EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
5,929 Posts

·
Registered
5,929 Posts
Anyone else have any ideas about the front turn signal in the headlamp as to what LED could be a cross reference from 12272NA?

·
Registered
5,929 Posts
cfedor said:
Anyone else have any ideas about the front turn signal in the headlamp as to what LED could be a cross reference from 12272NA?
I am totally blown away on this 12272NA for a LED replacement. I guess I will just go to the store, look for a 12772NA, compare the pin and socket to look for an orange/amber LED bulb and give it a try. I am waiting on a set of 4 resistors to slap in the fronts and rear circuits. Will post pics as I get them installed.

·
Registered
5,929 Posts
Is everyone just skipping over this or just don't want to comment or just plainly don't know an answer? I have even tried cross referencing the 12772NA via Sylvania or GE but nothing pops up... Bummer.

·
Registered
5,929 Posts
GoldEnclave said:
Did you say something? ;D

eh-hum, I am typing here, words are being formed for your reading pleasure......oh and positive comments that might help me out. But Gold's quip's are welcome, too... :confused: :eyebrow:

·
Registered
5,929 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
I realize it's been almost a year since the last post, but just when I was starting to contemplate building my own 12272NA LED bulbs, I found these:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Amber-Error-Free-PH24WY-LED-Bulbs-For-Audi-Cadillac-etc-Front-Turn-Signal-Lights-/131261028363?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item1e8fc4580b&vxp=mtr

Edit: looks like they are cheaper from the source - http://store.ijdmtoy.com/30W-CREE-PH24WY-Audi-LED-Turn-Signal-Light-Bulbs-p/40-019.htm

I haven't tried them (I just might though) so I can't say if they are any good. If I do, I'll report back.

2nd edit: The wattage of these is high enough that load resistors might not be necessary!

·
Registered
5,929 Posts
MDCole9761 said:
I realize it's been almost a year since the last post, but just when I was starting to contemplate building my own 12272NA LED bulbs, I found these:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Amber-Error-Free-PH24WY-LED-Bulbs-For-Audi-Cadillac-etc-Front-Turn-Signal-Lights-/131261028363?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item1e8fc4580b&vxp=mtr

Edit: looks like they are cheaper from the source - http://store.ijdmtoy.com/30W-CREE-PH24WY-Audi-LED-Turn-Signal-Light-Bulbs-p/40-019.htm

I haven't tried them (I just might though) so I can't say if they are any good. If I do, I'll report back.

2nd edit: The wattage of these is high enough that load resistors might not be necessary!
Yes, Please proceed and take a small MPEG or vid of it in action. P.S. they might be cheaper on the ijdmtoy site for the bulbs, but then add shipping. Shipping is free on the Ebay listing you have the link for. + I would check what the wattage of the regular incandecent's are compared to these - and compare the two that you have listed as those both are listed as 30 watts. Good luck. :thumb:

·
Registered
5,929 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts

·
Registered
5,929 Posts
MDCole9761 said:
Yep- those look like the same ones I bought on eBay. I hope to post more info soon, but long story short is yes they fit, yes they are just as bright as the factory bulb, but no they don't fool the BCM- it will go into "bulb out" mode with a rapid flash.
:( :eek:hno:

·
Registered
42 Posts
Just as a teaser- I'm hoping to do some modifications that allow the use of LEDs without slapping resistors in there (I personally don't care for using resistors to make up the difference in load). One idea I have is to integrate the DRL lights and turn signals (since I like to use amber bulbs in my DRL lamps because I like the color/look) so that both serve DRL and turn signal functionality (ala the Corvette, CTS, etc.). Another idea I have is to use enough LED's to produce enough load to satisfy the BCM (by converting the rear parking lamps mounted on the liftgate to functional stop/turn/tail lamps). All of these of course are merely theories and I have not done any testing or engineering to see if they will work. They also aren't mods for the "faint of heart".

One other idea that I'm too scared to attempt involves a supposed BCM option during flashing that disables the bulb outage detection (meant for trucks where the rear bed is replaced with other cargo options by an aftermarket custom truck builder) and/or for dealer installed "custom" taillights that might be LED based.

·
Registered
5,929 Posts
Understand! Can't wait to see pics! :D
(by converting the rear parking lamps mounted on the liftgate to functional stop/turn/tail lamps)
I had given that thought too!

·
Registered
42 Posts
cfedor said:
Understand! Can't wait to see pics! :D
(by converting the rear parking lamps mounted on the liftgate to functional stop/turn/tail lamps)
I had given that thought too!
I know- it think it would look awesome!

·
Registered
5,929 Posts
The thing is that I think we would run into is phishing a wire from the outer tail lamps thru the upper center rubber wire chase, thru the tailgate to those housings, then needing to find the correct lamp socket that would fit those housings on the tailgate for the park/running lamp + the turn signal. Then of course trying to figure out what the bulb would be. would we still use a 7443 like in the outer lens?

·
Registered
42 Posts
That's the tough part- the cutout on the reflector is designed for a 194 socket, so trying to find a socket for a dual filament bulb that fits the same cutout is the first challenge (I'm also a big proponent of never permanently modifying anything on the vehicle unless I have spare to swap back in or the changes are reversible). I suppose one could manufacture an adapter collar so that you could use a dual filament bulb/socket with the 194 cutout, as long as the bulb could fit through the hole in the housing. The good news is that, unlike the taillights, the area where the wires and bulbs connect to the rear liftgate lenses is sealed from the elements, so weatherproofing isn't a concern.

The wiring is the easier part of the equation- certainly not fun, but should be doable.

·
Registered
5,929 Posts
:thumb:

21 - 40 of 45 Posts