EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Enclave is still on order. I was looking at pics of the Enclave and noticed the antenna sticks up pretty high from the top of the roof. I'm a little concerned about it fitting in my garage! I located the height of the Enclave from the specs sheet, but I don't think that measurement accounts for the antenna.

Can someone who has their Enclave measure from the ground to the top of the antenna, please? :help:

·
Registered
360 Posts
I posted a similar question in the tech section regarding roof rails and relationship to antenna. Hopefully we can someone with a tape measure to give us the info. :help: :help: :thumb:

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
One more question. Is it flexible at all or is it really stiff?

BTW, Nice color Enclave Miacom!

·
Registered
360 Posts
miacom, thanks for the info, it really helps.
NOLA, the antenna is pretty flexible at the distal end, gets stiffer as it gets to the roof end. :cheers:

·
Registered
317 Posts
Hey, should I :hijacked: this thread and comment on NOLA Saints reply above? ;)
I keep thinking this belongs with the back seat thread that Big Larry started several days ago. :angel:

·
Registered
7 Posts
I hate to dig up an old thread, but I didnt see an answer to the original question, and I have the same question. What is the overall height of the Enclave, floor to tip of Antenna? I realize that from the roof to top of the antenna is 8" or so, but it appears that the roof section in that area is not the highest part of the vehicle, and I just want to make sure I have enough clearance in my garage door.

·
Registered
53 Posts
From the top of the antenna to the ground is about 6'6" and from the top of the open liftgate to the ground is about 7'2" (make sure your garage has clearance). The antenna is flexible and can be removed (or stolen) by simply unscrewing it. It is the antenna for AM, FM, XM, OnStar, and car phone. From the ground to the side rails is about 6'.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
5,041 Posts
DaveE said:
From the top of the antenna to the ground is about 6'6" and from the top of the open liftgate to the ground is about 7'2" (make sure your garage has clearance). The antenna is flexible and can be removed (or stolen) by simply unscrewing it. It is the antenna for AM, FM, XM, OnStar, and car phone. From the ground to the side rails is about 6'.

Hope this helps.
Never gave a thought to the liftgate until the first time I opened it & stood transfixed until it stopped about two inches short of the ceiling... Whew!

·
Registered
7 Posts
DaveE said:

Hope this helps.
Thanks very much for those. I will measure and make sure an Enclave will fit in my garage. I would hate to park it outdoors, especially in the winters of Michigan (thats September through May).

·
Registered
159 Posts
The Enclave is no wimp! I have no garage and the Crimson Crusader does just fine. Have lived here in Michigan for 62 yrs. the last 40 in this house and have never had a garage. When my daughter was 12 we had the choice of a garage or an inground swimming pool. You guessed it. The upshot is that I have never had a car in a garage and never had any trouble due to the snow or cold.

·
Registered
435 Posts
62 years? I've lived in Brooklyn...no garage, either, for 69 years! Cars parked on both sides of the street, garbage trucks (oops, sanitation trucks), ambulances, fire engines, car thieves...you name it! It's a tough car...not a wimp!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts