EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up mine yesterday. Not the best day to do so (people in Northeast would understand) due to some weather issues. But it gave me a chance to test it for leaks and to see how it handles in some serious puddles.

Oh, the stats: FWD CXL, cocoa, with sunroofs, confidence and trailer package. Took about 8 weeks to get. Paid $100 over invoice, no ad fees. :thumb:

It was not the best buying experience plus they basically pushed me out the door after I signed the paperwork. They did show how to operate the radio. I guess that's why cars come with manuals ;D

I was promised a full tank of gas if I return my survey with only high marks. I guess I will be buying my own gas :).

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
chumster said:
I was promised a full tank of gas if I return my survey with only high marks. I guess I will be buying my own gas :).
That is about the sleaziest thing I have heard to date on this site....When they are doing stuff like this, how do the surveys mean anything. Here is a novel idea, do a good job, keep your customer happy and get good surveys...let's see, that or bribe them with a tank of gas....I like the gas idea Phill, let's go with that...

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Congratulations Chumster! Sounds like you got a good deal, which I guess makes up for the shoddy treatment. Advice on the survery: Be Honest. It will be good for everyone involved (plus make you feel better). I agree with Bsox..."do a good job, keep your customer happy and get good surveys..."

Just FYI. I got a full tank of gas and they earned the good report.
[/color] :cheers:

·
Registered
758 Posts
Yeah, what a difference our dealer was a dream. And believe it or not, my wife wants to move back to New Jersey!

Our local dealer:

1. Got us first in line for his allotment for the Enclave
2. Took no contract, deposit, or signature - just a handshake
3. Helped us get the discount available so we got the car for invoice after all was said and done.
4. Made every effort to get us the car the day it arrived, and it worked.
5. Financing was a snap - he has a good relationship with our bank and got the loan through easily for a great rate.
6. The owner works in the service department and makes sure everyone is satisfied. Parts are sold at discount.

The best dealer I've ever had for the buying experience, although the Louisville Mercedes guy is second on the list. And I've seen a bunch of dealers up and down the upper East Coast.

New Jersey is New Jersey. Fuggetaboutit! Go Giants!

TM

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Update:

The sales person just called to find out if I like the ride.

And then reminded me that the survey is coming and asked me to bring it to him BLANK! In return I would get "an oil change or something".

Bsox, do you think this is even more sleazy??

·
Premium Member
7,065 Posts
My NJ dealer was not sleazy like this guy, quite the contrary.
Of course, I paid more, but I got what I paid for. My dealer has earned excellent marks on every survey. After all, I have purchased 4 cars from him, and referred as many purchasing customers to him also.
Keep in mind that I generally do not fill out surveys, but I will for him because he earns it.
I also get perks like a free loaner car when having my Buick serviced, for as long as I own my car!!
As I have found, the best price is not always the best value.

·
Premium Member
1,997 Posts
chumster said:
Update:

The sales person just called to find out if I like the ride.

And then reminded me that the survey is coming and asked me to bring it to him BLANK! In return I would get "an oil change or something".

Bsox, do you think this is even more sleazy??
I think that's sleazy. I'm Bsox's proxy. He's in hiding because his next post officially makes him a freak. :happy:

·
Premium Member
7,065 Posts
axiama said:
I think that's sleazy. I'm Bsox's proxy. He's in hiding because his next post officially makes him a freak. :happy:
c'mon bsox.............we are waiting for you in freakdom :angryfire: :angryfire: :cheers:

·
Registered
83 Posts
I got a voicemail from my dealer today also asking how I liked the vehicle and saying he needed a copy of my drivers license. This guy is driving me nuts. I have been waiting since Monday for him to call me back with a new quote on installation of my chrome assist steps (originally quoted $273 and I informed him I read on this site it should be more like $75 to $150). He never calls back when it is something I want but always when it is something he wants (i.e. survey or a new copy of my drivers license in this case). I wanted to see how much I was being gouged by my dealer on the price, so I called four other dealers in the area. Prices $60 - $100, $100, $150 and $176. Amazing how different they can be. Anyway, back to the point... I am going in this afternoon with my license and a list of constructive feedback he can improve on. No way I can give top marks on the survey. Why do we let these guys pressure us? They need to learn what they can do to be better.

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
axiama said:
Thank you Ms. Axiama for standing in...you were correct, I was trying to avoid the obvious, but I have to say from a

[/color][size=10pt]COMPLETE FREAK[/color][/size][/color]

that the blank survery does win the OFFICIAL BSOX SLEAZE award......

Thank you. (nominations may still be submitted for the grand prize award offering later this year).

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I am not pressured at all. I can pay for the oil change (defintely at a different dealership though).

They are getting themarks they earned. And they will not be happy :angryfire:

BTW Bsox, what did I win? :blob:

·
Registered
83 Posts
Sorry Chumster. I guess I was speaking for myself on the being pressured point. I feel very pressured and have been struggling over how to handle it. I decided yesterday the way to go was be honest, even if it upsets them.

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
Well Mr. Chumster, apparently you did not read the official rules listed in the small print of your entry form. ;D There is no prize associated with the award other than your personal pride and satisfaction in knowing you have won. :thumb: There was, however, a purchased required to enter the contest. :angryfire: Also if you note, the Grand Prize will not be announced or rewarded until the end of the year (which by then I am hopeful that you will forget that a prize has been offered) :friday:...For now you should know that you have won the admiration of all fellow Enclave forum members for having purchased your vehicle from someone with absolutely no morals or business acumen (hey thats a pretty fancy word for a FREAK) whatsoever. :banana: :banana: I personally think you should call them up and :argue: and then give them a :moon: and as you said, take your business elsewhere because they are full of :bs:

·
Premium Member
7,065 Posts
chumster said:
I am not pressured at all. I can pay for the oil change (defintely at a different dealership though).

They are getting themarks they earned. And they will not be happy :angryfire:

BTW Bsox, what did I win? :blob:
That's strange, my surveys always come in the mail directly from Buick, NEVER handed to me by the dealer.
Something sounds fishy here.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Sorry, perhaps I misguided you. :-[

I do not have the survey yet, it is coming in the mail.

The dealer was just "prepping" me. I wish he spent that much time informing me on the status of my order...

·
Premium Member
7,065 Posts
I have filled out plenty of these surveys, and I always mail them directly back to Buick.
That's pretty low, bribing you with a tank of gas.

MRBUICK

·
Registered
758 Posts
The usual line I get from a dealer is to call them first before filling out the survey if anything other than "excellent" is to be put on it, so they can correct it. Not as sleazy but seems to prime the survey's a bit.

Congrats to bsox for earning the "freak" award!

TM

·
Premium Member
1,997 Posts
bsox said:
Thank you Ms. Axiama for standing in...you were correct, I was trying to avoid the obvious, but I have to say from a

[/color][size=10pt]COMPLETE FREAK[/color][/size][/color]

:woot: :party:

Congrats!

·
Registered
26 Posts
I also picked up my new Enclave this past Wednesday, also in NJ. Dealer was ok, nothing great, but no problems. He accepted my supplier discount and was honest about alocation date. The order was actually placed 1/10 and was at my NJ Dealer 2/12. The Carbon Black CXL is awesome and drives smoother than any car I have owned. Hopefully it will continue to run without problems for a good long time. The trans seems to shift perfectly.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Whoopeeee! Bsox is now officially an Enclave FREAKINOID!![/color]

I have filled out 3 surveys so far. ONE on-line for Buick/GM, TWO by mail from the dealership and THREE by mail for GM, over about a 2 1/2 to 3 month period. I have nothing but good things to say. My dealership was near perfect. The only mention of wanting a good score on the survey was from the salesman when I took delivery and all that was said, with a handshake was, if you're happy with my service and our dealership, please say so in the survey. No begging, no whinning. He knew he did a good job and that I was very pleased, so he didn't have to try to "bribe" me for a good report. And that's the way it should be.[/color]

1 - 20 of 27 Posts