EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have an 03 MDX with backup camera - I love this option but my wife rarely uses it (she can't get used to trusting it). It is her car and she drives it 80% of the time. Neither of us are particularly fond of NAV.

We are considering an Enclave with the Rear Parking Assist (Driver Confidence) and no NAV/Backup Camera. Those of you who have the Rear Parking Assist I have a couple questions:

1) Generally, do you like it?
2) Is it useful - how do you use it?
2) Could you do just as well without it?
3) Do you wish you had the backup camera instead?

Thanks, Steve

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Re: Anybody Have Driver Confidence (Rear Parking Assisst) & No Backup Camera? (NAV)

Steve, I have the rear parking assist on my Rendezvous (and on an Oldsmobile before that) and I love it. I use it all the time. I will never buy a car without it in the future. It even tells me, when I'm backing out of the garage, it my doggies are too close. Having said that, I have never had the back-up camera. I am a bit like your wife, in that I don't know if I would rely on it. I actually like looking in the rearview mirrors and listening for the beeping sound. I also use it when I back into the garage. I just love it. And ordered my Enclave without Navagation and back-up camera, as I like On-Star and my back-up beeper. By the way, it tells you if you are "close" and "way too close" just FYI [/color]

·
Registered
180 Posts
Re: Anybody Have Driver Confidence (Rear Parking Assisst) & No Backup Camera? (NAV)

I have it in Ethel (my Enclave) and I've got to say it is the first time I've had such a thing. I have a bit of a complex trusting it as well, but it gives me a yellow indicator in my rear view mirror when i'm getting close to something (for instance a car while backing out) and comes up red if I'm dead up close to it.

All in all, I just wait for a little chime with the yellow light, and I'm good. I'm good.

R

·
0 Posts
Re: Anybody Have Driver Confidence (Rear Parking Assisst) & No Backup Camera? (N

i personally find both very annoying, i always turn off the parking assist and i will ignore the camera, just look back and i can see fine.

·
Registered
94 Posts

I had both of these features on my 2006 Nissan Armada and loved them. That is why when we ordered our Enclave, I couldn't go without. It is not meant to take the place of paying attention as you park but it sure does add a bit of confidence when parking. I must admit the Nissan was much bigger and the features helped a lot. When we had an Enclave on an extended test drive (weekend) I don't know if I used them because they helped or if I just got use to them from my Nissan. Either way, I ordered them for my Enclave. As a side note...I have to complete a witness statement from an incident on Friday where a contractor working in my subdivision backed out of driveway and hit another vehicle. He stopped and looked (without getting out of truck) and drove off. I followed him to get his plate number and now he is in more trouble. Point is if he had the sensors and/or camera he probably wouldn't have backed into the other vehicle.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Thanks everyone - that is very helpful!

Cheers!

Steve

·
Registered
1,429 Posts

So Steve, have you ordered yours yet?![/color] :angel:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts