EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have a CXL2 2011 year and have had lots of minor and medium issues. We have about 90k miles on the Enclave which is not a lot. Driver's seat motor shot. Driver's seat heater shot. Passenger seat heater shot. Chrome on the wheels is peeling. Climate control button images chip off. DVD GPS disk read errors (even on new disk). Cruddy GPS (if you are driving 100 miles it will say 100 minutes to destination, if you are driving 50 miles it will say 50 minutes, algorithm for GPS is junk). Water Pump died. Camshaft sensor error triggers engine light which then won't let you do remote start. Rubber around some of the doors is cracking already. This is not high quality as I would expect from a supposed luxury vehicle. Any ideas on getting any relief on all these problems?

·
Registered
251 Posts
I've got the chipping on the controls, I suspect other years also have that same issue. Wish I could just find the + / - knobs.

·
Registered
10,405 Posts
I have had the 2011 for just over 4 years and not experiencing any issues. Although I only have around 30,400 miles on it.

·
Super Moderator
21,164 Posts
stephendelahunty said:
We have a CXL2 2011 year and have had lots of minor and medium issues. We have about 90k miles on the Enclave which is not a lot. Driver's seat motor shot. Driver's seat heater shot. Passenger seat heater shot. Chrome on the wheels is peeling. Climate control button images chip off. DVD GPS disk read errors (even on new disk). Cruddy GPS (if you are driving 100 miles it will say 100 minutes to destination, if you are driving 50 miles it will say 50 minutes, algorithm for GPS is junk). Water Pump died. Camshaft sensor error triggers engine light which then won't let you do remote start. Rubber around some of the doors is cracking already. This is not high quality as I would expect from a supposed luxury vehicle. Any ideas on getting any relief on all these problems?
Sadly, I think that your car may be a minor lemon. The 2011 Enclaves have been generally pretty good regarding reliability.

·
Registered
4,433 Posts
kel03 said:
I've got the chipping on the controls, I suspect other years also have that same issue. Wish I could just find the + / - knobs.
LOL the dealer blamed my wife. How she messed with the controls on your car, and others, is beyond me.

·
Super Moderator
21,164 Posts
:facepalm: That's is simply a ridiculous way to treat a customer, especially when this is a known issue for the Enclave's center stack buttons.

·
Registered
416 Posts
kel03,

You can find stickers that will cover the wear on e-Bay.

Don't know how well they look.

I just bought an entire new control on e-Bay for my worn temp + and -.

Cost around $150

Unreal how easily a finger nail will wear them off :eek:

·
Registered
4,433 Posts
GoldEnclave said:
:facepalm: That's is simply a ridiculous way to treat a customer, especially when this is a known issue for the Enclave's center stack buttons.
I found it interesting that the SA would blame my wife, when speaking to me. I can't stand them. He said, "The reason that happened is that your wife uses aqua gel and that causes the labels to wear away." When I told me wife, where the F would he draw that conclusion from? She laughed, they must have seen a bottle of it in the rear door pocket. You can't make this stuff up.....I can't make this stuff up....

·
Registered
6,655 Posts
stephendelahunty said:
have about 90k miles on the Enclave which is not a lot.
Driver's seat motor shot.
Driver's seat heater shot. P
assenger seat heater shot.
Chrome on the wheels is peeling.
Climate control button images chip off.
DVD GPS disk read errors (even on new disk).
Cruddy GPS
Water Pump died.
Camshaft sensor error triggers engine light
Rubber around some of the doors is cracking already.
2010 Traverse--- kissing cousin to the Enclave.
95,000 miles.
Driver's seat motor shot----- Nope.
Driver's seat heater shot-----Nope- no heater in that seat.
Passenger seat heater shot--Nope- no heater in this seat.
Chrome on the wheels is peeling-Nope- no chrome- just the aluminum machined wheels- look good.
Climate control button images chip off- Nope. Nothing chipping.
DVD GPS disk read errors (even on new disk)--- Nope- No DVD GPS in this vehicle
Water Pump died---- Yes. replaced under warranty.
Camshaft sensor error triggers engine light---- Nope.
Rubber around some of the doors is cracking already----Nope. Rubber is nice and soft.

Maybe its good that I buy my vehicles on the lower trim- and leave out extras that could break.

·
Registered
657 Posts
rbarrios said:
2010 Traverse--- kissing cousin to the Enclave.

Maybe its good that I buy my vehicles on the lower trim- and leave out extras that could break.
Hi rbarrios,
is there any reason to think that traverse is a better quality vehicle than enclave?

·
Registered
6,655 Posts
No, im saying that when you get extra stuff in your car---- theres just more extras to break.

sunroof, digital ac, seat warmers, sunroof, Powered tailgate, factory entertainment

This is how I see it-- and leave them out of my vehicles.
I really dont need to pay extra and dont need to possibly deal with the hassle of it acting up later in its life.

sunroof- nope dont need to look at sky- I can look at it when im out running.
digital ac--- nope- I can reach out and change it myself.
Seat warmers- dont need warm seats in California.
Powered ligftgate- nope- still able to close a tailgate myself.
Factory entertainment-- nope- my 2 little ones have cheap portable DVD players

·
Registered
440 Posts
If you want a solution to your issues, go to the mechanic and open up your wallet.

If you are a DIY then HAVC controls are easily replaced. Common issue with this vehicle.

You can replace your door seals yourself and be sure to lubricate them a few times each year.

Heated seat, typically it is a broken coil, no easy fix besides getting a new heating element and installing it.

Seat motor, not a common issue, things wear out.

Chrome wheels just suck in general, they do not hold up. You can get replacements on ebay or take the wheels you have and have them refinished at a local place

The Nav unit on these vehicles sucks, it was outdated the minute it hit the showroom, your 2011 model has a unit developed in 2007 thats a long time in electronics world.

Water pumps die, I would expect failure rate to increase above 75k miles, not sure if there was a warranty extension on the water pump, calll your dealer.

In the end you have a chevy that has been luxuried up but its basically a 24k vehicle with 20k of lipstick on it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I also have 2011 CXL2 AWD. I have 139,000km(86,875 miles) on it. First three years of driving aprox. 56,250 miles the Enclave was trouble free was thinking of purchasing another one, then after the warranty expired I encountered the first of many issues. The passenger side actuator was the first to go then came passenger side seat heater ( cooled still works for now ). this past winter the TPS sensor decided to stop working causing the car to lose power while I was on the freeway( pretty scary) needed to replace whole throttle body. It seems this month that my air conditioner is not cooling the car very well and my 14 month "new" actuator doesn't seem to be functioning properly. I love the ride and looks of the Enclave but I will never own one again.

·
Registered
4,433 Posts
I know I've already chimed in, but, on Sat. we went to the car wash (I know I know never run a car you like through a car wash but this thing is large and the paint ain't very good anyway), and used the free vacuums. The seat cushion on the driver side was flapping? The only thing I can think of is when this thing was brand spanking new (< 300 mi.), the seat was squeaking and it went back to the dealer and they did something. :angryfire:

All joking, all kidding aside, that can't be ok. This type of stuff leads to SRS warnings etc. at some point....

·
Registered
6,655 Posts
jpano--

hopefully you have not paid somewhere around $300 to have the actuators replaced at the dealer.

Many of us have replaced the actuators for about $30-$40.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
jpano7 said:
I also have 2011 CXL2 AWD. I have 139,000km(86,875 miles) on it. First three years of driving aprox. 56,250 miles the Enclave was trouble free was thinking of purchasing another one, then after the warranty expired I encountered the first of many issues. The passenger side actuator was the first to go then came passenger side seat heater ( cooled still works for now ). this past winter the TPS sensor decided to stop working causing the car to lose power while I was on the freeway( pretty scary) needed to replace whole throttle body. It seems this month that my air conditioner is not cooling the car very well and my 14 month "new" actuator doesn't seem to be functioning properly. I love the ride and looks of the Enclave but I will never own one again.
Hello jpano7,

We are sorry to hear that you are experiencing concerns with your Enclave and certainly understand how frustrating it can be to require multiple repairs. If you would like to visit your local Buick dealership to have your current concern diagnosed, we would be more than happy to reach out to them on your behalf to schedule an appointment. If this is of interest to you, please send us a private message with your VIN, full contact information and preferred dealership.

Kind Regards,

Samantha N
Buick Customer Care

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks for the feed back on the actuator. if anyone can send me a link on how to do it myself that would help immensely
I also forgot to mention my nav stopped working a few months back I now own a garmin GPS. From what I have read in past forums this is not a cheap fix.( dvd map error)

·
Registered
402 Posts
john 070 said:
LOL the dealer blamed my wife. How she messed with the controls on your car, and others, is beyond me.
Thaks is funny. When my wife and I purchased ours the dealer sales guy showed us the 2013 model got a new updated controller because of this issue. My 2010 Silverado has 37,000 miles on it and it is starting to show signs of wear.

·
Registered
6,655 Posts
1 - 20 of 31 Posts