EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There seems to be a new problem everyday on the boards now that the Enclave is getting out and we the guinea pigs are finding the problems?

·
Registered
69 Posts
All cars have problems, after all they are made by humans. The more they produce and sell the more problems that will arise. That being said, I'm not losing sleep I over it. :)

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Don't you think the beauty and luxury of this vehicle far outweigh the problems?[/color] ???

·
Registered
184 Posts
There are people who, if they are fortunate enough to get to Heaven, will find aspects of it to complain about.

Big "Stop And Smell The Roses" Larry
[/color]

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Big Larry said:
There are people who, if they are fortunate enough to get to Heaven, will find aspects of it to complain about.

Big "Stop And Smell The Roses" Larry
[/color]
Yeah, like "there's too many clouds up here..."[/color] ::)

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
and Im sure we'll meet the people who wear rose colored glasses even when harsh reality smacks them in the face :)

·
Registered
38 Posts
I think part of it is that those of us who have not had any problems, are not posting such joyous declarations -- we're just enjoying the ride. Most of those who do have problems (perfect is hard to find), are posting here in an effort to use the collective wisdom to find answers.

I guess we could start a thread of postings from people who have had a problem-free experience with their Enclave, but I doubt it will get much reading.

For the record, I've had my enclave since April '07 (one of the first ones sold). Still no problems.

·
Registered
37 Posts
You're supposed to hear that noise. Its in the manual. At around 7 and again at about 22 MPH. I forget percisely what its for but its basically the computer callobrating with the tires/breaks for the StabiliTrak. If you don't hear it you have a problem.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
to date I havent had any issues either, it is just disappointing to see others having to deal with them, thread wasnt created for others to flame, just an observation.....

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Booboo said:
You're supposed to hear that noise. Its in the manual. At around 7 and again at about 22 MPH. I forget percisely what its for but its basically the computer callobrating with the tires/breaks for the StabiliTrak. If you don't hear it you have a problem.
Booboo Yes, I know of that, but have a hard time believing that's the noise! I've driven many GM over 30 years and never heard an ABS noise like 2 bricks fell onto the road, as you drive away! :D

Had I known this, I would not have purchased the Enclave. It's embarrassing .......... :-[

Am going to dealer soon to get an opinion. Wish us luck!

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
Smokin:

I posted in the other thread but I would agree that I have never heard an ABS test like the one on the Enclave, but I do not consider mine loud enough to be embarrassing.

·
Registered
379 Posts
I don't really know how to describe it. It ONLY happens if I backup and then go forward.

I tried pulling through a parking spot and just driving forward without backing up and no noise.

I know a bit about suspensions and have never heard a car make this type of noise. We had a 2005 Chevy Equinox with anti-lock brakes and it didn't make this type of noise. There was a slight whir/click on the Equinox as the anti-lock brakes did their thing.

My Lexus' do not/did not make ANY type of noise like this.

This really sounds more like a major problem in the suspension.

Like Smokin' if I had known that they would make this noise, I would not have purchased the Enclaves.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
4000+ miles and no problems. You guys have gotta be kidding me that you think the ABS auto-calibration after initial forward motion is "embarassing". Either you do have an unusual problem, or you are WAAAAAAY too anal and nit-picky. I have to FORCE myself to listen for it to hear it.......FAR from embarassing! GET A CLUE!!!!!! It is nice to know the technology is WORKING the way it is supposed to!

·
Registered
379 Posts
If you have to strain to hear it, you do NOT have the same noise!

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
WHY DO WE NEED 2 THREADS ABOUT THIS AT THE SAME TIME AND PROBABLY 5 SINCE I HAVE BEEN ON THIS FORUM.

TAKE IT IN AND HAVE THE SERVICE GUY DRIVE IT WITH YOU AND FIND OUT ONCE AND FOR ALL WHAT IT IS!

It it is so reproducable it should not be a problem for them to hear it for you. If it is so bad that you would not have purchased an Enclave had you known about it (two of them), I would have it in to the dealer TODAY and not be on this forum chatting about it.

Sorry for my rave, but this topic is getting old. Get it FIXED and if it can't be fixed, trade it in on a Lexus.

·
Premium Member
1,997 Posts
Psssst... Hey Bsox...... It's Friday..... :friday:

Relax

·
Registered
379 Posts
bsox said:
WHY DO WE NEED 2 THREADS ABOUT THIS AT THE SAME TIME AND PROBABLY 5 SINCE I HAVE BEEN ON THIS FORUM.

TAKE IT IN AND HAVE THE SERVICE GUY DRIVE IT WITH YOU AND FIND OUT ONCE AND FOR ALL WHAT IT IS!

It it is so reproducable it should not be a problem for them to hear it for you. If it is so bad that you would not have purchased an Enclave had you known about it (two of them), I would have it in to the dealer TODAY and not be on this forum chatting about it.

Sorry for my rave, but this topic is getting old. Get it FIXED and if it can't be fixed, trade it in on a Lexus.
It is going to the dealer ASAP. I have other responsibilities that prohibit me from just dropping everything to take the car to the shop, so I rant on here.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts