EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

So I picked up a 2008 enclave. Super clean, but I am having an electronic issue. The driver's side door is giving me problems. None of the window switch controls work except for the drivers window (no locks, mirrrors, locks, etc). Also the seat memory controls on the same door don't work and neither does the illumination for the switch.

I also get a "DRIVER DOOR OPEN" in the instrument panel. The door also does not loock or unlock all the time with the remote. 1/5 times it will not lock/unlock. It's always this ddor. All others work fine

Any idea what it can be? I thought it was the switch, but the driver door open and memory seats dont make sense if it was just that.

Any suggestions on things I can try? (new switch, fuse, etc)

Thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
344 Posts
Sounds like maybe a connection problem between the door and the rest of the car. There must be power to the door or the window wouldn't work. But signals from the door switches out to other components are being blocked. Either the power isn't getting to the switches, or it's not getting out from the switches.

Whatever, it sounds like a trip to the dealer is in order. It should still be under warranty unless the mileage is really high.Here' wishing you a quick fix. :thumb:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
my warranty just ended. I just hit 51k miles. I would of liked to try to fix myself rather than getting slammed with a $500+ bill. I know how costly electrical stuff is.
There is no fuse for this right? I looked through my manual and couldn;t find one, but thought maybe i missed it.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
21,166 Posts
Even though your Enclave is a little beyond the warranty mileage, approach the dealer anyway. I was advised by my Subaru dealer recently that they are given some latitude with warranty expirations for warranty repairs; usually up to 3,000 miles or 3 months, but sometimes even more. Perhaps GM does the same? It can't hurt to try to "force" it under warranty coverage. ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry I made a typo in last post. I just hit 59k miles not 51k. I tried one dealer and told me that he could not do anything and that i would have to bring it in and they charge me per hour rate to find the issue
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,041 Posts
mcu said:
Sorry I made a typo in last post. I just hit 59k miles not 51k. I tried one dealer and told me that he could not do anything and that i would have to bring it in and they charge me per hour rate to find the issue
May be a bite-the-bullet moment, unless you feel up to a little hands-on troubleshooting...

Good luck... :thumb:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,514 Posts
Was the car wrecked? Maybe they didn't get the connections back properly in the repair.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
no not wrecked. car is super clean and never any paint work. Can only a part of a switch work? I mean one button works but not the rest or is it most likely something deeper?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
57 Posts
My driver door express-up button didn't worked when I picked up my new Outlook. The dealer replaced the door computer and it still didn't work. All other buttons worked. They called GM tech support and they were instructed on how to re-program the door computer. That fixed the problem.

The dealer GM asked the service tech if he had tried to re-program the computer before ordering a new one. The service tech said it wasn't part of the troubleshooting procedure and even then it took much back and forth between him and GM tech support to get it done. Hopefully, it's all documented now and part of the troubleshooting procedure.

If some buttons work and some don't, I would suggest starting with reprograming the door computer first.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
any idea where the door computer is located? did it have illumination at least at night?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
21,166 Posts
Oh, well. 59K is well beyond the warranty expiration. :(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
198 Posts
This is an old thread, but seems closest to an issue that has cropped up with our 2009. Periodically, we experience lack of functions with some of the controls on the driver door panel. Specifically, the lock/unlock buttons won't function and the other three windows won't function from the driver's door. The driver's window will work, though. Occasionally, as we begin to drive, all doors will lock except the drivers door -- or -- stopping and parking would unlock all doors except the drivers door. Restarting the vehicle cures the issue every time. My plan is to bring it in to the dealer soon (I'm not in a rush). Just wondering if I'm alone with this issue.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,875 Posts
Occasionally the mirror controls will stop working, then start again just as inexplicably. I have yet to figure out a way to get this to repeat, I assume there's a loose connector... but I guess it could be anything.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,853 Posts
About 4 days ago, I pulled into the garage and pressed both front window buttons down, like I always do. I heard both motors tugging, but the windows acted like they were stuck closed with bubble gum. Neither would move. I worked the switches up and down a couple of times, and finally the windows broke loose, but the "auto" function didn't work - I had to hold the buttons down to open the windows (Gawd, what hardships we face!! :happy:)

Next day, when I pulled the switches up, again the auto function didn't work. A few hours later, the passenger window would auto open, but not auto close. Then later, the driver window auto opened but not close...

To make a long story short, it was three days before both windows began working as they should. That was just a bit weird, but they are now okay.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,875 Posts
rockyp said:
About 4 days ago, I pulled into the garage and pressed both front window buttons down, like I always do. I heard both motors tugging, but the windows acted like they were stuck closed with bubble gum. Neither would move. I worked the switches up and down a couple of times, and finally the windows broke loose, but the "auto" function didn't work - I had to hold the buttons down to open the windows (Gawd, what hardships we face!! :happy:)

Next day, when I pulled the switches up, again the auto function didn't work. A few hours later, the passenger window would auto open, but not auto close. Then later, the driver window auto opened but not close...

To make a long story short, it was three days before both windows began working as they should. That was just a bit weird, but they are now okay.
Did you try "re-programming" the auto close feature? That rather "complicated :) :)" process consists of putting the window all the way down with the switch, then pulling the switch to run the window all the way up. This is one of the procedures necessary after disconnecting/reconnecting the battery... in addition to resetting clock.. etc. It boggles the mind how/why they (GM) could have designed it lilke that but that's the way it is :facepalm:

I am beginning to wonder if this is just another symptom of bad software after all.... Car not working right?... reboot it! ;D

Wondering if after the warranty is up we'll begin receiving messages to "upgrade" to version 2013. :D :D :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,825 Posts
rpasetto said:
Did you try "re-programming" the auto close feature? That rather "complicated :) :)" process consists of putting the window all the way down with the switch, then pulling the switch to run the window all the way up. This is one of the procedures necessary after disconnecting/reconnecting the battery... in addition to resetting clock.. etc. It boggles the mind how/why they (GM) could have designed it lilke that but that's the way it is :facepalm:

I am beginning to wonder if this is just another symptom of bad software after all.... Car not working right?... reboot it! ;D

Wondering if after the warranty is up we'll begin receiving messages to "upgrade" to version 2013. :D :D :D
Do you think GM is the only automaker with software for the power windows? I highly doubt it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,875 Posts
kidsenclave said:
Do you think GM is the only automaker with software for the power windows? I highly doubt it.
No, not at all. Others are likely just as buggy. Of course nothing approaches the Nav software on these cars.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,825 Posts
rpasetto said:
No, not at all. Others are likely just as buggy. Of course nothing approaches the Nav software on these cars.
Yeah, the NAV is a moot point with me.....we don't have it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,853 Posts
rpasetto said:
Did you try "re-programming" the auto close feature? That rather "complicated :) :)" process consists of putting the window all the way down with the switch, then pulling the switch to run the window all the way up. This is one of the procedures necessary after disconnecting/reconnecting the battery... in addition to resetting clock.. etc.
I didn't realize I was "reprogramming" the switch, but of course I pulled it up. And pushed it down. And pulled it up again. And down again. And up. And down. And up. And down. And up. And down. And up. And down. And up. And down. And up. And down. And up. And down. And up. And down. And up. And down. And up. And down. And up. And down. And up. And down. And up. And down. And up. And down. And up. And down.... for 4 days!!!!

As a software developer, my clients would be severely pissed if my programs took 4 days to restart!! :happy: :happy: :happy:
 
1 - 20 of 37 Posts
Top