EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
rockyp said:
I didn't realize I was "reprogramming" the switch, but of course I pulled it up. And pushed it down. And pulled it up again. And down again. And up. And down. And up. And down. And up. And down. And up. And down. And up. And down. And up. And down. And up. And down. And up. And down. And up. And down. And up. And down. And up. And down. And up. And down. And up. And down. And up. And down. And up. And down.... for 4 days!!!!

As a software developer, my clients would be severely pissed if my programs took 4 days to restart!! :happy: :happy: :happy:
You can repeat the "reprogramming" by disconnecting the battery for a few moments then reconnecting.. info is in the manual. Or... the same thing can probably be accomplished by pulling one or a few fuses... I just don't know which.

I just can't help but wonder if the Enclave's window-up-down computer is running Windows (perhaps Vista?) :D :D :D

·
Premium Member
21,166 Posts
rpasetto said:
You can repeat the "reprogramming" by disconnecting the battery for a few moments then reconnecting.. info is in the manual. Or... the same thing can probably be accomplished by pulling one or a few fuses... I just don't know which.

I just can't help but wonder if the Enclave's window-up-down computer is running Windows (perhaps Vista?) :D :D :D
:hilarious2:

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
rpasetto said:
Very good!!! :happy: :happy: :thumb: :thumb:

·
Registered
1,875 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,546 Posts
franko said:
This is an old thread, but seems closest to an issue that has cropped up with our 2009. Periodically, we experience lack of functions with some of the controls on the driver door panel. Specifically, the lock/unlock buttons won't function and the other three windows won't function from the driver's door. The driver's window will work, though. Occasionally, as we begin to drive, all doors will lock except the drivers door -- or -- stopping and parking would unlock all doors except the drivers door. Restarting the vehicle cures the issue every time. My plan is to bring it in to the dealer soon (I'm not in a rush). Just wondering if I'm alone with this issue.

franko,
I would suggest that you contact your local dealership and have them look into this for you. If you would like me to contact your dealer and set up an appointment for you please send me a PM with your name, phone number, VIN, dealer and the days and times that you are available. Either way, I would like you to keep me posted on the progress with your dealer. If you have any questions, comments or concerns please feel free to contact me.
Thank you,
Stacy Buick Customer Service

·
Registered
198 Posts
Stacy, thanks. I'll take care of it and will post an update when there is one.

·
Registered
198 Posts
franko said:
This is an old thread, but seems closest to an issue that has cropped up with our 2009. Periodically, we experience lack of functions with some of the controls on the driver door panel. Specifically, the lock/unlock buttons won't function and the other three windows won't function from the driver's door. The driver's window will work, though. Occasionally, as we begin to drive, all doors will lock except the drivers door -- or -- stopping and parking would unlock all doors except the drivers door. Restarting the vehicle cures the issue every time. My plan is to bring it in to the dealer soon (I'm not in a rush). Just wondering if I'm alone with this issue.
I just came back from my dealer, which diagnosed the issue as a corroded Instrument Panel and Body Electronics Control Fuse Block. The dealer replaced the fuse block under warranty (part 20934631). The technician actually started the vehicle about 60 times to experience the problem and trace its cause. The work order says the tech cleared the sunroof drain to prevent a recurrence. I've never had a damp floor or any water inside. 2009 always outside. Figured I'd provide an update in case anyone has similar electrical gremlins in the future.

·
Registered
198 Posts
WAIT -- we still have the random failure of the driver's door switches and the turn indicator. Once Friday and again Saturday. Our E is back at the dealer.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Just back from the dealer. The tech traced the problem to a loose connector in the A pillar (Data Line L0005, Connector X2 Door Lock/Window Switch Pin #9) was loose. He reconnected and secured to prevent recurrence. Tested good, so hopefully this is the charm.

·
Premium Member
1,546 Posts
franko said:
Just back from the dealer. The tech traced the problem to a loose connector in the A pillar (Data Line L0005, Connector X2 Door Lock/Window Switch Pin #9) was loose. He reconnected and secured to prevent recurrence. Tested good, so hopefully this is the charm.

franko,
Thank you for the update on this. I am happy to hear that your dealer has been able to get this issue corrected for you. If you have any questions, comments or concerns please feel free to contact me anytime.
Thank you,

·
Registered
198 Posts
Wait (again). The electrical glitch popped up Thursday night and first thing Friday. I drove straight to the dealer and they are working on it some more. Obviously, this is a one-off thing and they haven't experienced it before. Judging from this forum, it does seem to be a rare problem. Dealer has been diligent so I have no complaints.

BTW, my B2B warranty expired yesterday on our 4 year anniversary. Still glad we bought the Enclave. Although very pleased with the 4 year, 50,000 mile new car warranty, I did not purchase a GMPP or other extended warranty.

·
Premium Member
1,546 Posts
franko said:
Wait (again). The electrical glitch popped up Thursday night and first thing Friday. I drove straight to the dealer and they are working on it some more. Obviously, this is a one-off thing and they haven't experienced it before. Judging from this forum, it does seem to be a rare problem. Dealer has been diligent so I have no complaints.

BTW, my B2B warranty expired yesterday on our 4 year anniversary. Still glad we bought the Enclave. Although very pleased with the 4 year, 50,000 mile new car warranty, I did not purchase a GMPP or other extended warranty.

franko,
I understand your concerns with this issue. I would like to look into this further for you as well as get a Service Request set up for you. Can you please send me a PM with your name, address, phone number, VIN, current mileage and the name of your dealer? I look forward to hearing back from you.
Thank you,

·
Registered
198 Posts
Stacy, thanks for the offer, but really, I don't think I need assistance. The dealer has been understanding and has worked diligently to diagnose and find the problem. It's random, so I get the difficulty in tracking down the issue. In fact, I just came home with our enclave and it has a new driver's door switch module. We will see if that was the cause.

·
Premium Member
21,166 Posts
franko said:
Stacy, thanks for the offer, but really, I don't think I need assistance. The dealer has been understanding and has worked diligently to diagnose and find the problem. It's random, so I get the difficulty in tracking down the issue. In fact, I just came home with our enclave and it has a new driver's door switch module. We will see if that was the cause.
It is nice to know that Stacy is out there going to bat for us. :thumb:

·
Premium Member
1,546 Posts
franko said:
franko,
I am happy to hear that you have your Enclave back! :thumb: I hope that they have solved this issue for you. If you feel you do need my assistance please feel free to contact me anytime!
Thank you,

·
Registered
1 Posts
Had the mysterious intermittent drivers door open fault, windows don’t work, seat heater etc etc... bought a donor door out of another enclave... swapped out all harnesses and switches in the door. Everything now works...

HOWEVER...
Old door harness was laying on the floor as I was doing this work and I noticed water sitting beneath the harness.. picked it up and shook it. Water came flying out of the main connector where the door harness connects to the main vehicle harness in the door jam. Maybe a 1/2 cup or more was inside the rubber door jam boot and in the connector itself.
My guess? All these glitchy intermittent issues are a result of a poorly sealed (possibly missing the seal) connector. Water sloshes around in the harness casing and you get these issues. Wanted to post in case it helps others.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts