EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First, the good news. Automotive News reports that GM has found more American Axle-made suspension-related knuckles. That means the American automaker can withstand the knock-on effects of the American Axle (AA) strike and keep making the Chevrolet Malibu at its Fairfax assembly plant for an "extra" week-- until April 18th. (The idea that GM doesn't have an accurate tally of its parts inventory is deeply worrying, but not, let's face it, entirely surprising.)

Now, the bad news: Automotive News reports that workers at three United Auto Workers' locals-- Arlington, Texas (Cadillac Escalade, Chevrolet Tahoe, GMC Yukon); Delta Township, Mich. (GMC Acadia, Saturn Outlook, Buick Enclave); and Parma, Ohio (metal stamping)-- have filed five-day strike notices over... no one is saying. "GM spokesman Dan Flores would not comment on the specifics of the notices. But he cautioned that issues negotiated under last year's national agreement could not cause a local strike." The shot across the locals' collective bow indicates that local union members may be unhappy with new, two-tier wage demarcations-- even though the labor bosses signed-off on them. We'll keep you posted.

Source: Automotive News

·
Registered
111 Posts
Whew, thank goodness I got my Enclave four weeks early, or perhaps it could have been a longer wait...

I am picking Belle up Saturday afternoon!!

·
Registered
644 Posts
Even a brief strike could have far-reaching implications. I'm disgusted. This level of self-focus on the part of the unions reveals total ignorance on so many levels and will only serve to diminish their influence. Even from a selfish perspective on their part, this is poorly timed and will ultimately cause problems for them. Let's see, where are those other brochures........................

BB

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
So what did last years strike do? Thought agreements had been made to make GM sound for years!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
That's it. If they go on strike and delay my already back ordered Enclave, I'll be forced to buy something else, probably from Japan. Why are the unions shooting themselves in the foot? It makes no sense.

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
jvite,

This is an older thread, they did indeed go on strike, seemed to last 4-5 weeks, it is settled now (for a little while anyway until they decide they need 6 ply toilet paper instead of 4), and they should be back to production sometime this week.

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
bsox said:
jvite,

it is settled now (for a little while anyway until they decide they need 6 ply toilet paper instead of 4), and they should be back to production sometime this week.
Hey, be fair. They make 6 ply TP at LDT on third shift so shouldn't they be able to have 6 ply themselves?

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
zman said:
Hey, be fair. They make 6 ply TP at LDT on third shift so shouldn't they be able to have 6 ply themselves?
LMAO, that one made me laugh out loud. Thanks for that.

·
Premium Member
7,065 Posts
cut the crap

1 - 10 of 10 Posts