EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think my dealer is playing games with me, but I'd like a few opinions. It was ordered in mid Feb. Then on March 26 I was told I had a tpw of 3/31, car should arrive in 3-3 1/2 weeks (approx 4/18). On 4/8 I asked for a status and was told "its being produced as we speak, I should have a vin tomorrow". On Tuesday last week (a week later) I called to get the vin and finally got one on Thurs, and was now told "car should be by the end of the month". My wife is flipping out on me to just find one off a lot. I did locate a very similar one about 100 miles away. Tralfaz did look into the vin for me but can't pull it up because its a sold order (thanks again!). Any thoughts??

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
The plant has been out on strike since last week. First it was the carpet supplier plant workers out on strike, then it was the Lansing GM employees the next day. If your Enclave is on the production floor it is stuck in limbo until the strike is resolved.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If the vin I have is the real one, the car has already been made, so I wasn't concerned about the strike. Just can't understand what is taking so long and why he keeps pushing back when it will arrive.

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
junior7243 said:
If the vin I have is the real one, the car has already been made, so I wasn't concerned about the strike. Just can't understand what is taking so long and why he keeps pushing back when it will arrive.
During the previous strike last year while I was waiting for mine which apparently resolved NOTHING... there was talk that the teamsters would honor the picket lines and would not pick up completed vehicles. They would deliver what they had on their trucks before the strike etc. If you have a VIN, it is built and is somewhere.

·
Registered
4 Posts
junior7243 said:
I think my dealer is playing games with me, but I'd like a few opinions. It was ordered in mid Feb. Then on March 26 I was told I had a tpw of 3/31, car should arrive in 3-3 1/2 weeks (approx 4/18). On 4/8 I asked for a status and was told "its being produced as we speak, I should have a vin tomorrow". On Tuesday last week (a week later) I called to get the vin and finally got one on Thurs, and was now told "car should be by the end of the month". My wife is flipping out on me to just find one off a lot. I did locate a very similar one about 100 miles away. Tralfaz did look into the vin for me but can't pull it up because its a sold order (thanks again!). Any thoughts??
I ordered my Enclave at the end of February. I think it was Feb. 28 or 29. It was delivered to the dealer around April 9. Not sure why yours is taking so long.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
UPDATE - Dealer called today and he has no clue where the car is. Said the status is listed as "in transit" and it's anyone's guess when it will arrive.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Hey Junior I got my WDT CX on April 17 and it also had a production week of 03/31, shipped on 04/04 and I also live in NJ. My dealer called me on the 16th to say that it arrived and on the 17th he called to make sure that I came in ASAP because he was made aware of the strike and his boss stated that they might not be getting in any more 2008's and that they were considering to not honor any deposits and sell anything that comes in for whatever they could get$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$. Not good business if this happens to a customer but we have noone to thank for this mess but GM.

·
Registered
161 Posts
24fan24-7 said:
Hey Junior I got my WDT CX on April 17 and it also had a production week of 03/31, shipped on 04/04 and I also live in NJ. My dealer called me on the 16th to say that it arrived and on the 17th he called to make sure that I came in ASAP because he was made aware of the strike and his boss stated that they might not be getting in any more 2008's and that they were considering to not honor any deposits and sell anything that comes in for whatever they could get$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$. Not good business if this happens to a customer but we have noone to thank for this mess but GM.
Yeah that would instill loyalty in me.

m

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks. I've come to terms with the fact that I'll have to find one off of a lot and I won't be able to get the Red Jewel/Ebony combination that I wanted. Now I'm going for my second choice which is Carbon/Ebony. At least it seems there are plenty of those available. Last communication from the dealer was that he was calling down to the lot where they are parked to see if it's still there possibly. That does me no good at this point however.

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
24fan24-7 said:
If you ordered this and have a deposit on it then this is pure BS and I would tell them that. This is the craziest thing I have ever heard. Get your car and never go back and make sure you report this crap to GM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
I think I'd be flame -throwing the salesman! :angryfire: ;)

Let's talk harsh reality for a minute. GM dealers are hurting (a lot!) because Americans have abandoned them for Imports, due largely to Consumer Reports hype and disinformation, for years now. (they lied/misrepresented every American auto I've owned for 10 years now!) Sure there are problems with every brand, but the big 3 have had a hatchet job done to them, despite JD Powers and others heralding the Quality of American autos. Many won't even give them a LOOK! American, economic suicide, for us and our grandchildren I fear. Don't mean to preach, but just IMHO........ and maybe some light on your situation. Not blaming you at all.

Now, a big HIT (Enclave) arrives, and some less than 100% ethical Dealers sell to Highest bidder, despite deposits and promises. Surprise!! These guys are hurting, bad. They're closing Ford/GM dealers in my geo, every week! That's business, and monkey business. Crappy, but it is, what it is. Remember the Mazda Miata and Honda S-2000, and Toyota Prius ? Way above retail $$ for awhile. Similar shananigans. So I guess you know what I think may have happened to your Enclave. Hope I'm very wrong. Sorry for your anxiety. I, too, would be wild!

Hang in or look elsewhere. If you can wait, the '09 are close!! And a full year of trade-in /resale value more!! Plus the DFI motor!
Best of luck :thumb: Hope you have some good news for us soon. We love the Enclave! When you finally get it, you will too.

·
Registered
111 Posts
junior7243 said:
UPDATE - Dealer called today and he has no clue where the car is. Said the status is listed as "in transit" and it's anyone's guess when it will arrive.
Have you asked your dealer if your car is among those 200 Enclaves waiting for the John Deere Classic?! ;D

http://www.enclaveforum.net/index.php?topic=2794.0

1 - 12 of 12 Posts