EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a CXL with 115k miles, original TC. Also original owner. Managed to avoid most out of pocket repairs with GM extended coverage bulletins and DIY fixes.

This week the E was acting up. First a bad misfire which cleared up, no codes. Next the DIC started dimming, which also cleared up. Now the oil pressure light came on and also resolved itself next drive cycle.

I assume pressure sensor and plugs&coils need to be replaced, which is about $300 out of pocket DIY. Not sure about the DIC.

Just don’t want to do the work and get hit with the dreaded timing chain issue. We’re good about changing oil 2x/year with dexos and keeping it full.

Wondering who’s going strong on the original chain??

Thanks.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Mine is 2009 with 111.5K miles has still an original timing chain. Hoping this timing chain stretching will not occur soon, fingers crossed.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Traded in my 2008 with 227k miles.....no timing chain issues
Sounds great and interesting! Has lifted back my spirit of driving her more thousand miles.:smile::smile_big:

·
Registered
5,918 Posts
146k on the original TC.

·
Registered
5,918 Posts
Wasn't aware of specific year problems. Thanks for the clarification. No wonder I haven't had an issue. :thumb:

·
Registered
151 Posts
As far as I know, my 2009 with 161,000 miles is on the original. I bought the car with around 50k miles on it.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Can anybody enumerate some symptoms of the bad or stretched timing chains on 2009? Thanks.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Have a CXL with 115k miles, original TC. Also original owner. Managed to avoid most out of pocket repairs with GM extended coverage bulletins and DIY fixes.

This week the E was acting up. First a bad misfire which cleared up, no codes. Next the DIC started dimming, which also cleared up. Now the oil pressure light came on and also resolved itself next drive cycle.

I assume pressure sensor and plugs&coils need to be replaced, which is about $300 out of pocket DIY. Not sure about the DIC.

Just don’t want to do the work and get hit with the dreaded timing chain issue. We’re good about changing oil 2x/year with dexos and keeping it full.

Wondering who’s going strong on the original chain??

Thanks.

how many miles you doing in 6 months ?

·
Registered
4 Posts
i own a 2008 and just had mine replaced.
i got the code and knew what the problem was almost immediatly.
luckily i have a retired mechanic that did it for 500 cash. i bought the parts. that was 160 for the timing set.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Wow that is a good price, I need to find a retired mechanic to perform these repairs. I had a 2008 with 212K miles on it, original chain, always used synthetic oil and changed within 200 miles of the Oil Life Monitor message. . As far as I know it is still running, I sold it to a former co-worker.

·
Registered
5,918 Posts
Nope. Had to replace mine back in April 2019. must have spoke too soon back Augist 2018.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts