EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to buy an Enclave in the Vancouver BC area. Test driven one, been to a few dealerships. Not much stock out there (some dealers have 3-4, others have 1-2, some have none). Maybe its the tight supply, but the one dealer (which had 4) told me: "we can negotiate down a few hundred and thats it". Umm .. yah. No deal there buddy. Almost every salesperson I talk to says "we can go down a bit, but not much"

So, any Canadians around that have bought one? Where from and how much did you get it for? What was your buying experience like?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just put down an order yesterday. I was told to wait until mid Nov for delivery. I am in Ontario.
Enclave FWD CX. Red Jewel, Conv pkg.
MSRP: 43250.
I got:
Supplier price: 40793
Admin:399
Gas:75
plus the 14% tax. :angryfire:
No intencive at this moment.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ahh, those **** taxes. 13% here in BC.

Is the supplier price the same as the dealer invoice price? I too am looking for a CX, with only 1 option: leather seats. CCC lists dealer invoice at just under 40k. Hoping to use that as leverage, if I dont breakdown and get an Acura MDX (immediate delivery, vs. wait for an enclave). How soon did they say your Enclave would come in? Some dealers tell me 8 weeks, I had one say 12 weeks and one even said 16 weeks.

·
Registered
743 Posts
snooty said:

Is the supplier price the same as the dealer invoice price? I too am looking for a CX, with only 1 option: leather seats. CCC lists dealer invoice at just under 40k. Hoping to use that as leverage, if I dont breakdown and get an Acura MDX (immediate delivery, vs. wait for an enclave). How soon did they say your Enclave would come in? Some dealers tell me 8 weeks, I had one say 12 weeks and one even said 16 weeks.
I've waited 14 Weeks and GM hasn't picked up my order Yet !

·
Registered
116 Posts
I think we paid 55k CAD - all options, CXL, chrome wheels, etc. We got one in a few days. This is Windsor, ON - not sure if the location has anything to do with it. The closer you are to Lansing?!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Blue CXL with all but nav, sunroof and hitch. List 55,000 paid 50,350. It has 210 k on it but who cares it was exacally what I wanted. Small town Alberta here.

Ted

·
Registered
32 Posts
snooty said:

I think Supplier Price is 5% over Invoice Price and MSRP is looking about 11% over Invoice in Canada.

I was told that it might be as long as 8 months (probably 4) in Canada as some of our units were being allocated to the US.

·
Registered
577 Posts
I heard that the supplier was 4% over invoice from several dealers. So I say we split the difference and give it to me 2% over invoice. Compensate for an over inflated list price.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
wait a sec tedp,

Did you say you have a CXL with 210k on it? 210,000 kilometres? WTF? Was the CXL driven to the moon and back or something?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
cagg,

so did you put some sort of deposit down? how much and is it refundable .. i.e. if it takes way longer to deliver than their estimage, do you have any possibility of opting out of the deal?

·
Registered
32 Posts
snooty said:
cagg,

so did you put some sort of deposit down? how much and is it refundable .. i.e. if it takes way longer to deliver than their estimage, do you have any possibility of opting out of the deal?
I didn't put anything down when I ordered mine. I don't know if this is a dealer policy or a gm policy. I think in this case, they know they can move the car if I walk away.

In the case of waiting a long time...It also may hurt the dealer who has guaranteed your trade-in price.

·
Registered
2 Posts
210 kilometers ........

Ted

snooty said:
wait a sec tedp,

Did you say you have a CXL with 210k on it? 210,000 kilometres? WTF? Was the CXL driven to the moon and back or something?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
210km, my bad. not 210k km.

Anyway, i have probed around for prices in BC. Best offer was 3000 over invoice. ouch. just not enough stock out here, they disappear fast, so dealers are not willing to drop the price much.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Snooty. I put $500 down. The ETA is about mid November. I did not think of opting out as we are really like it.
BTW, the supplier price is ~4% over CCC's whole sale price. MSRP is ~11% over the price.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Just curious, any Canadian owners who has an enclave now, did you order it, and how long was the wait??? I am getting nervous as many people on this board are posting horrors about dealers promising and not delivering on ordered enclaves and delivery times.
We have on order a white opal AWD CXL loaded, and were told to expect delivery mid Oct (we are in Ontario). So we are trying to keep low KM on the trade in (05 Durango), but if delivery of our enclave is going to be longer than that, then the dealership is SOL with me keeping KM's off the trade in.

·
Registered
577 Posts
I'm sure orders to Ontario Canada go to the head of the line. Depending on vehicle and options they are making at least an additional 25-30% profit over US shipments yes 25-30%. Loaded CXL in US is about $45,500-46,000 MSRP in Canada $59,200 (approximate in both cases but close) the dollar is within $0.02 and has been within $ 0.1 for almost a year.

I'm sure all normal ways (legal) are being block by GM either initially or after sales service to make it impossible for the normal person to take advantage.

·
Registered
32 Posts
paulhill said:
Just curious, any Canadian owners who has an enclave now, did you order it, and how long was the wait??? I am getting nervous as many people on this board are posting horrors about dealers promising and not delivering on ordered enclaves and delivery times.
We have on order a white opal AWD CXL loaded , and were told to expect delivery mid Oct (we are in Ontario). So we are trying to keep low KM on the trade in (05 Durango), but if delivery of our enclave is going to be longer than that, then the dealership is SOL with me keeping KM's off the trade in.
I ordered the middle of August and was told to expect the end of the year :-\ Maybe my dealer was the other way...promise long, deliver short.

·
Registered
7 Posts
WE are now at almost 1 can for 1 US ... do I really want to order my enclave in Canada to pay a premium of about 25% ???? This is insane ... ALL car manufacturer have to react on their price list .. not only GM. But I don't care about other .. I want an enclave only. :)

·
Registered
577 Posts
I'm not looking for parity but a move in the direction. The $CND has been below the 25% for a long time but the difference in Auto prices have not moved.

I think the fact that the 3 yrs interest rates are 1.9% is one way GM is trying to make it more attractive.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I ordered mine (CX 7seat cloth, trailer and convenience packages) on July 30. According to the dealer, it should get it in the beginning of October. I hope he's right. I put $700 as deposit, not sure if it made any difference.
After getting quotes from CarCost and APA, I was able to get a relatively good deal my local dealer (Meadow Mills in Mississauga) - $709/month lease with $0 down and $739 on delivery, which roughly translates to $1800-2000 off MSRP.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts