative option OR the All in one package (June 1).

So it's pretty good for anyone looking to buy now IMO.
Looks like the deal has been further sweetened for cash purchases according to the latest CCC price/incentives update:

Cash Incentives
Cash Delivery Allowance/Factory to Dealer Rebate $5,500.00[/color] June 1, 2009
Total Package Option - Please see General Comments $0.00 June 1, 2009
Dealer Cash Alternative Option/Factory to Dealer Rebate $1,000.00 June 1, 2009
Canadian Forces Personnel Appreciation Program $500.00 January 4, 2010
Lease Loyalty Bonus - Please see General Comments $1,500.00 March 31, 2009

Finance Program
Finance Rate 2.50% 36 June 1, 2009
Finance Rate 4.50% 48 June 1, 2009
Finance Rate 5.50% 60 June 1, 2009

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Good info for those brave enough to still purchase.

When I checked my email this morning I thought it said $3500 but when I checked to confirm what you posted it was just as you noted.

Here is the fine print

GM Canada is offering to Vancouver Olympic Organizing Committee (Vanoc) Employees and Volunteers a bonus of up to $1,500 (model dependent) which is available during the period of January 1, 2009 to January 4, 2010. This bonus can be used towards the purchase or lease of one eligible 2008, 2009 or 2010 GM model. The models that are ineligible are as follows: Chevrolet Aveo, Pontiac G3 Wave, Pontiac Vibe, Pontiac G8, Chevrolet Equinox, Pontiac Torrent, Saturn Astra and all SAAB models. This bonus will be in the form of an e-certificate which eligible individuals will receive via e-mail after submitting an online application. This bonus is applied to the after tax amount. Please consult your dealer or VANOC HR representative for further details.

The Lease Loyalty Bonus Program applies to deliveries between January 11, 2009 and March 31, 2009. Only current SmartLease lessees planning to purchase or finance another GM vehicle are eligible to receive this bonus. This program applies to all new 2008 & 2009 models, except for the Chevrolet Aveo, Pontiac G3 Wave, Pontiac Vibe, Medium Duty Trucks (including W-Series) and G-Vans. This program can be combined with the reduced finance rates, the finance cash, if financing, or the Retail Delivery Credit, if purchasing cash. This program is applied to the after tax amount. Please consult your dealer for further details.

The Total Package Option program applies to deliveries between February 13, 2009 and June 1, 2009. This program is available to customers purchasing, financing or leasing a new eligible 2008 or 2009 vehicle. The Total Package Option includes a 36 months/60,000km or 48 months/80,000km Maintenance Package (coverage period is model dependant), plus a two year subscription of OnStar with Directions and Connections, plus a two year subscription for the XM Satellite Radio. This program can be combined with the following programs, if available: Car Heaven, GM Card, GMAC Reduced Rate Finance, Finance Cash, Loyalty & Conquest programs but it can not be combined with the 5 year/100,000 km Maintenance Package Option nor the Dealer Cash Alternative Option. Please consult your dealer for further details.

The Dealer Cash Alternative Option/Factory to Dealer Rebate applies to deliveries between February 13, 2009 and June 1, 2009. This rebate is available to customers purchasing, financing or leasing a new eligible 2008 or 2009 vehicle. This program can be combined with the following programs, if available: Car Heaven, GM Card, GMAC Reduced Rate Finance, Finance Cash, Loyalty & Conquest programs but it can not be combined with the Total Package Option program nor the 5 Year/100,000km Maintenance Package. This rebate is applied to the before tax amount. Please consult your dealer for further details.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Ok with these various incentives how does it work in the real world.

When is the cash incentive applied?

Before taxes or after?

After you make your best deal?

If MSRP is $55,000 then best deal is $51,500 then 5,500 off net $46,000 +tax?

I'm sure it's not that straight forward but if anyone knows or has experience fill me in.

Thanks

·
Registered
179 Posts
Canuck said:
Ok with these various incentives how does it work in the real world.

When is the cash incentive applied?

Before taxes or after?

After you make your best deal?

If MSRP is $55,000 then best deal is $51,500 then 5,500 off net $46,000 +tax?

I'm sure it's not that straight forward but if anyone knows or has experience fill me in.

Thanks
Some incentives are before tax and others after tax:

Cash Delivery Allowance/Factory to Dealer Rebate ($5,500) is before tax. Canadian Forces Personnel Appreciation Program is after tax.

The Canadian Forces Personnel Appreciation Program applies to deliveries from January 3, 2009 to January 4, 2010. This program can be combined with retail finance and other cash programs. This program is to be applied to the after tax amount. Please consult your dealer for further details.

The Cash Delivery Allowance/Factory to Dealer Rebate can only be applied to cash purchases and is applied to the before tax amount. Please consult your dealer for further details.

As noted above by IMHIP2, VANOC and Lease Loyalty are applied after tax and Dealer Cash Alternative Option/Factory to Dealer Rebate ($1,000) is before tax.

IMHIP2 and I had explained how the deals worked out for us here: http://www.enclaveforum.net/index.php?topic=4134.msg55981#msg55981

Based on how the deal worked out for me I think you should be able get: assuming your MSRP = $55,000 and Invoice = ~49,600 - incentive 5,500 + markup ~$,1000 = $45,100 + tax. IMHIP2 got a better deal than I did and probably partly due to his was a 2008.

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
577 Posts
Thanks

I asked a follow-up question back in Jan on that thread but I did o tappriciate the before tax, after tax and the fact that you can work for the best deal first. When I see it all on paer (LCD screen) I still find it hard to believe how they are discounting the vehicles.

·
Registered
577 Posts
OK 1 more question.

Invoice is typically what percent below invoice? How much is supplier pricing above invoice?

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Canuck said:
OK 1 more question.

Invoice is typically what percent below invoice? How much is supplier pricing above invoice?
On the base vehicle the mark-up is about 10%. On the options its about 15%.

Not sure how much supplier pricing is. In this market I don't think it's much better than what you can negotiate.

Like vmlts did and as he has shown below just add $1000 over invoice less the incentives they should bite. If they have it on the lot then maybe $350 over invoice at the absolute bottom.

As vmlts stated mine was a 2008 which the dealer had ordered in June and they were ready to deal. I thought vmlts did very well on his purchase because the price he paid for his 2009 was better than I had been quoted.

Good Luck and let us know what and where you end up buying.

Edit - Not sure if you are in Ontario Canuck but Mr. McGuinty has a budget coming down on March 26. If you don't need to take delivery in the next 2 weeks there might be some incentives coming in that budget (I doubt it unless you currently drive an 11 year old car). If you do a deal prior to Mar 26 just arrange for delivery after the 26th and note in the contract that you are to receive any incentives which take effect under the budget.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Going to wait for the Mar 26 budget for sure.

I remember several years ago I think the supplier pricing was about 8%?

·
Registered
256 Posts
Re: Deal sweetened

vmtls said:
Looks like the deal has been further sweetened for cash purchases according to the latest CCC price/incentives update:

Cash Incentives
Cash Delivery Allowance/Factory to Dealer Rebate $5,500.00[/color] June 1, 2009
I have been looking to purchase a new Traverse with the help of a close relative's Employee Pricing and our TD GM Visa points. As far as I know the Cash Delivery Allowance on a Traverse is $3500...I dont know if it has changed in the past week ???...do you know?

Anyways I never even considered an Enclave.

Given the recently improved cash incentive for the Enclave is it ever the case that the comparative price on these 2 Lambdas maybe closer than I imagined?

·
Registered
256 Posts
IMHIP2 said:
Edit - Not sure if you are in Ontario Canuck but Mr. McGuinty has a budget coming down on March 26. If you don't need to take delivery in the next 2 weeks there might be some incentives coming in that budget (I doubt it unless you currently drive an 11 year old car).
We have an 2000 Montana that would right now likely get $1000 max from the dealer on a trade in. *If* there is some 'clunker' incentive coming in this upcoming budget I hope it is a sliding scale given this vehicle is 'only' 9 years young.

·
Registered
256 Posts
vmtls said:
On top there is a $1000 Dealer Cash Alternative option OR the All in one package (June 1).
I dont know why I thought this but I was hoping that the $1000 could replace just the maintenance part of the All in One ie one could still get the 2 year XM and OnStar.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Since the first time I saw a Red Jewel Enclave I was hooked but figured it was outside my budget. This was the result of its winning an award from the Automobile Journalist Association of Canada (AJAC) as best new CUV above $60000 for 2008 with the CX9 winning for under 60K. I figured the CX9 was what I would get but found it small.

I test drove a the Traverse to determine if the Lambda's would even be a consideration. To my surprise I found I really liked it after years of driving Hondas.

I then started to price them and found the Enclave was afordable based on the options I wanted and the discounts given. If I loaded up a Traverse I was at almost the same amount as the Enclave. To me it was no brainer as I liked the looks of the Enclave way more.

If you are serious I would take the $1000 cash alternative. You still get 1 year of Onstar directions and conections and 3 months of XM when you purchase. See if you like them and then decide if it is worth it to pay for them.

With regards to the Montana there may be a loyalty bonus for having another GM vehicle - 9 Years might be outside of the parameters but it can't hurt to ask

Good Luck with your decision

·
Registered
25 Posts
from reading this information i take it that there is an additional 1,00 discout on top of the 5500 , you just have to figure out how to get it from the dealer?

·
Registered
179 Posts
Re: Deal sweetened

copperbeech said:
I have been looking to purchase a new Traverse with the help of a close relative's Employee Pricing and our TD GM Visa points. As far as I know the Cash Delivery Allowance on a Traverse is $3500...I dont know if it has changed in the past week ???...do you know?

Anyways I never even considered an Enclave.

Given the recently improved cash incentive for the Enclave is it ever the case that the comparative price on these 2 Lambdas maybe closer than I imagined?
Not sure about the incentives for the Traverse but it did change for the Enclave recently as noted from CarCost Canada. I used their pricing report for my purchase so I still get e-mail updates on pricing and incentives.

Did not test drive a Traverse but looked at all 4 Lambdas very closely. As for the prices there isn't heck of a lot of difference between the these 4 depending on the options you are looking at, as noted by IMHIP2. We liked Enclave the best exterior/interior wise and of course an additional 1 yr/20,000km of comprehensive warranty.

I believe both vehicles have the same $2,000 redemption limit for GM Visa points.

Good luck with your shopping!

·
Registered
179 Posts
dufysride said:
from reading this information i take it that there is an additional 1,00 discout on top of the 5500 , you just have to figure out how to get it from the dealer?
My understanding is that you get ONE of the following:

$1,000 Dealer Cash Alternative Option/Factory to Dealer Rebate

OR

Total Package Option (Maintenance Package (model dependant) + 2 yr OnStar D&C & XM)

OR

5 Year/100,000km Maintenance Package

·
Registered
256 Posts
IMHIP2 said:
I test drove a the Traverse to determine if the Lambda's would even be a consideration. To my surprise I found I really liked it after years of driving Hondas.

I then started to price them and found the Enclave was afordable based on the options I wanted and the discounts given. If I loaded up a Traverse I was at almost the same amount as the Enclave. To me it was no brainer as I liked the looks of the Enclave way more.
I was surprised that when we test drove the Traverse last month that it drove smaller than it is physically; and good visibility all around.

Maybe if we were going to "load up a Traverse" it might be worth it to move to the Enclave but given that we want only AWD, trailering package, 7 passenger, remote starter and engine block heater I am sure we we will need to stick with the Traverse for cost reasons. It was the extra $1000 Cash incentive on the Enclave over the Traverse that caught my attention.

IMHIP2 said:
If you are serious I would take the $1000 cash alternative. You still get 1 year of Onstar directions and conections and 3 months of XM when you purchase.
Our plan has been to use the $1000 in lieu of the "All in One Package". Although it would have been nice to have the 2 years of OnS and XM.

IMHIP2 said:
With regards to the Montana there may be a loyalty bonus for having another GM vehicle -
The loyalty bonus is only for one coming off a GM lease :mad: . Our Montana is owned outright.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts