EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking at all the auto blogs for years. When I first saw the early views of the Enclave concept, I thought it was the best looking CUV I have seen and have followed it from conception to the dealers lot.

I currently own a 2004 Lincoln Aviator AWD with only 30,000 miles on it. My fiancee just purchased the new 2007 Acura MDX which is a fantastic vehicle. Obviously, I have no desire to purchase the same vehicle as hers when it comes time, so the Enclave is at the top of my short list.

Financed my Aviator for 5 years thru Ford Motor credit with 0% financing, so it's hard for me to run out the door and indulge new car fever, with this free money vehicle with low mileage on it sitting in my garage... Plus I love the Aviator... I think Lincoln made a mistake in canceling it. There are no truck based midsized SUV's in the luxury realm, except for the Lexus GX and that one just doesn't do it for me at all.

Anyways, Buick adds that small V8 to next years model (rumored Super version) and I'll be placing my order. But first I want to see what the Infiniti FX-37 looks like at the Geneva auto show in the spring.

Thanks again, enjoyed reading all of your insights into a great automobile. Just turned 40 and never thought I would be drooling over a Buick!

The scoop below is three or four months old now. Anything more recent?

A snippet from a June 2007 article in Motor Trend speculates on GM's plans for the Enclave.

GM is planning an Enclave Super, though it won't yet confirm the four-porthole, V-8 version. It looks to be a 2010 model with GM's upcoming new DOHC engine-let's call it the "high-feature V-8"-likely 5.0-plus liters with gas direct-injection and variable-valve timing for better power and economy. With higher CAFE standards inevitable, it'll be low-volume, possibly with the Enclave the only Lambda to get the engine, another potential feather in Buick's differentiation cap. The V-6 will get more power and torque, too, as soon as GM can build more direct-injection 3.6s like the one premiering in the 302-horsepower 2008 Cadillac STS.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Rollin Thunder said:
i havent heard anything but i would like more info on this too.
In order for me to totally embrace the Enclave, it's going to need more oomph in the engine department. That V6 just isn't doing it for me. They put in a small V8 that gets similar gas mileage (which it should) and I'm on board.

The other thing I'm slightly worried about is if this vehicle is viewed more as a vehicle for soccer moms. Already around Lafayette, La., there have been a ton of GMC Acadia and Saturn Outlooks sold. I mean a lot of them! And whenever I see them on the streets, they are being driven by women.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,065 Posts
Do you happen to have something against women drivers? My wife just happens to be one ;D :angel:
But seriously, I find the power available on the Enclave to be ample, having owned it for 3 months. Maybe because I am not a lead foot driver.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,997 Posts
I think you're going to see lots of women driving these vehicles as they are replacing minivans and SUV's. And watch the soccer mom talk. Some of us are still adjusting to our newly acquired Buick-driving-soccer mom status. ;D ;D
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,065 Posts
MRBUICK said:
Do you happen to have something against women drivers? My wife just happens to be one ;D :angel:
But seriously, I find the power available on the Enclave to be ample, having owned it for 3 months. Maybe because I am not a lead foot driver.
and by the way, it is my wife's car, who just happens to be a woman. MRSBUICK lets me drive it sometimes. 8)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
577 Posts
In Canada drivers of sport vehicles are refered to ask Hockey Parents or Hockey moms etc.... I hope everyone kows what hockey is ice,stick, puck etc

In the US I word have thought it would have been called Footbal Moms, or baseball mobiles or basketball bus.....

Just wondering why it is called Soccer Moms :cheers:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
154 Posts
I think its because almost all little kids here play soccer through AYSO, starting at around 5, while the other sports are more specialized and start at a later Age? Just my guess as a current soccer mom and a 10 year veteran of AYSO years and years ago...
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,065 Posts
lisaoleary said:
I think its because almost all little kids here play soccer through AYSO, starting at around 5, while the other sports are more specialized and start at a later date? Just my guess as a current soccer mom and a 10 year veteran of AYSO years and years ago...
What is AYSO? Is that a left coast thing?
I am a NON sports person......but I do know the Yankees play football, or is that baseball, or is that hockey??? :cheers:
 
G

·
MRBUICK said:
What is AYSO? Is that a left coast thing?
I am a NON sports person......but I do know the Yankees play football, or is that baseball, or is that hockey??? :cheers:
i dont know ayso, and i am a sports fan.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
axiama said:
I think you're going to see lots of women driving these vehicles as they are replacing minivans and SUV's. And watch the soccer mom talk. Some of us are still adjusting to our newly acquired Buick-driving-soccer mom status. ;D ;D
Nothing against women drivers... Like I said, my fiancee' has the new 2007 MDX... I just want something sporty and yes... manly... Don't want to be one of the 10% of men who are driving these CUV's and the other 90% being junior leaguers... not the image, I'm wanting portray with a luxury CUV. hahahahahaha
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
222 Posts
We're with USA Swmming. I am a Swim Mom ;D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
249 Posts
As with almost any items in this world, something better will always going to come up. Sooner or later you gonna have to jump in. If you don't see it on any spy shots, reports, or reviews, most likely the features we're talking about will not come up until at least for two more years. Waiting to buy a car for two years is a long time (unless you don't need one). By then another model will sure have better options than what we have now. They will improve the Enclave. So will the Acadias, Denalis, Escalades, MDXs, and the rest. When will you jump in? ???
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
69 Posts
Hey Canuck we know what hockey is. In fact two US lads just got chosen this past June as the top two draft choices in the NHL. What I want to know is why you Canadians have such a feeble section for Bobby Orr in the Hockey Hall of Fame in Toronto. The real Great One!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
577 Posts
tuberosa said:
Hey Canuck we know what hockey is. In fact two US lads just got chosen this past June as the top two draft choices in the NHL. What I want to know is why you Canadians have such a feeble section for Bobby Orr in the Hockey Hall of Fame in Toronto. The real Great One!
Just remember individuals do not make a team. I believe both draft picks play in the Canadian Junior league not sure.
Remember there is no I in team. So we will see how it works out. Bobby Orr was ahead of his time and ahead of mass media.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
69 Posts
OK last hockey off topic reply. Actually both Kane and vanRiemsdyk played for the US National Under 18 team where they led the US to the IIHF world championship in 2006. They did wind up with the bronze at the World Juniors in 07, yes I know who took the gold. You are partially correct about playing Canadian Jrs. Kane will play for the London Knights if he doesn't make the Black Hawks. VanRiemsdyk has already committed to play for the University of NH, putting off the pro career for the moment.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
FlavaClav said:
As with almost any items in this world, something better will always going to come up. Sooner or later you gonna have to jump in. If you don't see it on any spy shots, reports, or reviews, most likely the features we're talking about will not come up until at least for two more years. Waiting to buy a car for two years is a long time (unless you don't need one). By then another model will sure have better options than what we have now. They will improve the Enclave. So will the Acadias, Denalis, Escalades, MDXs, and the rest. When will you jump in? ???
Yes, my vehicle only has 30k miles on it. In no hurry, i'm patient to get what I want. I have a feeling the FX37 or FX50 for next summer is going to be the ticket for me. I love the FX35/FX45 but it's long in the tooth and I don't want to be sick when it's replaced next summer. Fiancee has 07 MDX so that's not an option. Enclave is in play only if there is a super edition next year like is seriously rumored. That vehicle is heavy... no V8 is a no geaux for me... Plus I want the better shifting transmission that would go with the V8. .
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
184 Posts
We aren't big on Soccer. I'm a Baseball Mom and Cheer Mom!!
Can't wait to pull up in the fields..
I will be driving it a majority of the time..but, when my husband isn't working, he will be the one who will drive.
 
G

·
Cajun_Mike said:
Yes, my vehicle only has 30k miles on it. In no hurry, i'm patient to get what I want. I have a feeling the FX37 or FX50 for next summer is going to be the ticket for me. I love the FX35/FX45 but it's long in the tooth and I don't want to be sick when it's replaced next summer. Fiancee has 07 MDX so that's not an option. Enclave is in play only if there is a super edition next year like is seriously rumored. That vehicle is heavy... no V8 is a no geaux for me... Plus I want the better shifting transmission that would go with the V8. .
well call me irresponsible , but i like to buy new and when somthing new comes out go trade it and buy that, thats just kinda how i am, i need the latest and greatest there is. The only truck i will never sell, give to reletive, or what ever is my yukon.
 
1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Top