EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Love this car, hate this feature. It took half my enjoyment of this car away.

Just bought this new baby, I thought I could turn it off, since I saw it in envision. but I was wrong.
even the cheapest car has the button, but not this flagship.

Really mad about salesman at dealer who did not tell me that.

·
Super Moderator
301 Posts
There are a couple of work-arounds for this. One of them may or may not work on the newer models. Do a search on this forum for more information. For now, you can put in in Low range and paddle all the way up. That will prevent it from stopping until you shut off the engine.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Yep, it's idiotic that there is no Off button.

Simply disconnect the hood latch sensor, or install a Smart Stop Start module. Unfortunately disconnecting the sensor keeps the Check Engine light on, but it's the easiest and cheapest solution. I've had mine disconnected for two years.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There are a couple of work-arounds for this. One of them may or may not work on the newer models. Do a search on this forum for more information. For now, you can put in in Low range and paddle all the way up. That will prevent it from stopping until you shut off the engine.
Driving in L mode, will it hurt the car in long run?

·
Super Moderator
301 Posts
It won't hurt it at all. Just remember to paddle shift it all the way up. It will still auto shift up and down as necessary. When you're out of traffic you can shift back to Drive if you want to but it makes no difference.

·
Registered
6 Posts
salesman told me of the shift to low at stop then back in drive as you continue. Also mines doesn't active if when i stop i momentarily let it creep forward

·
Registered
11 Posts
I am curious why so many want to disconnect this feature. According to the Society of Automotive Engineers it does save fuel by 3-5%. Is it just simply because some just don't like being told what to do? Other than wanting to get off the line quickly (why you would feel the need to do this in an Enclave is beyond me), it really has little or no effect on drivability in my opinion. Plus you really don't need to shift into Low, etc. Simply momentarily letting pressure off the brake pedal slightly will do the trick.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Answered already. Please read thread. People like myself simply don’t like the driving experience. Please understand that people have different perspectives on this feature. To each his own, right?

·
Registered
214 Posts
I am curious why so many want to disconnect this feature. According to the Society of Automotive Engineers it does save fuel by 3-5%. Is it just simply because some just don't like being told what to do? Other than wanting to get off the line quickly (why you would feel the need to do this in an Enclave is beyond me), it really has little or no effect on drivability in my opinion. Plus you really don't need to shift into Low, etc. Simply momentarily letting pressure off the brake pedal slightly will do the trick.
Auto stop/start does not save any appreciable amount of fuel under real-world conditions, adds cost and complexity, uneccessarily cycles the engine, starter, and other components hundreds or thousands of times more than normal which significantly increases stress and wear and tear, can be dangerous or at least unnerving in some situations, decreases the effectiveness of the HVAC system, and is annoying.

·
Registered
419 Posts
LOL

1 - 11 of 11 Posts