EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The radio antenna on the back of my Enclave catches my garage door. When I back out, it bends and goes "TWACK".

I had someone watch me back out of my garage and they said that if the antenna was 1" shorter, it would not catch the bottom of the door.

I removed the antenna when I took the Enclave to the car wash recently. I was still able to receive XM and OnStar, but not FM/AM.

I have three options here:

1. Find out if there is a place (local or on-line) where I could buy a shorter antenna (thus, the reason for this post)
2. Reconfigure my garage door opener to pull the garage door up a little further (can that even be done?)
3. Learn to live with it. But I fear that over time, the antenna will be damaged.

Has anyone replaced their antenna on their Enclave with a shorter model?

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
I know most garage door openers can be adjusted to open more/less. Is it possible to simply adjust your door to open a greater amount? If you are hitting the door and not the frame this may be an option.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Perhaps you can just cut off the last inch? Kinda like a bris gone bad.....

But zman's idea is probably better. It's usually just a matter of adjusting one screw on the door opener to control how far up the door opens.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Turn the screw that says "upward travel" clockwise, a 1/2 turn and try the door again! Some have mechanical (nuts & bolts) adjustments at the hook-up bar , on the door, as well.

DON'T cut the antenna! It's designed for a certain wave length!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts