EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi, Just to see if any of you using Android auto is having problems as I am.

I have a 2018 Buick Enclave Essence.

I am having Frequent Android Auto Freezing/Crashing on the Enclave (not the phone) that won't reset until I physically stop the Car and turn off/on after 5 minutes.
It seems going through no-signal areas, and just things like texting or a phone call can randomly (and frequently) cause the android auto on the Enclave's display to freeze up. Even if I power down my phone and re-seat the USB connection the Enclave projection/androidauto remains locked up... Only way to unlock the frozen Aauto on the enclave screen is pull over and turn off the vehicle for 5 minutes. There is NO way to reset the android Auto in motion once it freezes up.. Power cycling phone dosent work, turning A.auto off-on in in Enclave's A.auto settings doesn't fix it. Very frustrating and also dangerous! I'll have navigation lock up in the middle of travel.

Anyone have this or see solutions?
Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
357 Posts
Welcome, mlmcasual. What year is your Enclave, and did the problem just start or has it been that way since you bought it?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome, mlmcasual. What year is your Enclave, and did the problem just start or has it been that way since you bought it?
Hi, sorry... was missing year. (I updated). It's a 2018 Essence. I bought it in January and it started acting up a month ago, though it could have been a problem since purchase that I just didn't see untill going into internet dead zones ... which is where the crashing seems to happen.

·
Super Moderator
357 Posts
I suppose a bad internet connection could cause the system to glitch, but I would think an error message would pop up. Try using the app in an area that has a good connection and see if it still crashes. You might also try a different USB cable.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts