EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2009 Buick Enclave, we paid like 4k$ thought it was steal. Apparently I was wrong it has a lot of miles 170k+ But there is no rust no dents no hail damage the interior is nice and I’d love to get this car working correctly. When I first got it it would shudder at about 1800 rpm going up a slight incline in 6th gear. I initially thought the trans was going out and planed to put a new one in... Now it also studders going about 10 mph. then we go for a drive a month or two later and it threw some misfire codeshare well as p000a cam response to slow, p0300 p0302 p0304 p0306 , p0496 valve solenoid, p0011 cam shaft bank 1 to far advanced, p0089 fuel pressure regulator. Can anyone help me make sense of this?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Mine is similar - catalytic is melted down and still having issues after o2 sensors and removing the front cat, I didn't get any cam codes or pressure regulator all my issues are Bank 2

·
Registered
5,970 Posts
P0300 code means that a cylinder(s) is misfiring or is randomly misfiring. Start by checking for intake leaks, intake gaskets are a common cause of multi-cylinder misfiring. If no leak is found the next step is to replace the spark plugs.
P0302 has a vacuum leak, it can be very difficult for it to get the right air/fuel mixture. This will cause the cylinders to misfire and it'll throw the P0302 if the leak is around that specific cylinder on the intake manifold.
P0304 Bad Spark Plugs.
P0306. Take a look at the electrodes and see if they are in good shape. Most vehicles now come with iridium plugs that need changed very infrequently. That being said, the plugs are a great place to start.
Not sure about what to do about the P0000a, P0011, and P089
P0496 evap purge valve. Watch this video, and buy this from parts geek or search for one on ebay. Easy replacement.

You might want to replace the spark plugs, mass airflow sensor, and coil packs as well. I had 0306 and a misfire on cylinder 2, I just changed the coil - haven't had any others creep up on me.
Bonehead move on me. I replaced my engine, but didn't have the mechanic swap out my 2 y.o. coil packs off my old engine to this donor engine. But, all the cam sensors, crankshaft sensor, intake gaskets and timing chains were all replaced with new ones before it was put in.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts