EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just purchased a 2011 enclave. 38600 miles. The radio seems fine when the key is on acc.when the engine starts I lose reception. Something is causing interference. From what I've seen it could be a bad antenna base. How can I find the GM part number? The radio is basic without touch screen or GPS. Is this the one I need? 25889652-Radio Antenna Base
ok... I found one on Amazon $55 with free shipping. My radio is just a radio not the screen with gps. So after entering my vin I found that there are two. I believe I got the one for my needs. Looking at the new base I see some Philip's screws, that tells me something is inside...perhaps a circuit board? Also genuine GM part made in China. What's in there that failed....When I take the old one out I plan to open it up and see...
Taking the back section of the headliner seems possible....more pictures and information as I go deeper into this mystery...🕵️‍♂️
20210119_192134.jpg so I went deeper only to find I got the wrong part..
20210120_135358.jpg 20210120_125245.jpg 20210120_130132.jpg 20210120_132014.jpg 20210120_133322.jpg

·
Super Moderator
671 Posts
You lose reception entirely or you're getting alternator whine through the speakers on top of the radio signal? Whine is almost always a bad ground.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Actually AM is fine. I can pick up the strongest FM local stations. On ACC I can scan lots of FM stations but when I start the engine those fad away and again I only get the very local towers. I exchanged the wrong part for the correct antenna through Amazon. The price was more and free shipping/ returns....we will see.😎

While waiting for the correct part I found this information. I guess that there is an amplifier in there...

What does this mean? B125A 02 Antenna Signal Circuit Short to Ground B125A 04 Antenna Signal Circuit Open Circuit Poor AM and FM radio reception may be due to multiple influences, some of which may not be vehicle related. Areas which have high RF traffic or block the signal path may cause a degradation in radio reception. Radio reception may also be influenced by items within the vehicle, but not part of the radio system. Such examples are aftermarket electrical accessories or other items which may generate noise in the vehicle electrical system. Aftermarket window tinting, especially when there is a metallic in the film, may reduce radio reception. AM reception is highly dependent on the antenna amplifier receiving battery voltage from the radio and being properly grounded. The antenna base has a built in antenna amplifier that boosts both AM and FM reception. When the antenna amplifier does not receive power, AM stations may not be received and FM reception will be limited. If the antenna base is not properly grounded, excessive interference in the signal may occur or reception may be limited.

Read more: B125a Buick - Antenna Signal Circuit
Well I got the correct part however I found it very difficult to get the connections off the old one. They are locked into clips that I couldn't remove or loosen. I suppose if you take the headliner down further you could get more access. I just gave up and rebolted the old base on.
Works just fine until the engine starts. Cd works fine.
Checked battery it’s ok.
I don’t think it’s the radio
I don’t think it’s the antenna
Next I will remove the radio to see the connections
I pulled the radio...fairly simple process, however everything looked good ..connections just fine.
Today however I heard the rear fan was on it seemed on high too. This is located from the second row seating temperature control. (Since we just bought this suv I am still discovering things) I turned off the fan and the radio interference went away. AMAZING 🤔🕵️‍♂️ FM improved XM signal was present...
All morning it was fine and now it's back....stumped again...

Got stations back after an airport drop off. I will check again tomorrow. Must be a short or bad connection where everything goes into that Xm box where the jack is...
Got a new antenna mast to also try.

So this is so weird. It seems to be working again for the past few days.
The only thing I changed was the FAV selection from 1 to 6..seems to be picking up the FM stations just like it should...🤯 now it doesn't again..

So if ya'll read through this you're probably as confused as I am... my latest try is the box in the back on the driver's side. Since this only occurs when the car is running I checked the connectors and they seem in place. However when I move the wires around the reception improves. So I think I may be on to something here, just gotta track it down now...darn gremlins...
This one is 2011 with 39500 miles..

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well just did a road trip from Florida to Tennessee...sometimes the FM reception was good mainly around large cities and would stay even more in the country..other times I would lose it...when I get the FM I get the XM signal...when I lose it I lose both.

·
Registered
45 Posts
We are having a similar issue with our 2015 Enclave. We bought it used in 2019 and I noticed the antenna was broken on the roof. The dealer replaced it. There is a station roughly 50 miles away that is decent when driving in our town but when we drive about 20-ish miles farther to a different town the signal drops. Local stations are better but eventually they all drop as I drive away.

I will be checking the amplifier fuse.

P.S. Both stations are picked up nice and strong in my 2011 Silverado.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts