EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are going to have the dealer install dual headrest DVD players when our Enclave arrives in a few weeks. Anyone done this? What brand/model player did you go with and what was your approx. cost? Also, if you went elsewhere to have it done, why did you go that route and what sort of warranty did you receive?

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
The only thing I can contribute is that my dealer estimated $1800 installed. I never got any further than the price before I became disinterested.

·
Registered
171 Posts
What is the actual brand that GM sells for the headrest dvd? I'm assuming it's Panasonic like in Ent #4 (except 7" instead of 8")???

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It sounds like our dealer can do either GM certified accessories or they have contacts with other outside companies. We said we could discuss as we got closer to delivery. I just wanted to get an idea of what people have done!

·
Registered
47 Posts
My dealer gave me an installed quote of $1750 for the Invision III series. Dual headrests with dual DVD players.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I had the invision dual headrest dvd's put in. They swap out the original headrests, and replace with new ones that have the dvd's expertly installed. They tap into the power on the back of the console. The total installation was under one hours. The kids love them. The car has never been so quiet. Forget the quiet tuning, ...the kids, you wouldn't even know they were in the car. I included a pic of the installation. The DVD screens tilt toward shorter viewers. You can watch either movie from either player, and you can use your play station etc with it also.

Attachments

·
Registered
721 Posts
We've installed both the GM (made by Invision) and the Rosen systems, and we actually prefer the Rosen ones. They have a higher screen resolution, built-in video games (w/wireless controller) and are about 1" thinner front to back so it makes for as cleaner install. As a bonus, they also have a USB input for movies, IPods, music, pics, etc.

Here's a link: http://www.rosenentertainment.com/AV7500%20ENCLAVE.ACADIA.OUTLOOK%20EXPEDITER%20VERSION%2001.14.08.pdf (note-the sheet says 3/36 warranty, but they will match the 4/50 warranty for the Enclave if installed within a month of purchase)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Tralfaz said:
We've installed both the GM (made by Invision) and the Rosen systems, and we actually prefer the Rosen ones. They have a higher screen resolution, built-in video games (w/wireless controller) and are about 1" thinner front to back so it makes for as cleaner install. As a bonus, they also have a USB input for movies, IPods, music, pics, etc.
How much did the Rosen system run installed? Do you get much interference using the FM transmitter for sound? How well does the leather color, texture, and stitching match the OEM seats? What sort of games are pre-installed?

I hoping to be ordering an Enclave soon and am sorting out which entertainments system I should get installed. The headrest solutions are attractive since it removes rear view obstructions for a tall guy and 2 screens might reduce the kids fighting over programming.

-Rob

·
Registered
721 Posts
The Rosen system runs $1795.00 installed. The color match is perfect and they look just like they came from the factory. Another advantage with the Rosen is that you can actually pick the exact FM frequency you want it to transmit to; with the GM/Invision ones, you have about 10 presets for the modulator-that way you can adjust for local conditions. We've done about a dozen of the Rosen's vs. just 2 of the GM ones.

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Dealer installed for free

We have the best dealer - according to the big beautiful 'album' we got for the Enclave in September last year as well as the on-site info, our car was supposed to come with wireless headphones (Entertainment package 3). After weeks of trying to resolve this issue with Buick, our dealer had had enough and so had we. He installed the DVD headrests free of charge. Since then, the onsite specs have been revised and reflect the correct info as well as a disclaimer. The brochure has also been revised.[/color]

·
Registered
95 Posts
Our dealer installed TV's in headrest for $1,650 in both our Enclaves. Not sure of the brand, but they play beautifully.

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
We got the GM system installed for $1300.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I had two concerns about these units and was hoping someone could help answer my questions. We are getting ready to buy a 2008 Enclave and want to go with entertainment system 3 (Nav but no overhead DVD).

1. Can the headrest units mentioned in this thread be "hard wired" to the factory system?
2. Can the audio system in the Enclave multi-zone (radio in front seat, movie in back seats)?

I believe the answer to question 2 is yes based on several other threads I have seen. Once you order the rear seat controls you have the ability to multi-zone.

Overall, I really don't want to spend $1800 for 2 headrests when I can get a pair of pioneer or eclipse screens for $1000. They can be wired to the factory stereo as long as there is a video output available. I've also found that audiovox makes a set (Hr7008PKG) for the about same price ($1500) but most importantly, they can be hardwired (with an optional breakout box), they have an internal DVD player, and can accept an external input and output.
This would allow you with a lockpick like the GMX5000 to use the DVD in dash for one source (either monitor) and the unit for the 2nd source (either monitor).

I've been struggling whether to just go with base factory radio and replace it with a full unit that does bluetooth, nav, DVD in headrest, ipod audio (and video) and multizone, or just to get the headrests and stay with the factory unit. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks for the info.

Tralfaz said:

Here's a link: http://www.rosenentertainment.com/AV7500%20ENCLAVE.ACADIA.OUTLOOK%20EXPEDITER%20VERSION%2001.14.08.pdftirescars (note-the sheet says 3/36 warranty, but they will match the 4/50 warranty for the Enclave if installed within a month of purchase)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts